Menu

I just threw away...

Ewe Mama

We have a little bit of candy/cookies/treats left and I can't wait until it's gone. My 5 year old has been horrible. I think the combination of too much sugar and too much TV is making him lose his mind. I think the sweets should all be gone by tomorrow and then we'll have a few days to detox everyone before we get back into real life next week. I'll be keeping my expectations low while we ease back in to being normal human beings. :tongue_smilie:

I promised to keep it through the end of the year.   Dh is home this week, and he loves having it all around as much as  more than the kids.....the m&ms, the candy canes, the hersey's kisses....oy!!     But the minute we ring in the New Year, it's GONE! 

I have never heard of Christmas candy before.  Halloween, yes, Easter, yes.  Never Christmas.  Hmmm...

Fudge? Peanut brittle? Candy canes? Candy is everywhere this time of year! I've been given SO much many homemade candies, cookies and other treats by friends and neighbors in the past few weeks. 

And you've never heard of putting a bit of candy into a child's stocking? 

Alvin even pilfered the candy I had received as a gift in my own stocking. I didn't even get so much as a bite! That child has serious boundary issues when it comes to sweets.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has "gone Grinchy" as Sheep Daddy puts it. All that smiling and Christmas Joy was making my teeth hurt. Now I can go back to being my alter ego "mean Mommy". :D

We started back with school work on Monday because I just could not take another whiney moment.

We've always "rationed" Halloween and Christmas candy -- only so much at a time.  Funny thing is, that now we don't have to anymore.  I think they are so used to not pigging out on it that they forget to eat it at all, LOL.  Tonight I told my oldest when he was asking about dessert, "Why don't you eat something from your stocking!"  And he did.  A peppermint marshmallow santa.  And he even let me have a bite.

We've always "rationed" Halloween and Christmas candy -- only so much at a time. Funny thing is, that now we don't have to anymore. I think they are so used to not pigging out on it that they forget to eat it at all, LOL. Tonight I told my oldest when he was asking about dessert, "Why don't you eat something from your stocking!" And he did. A peppermint marshmallow santa. And he even let me have a bite.

Here too. I can't imagine buying the candy knowing it's going to drive me batty before I'm prompted to throw it in the trash.

Kids know how much they can have on a regular basis and so on special occasions they seldom eat much more.

My son struggles with his weight and I've told my MIL about it over and over and over and over.  She's suggested ways to make meals that he would like (he's picky) so we can help him eat healthier.  She's suggested exercises he could do.  

But this Christmas she bought him an entire bag (full sized) of Doritos, fudge, cookies, a full-sized chocolate bar...and something I'm forgetting.  I was befuddled. Why did she do that when she knows what a struggle it is to get him to eat healthily and he's clearly overweight???

DH was a fat kid.  Now I'm seeing why.  She just doesn't get it.

The candy is slowly getting tossed and no one is noticing.  The Doritos, well, he'll notice if those disappear and be terribly angry if I toss his "Christmas present from Mom-Mom."  I'm rationing it.  Maybe I'll toss a handful of chips every couple of days and he won't notice.

I use to try to ration the kids' candy to a few pieces a day. Now I just let them eat it all and get it over with. No more weeks of candy... ugh. And I only buy a few, quality chocolates to put in their stockings.

This is my philosophy as well :)  Saved my sanity!  I tried rationing one year with Halloween, what a headache! and the whining o_O  Now it's gone in a couple of days ;)

Our problem here is soda. My sil brought 3 12-packs of regular Pepsi to our family party the other day and most of it is still left. DS is not supposed to drink it with the caffeine but he apparently decided to drink it anyway. He was up very late talking a mile a minute. I thought my ears woud fall off! I will be dropping it off at her house tomorrow!