Menu

No Way, No How, No...

Chocolate is the food of the gods!

Really, since Trader Joe's is selling it, it must be healthy, right? A while ago I read in the Parade supplement to the Sunday newspaper that the ideal diet consists of one ounce of dark chocolate every day (plus salmon, blueberries, almonds and walnuts, leafy greens, and a few other things).

If you can exercise self-restraint, think of this as fulfilling that healthy quota! :D

Here's some additional health info. to help you make that important decision! (You know you want it! :) )

You're also not gonna buy their individually chocolate-dipped Joe-Joes either, huh? ;)

Oh, and you wanna know what horrible evil thing my local store had as their sample last week? Fresh, hot brownies (from their mix) topped with their mini peanut butter cups, crushed. I ate one (bite-sized sample) and looked at the employee and said, "I'm gonna have another one, okay?" roflol... They said "go for it", so I did! :D

Ahh, you people are no help. Chocolate Dipped Joe-Joes :glare:

Two weeks ago I succumbed to the Peppermint Joe Joe cheesecake someone here mentioned to me, of course I was the only one in the house that liked it, after a day or two I forced myself to feed it to the disposal.

I visited CNN right before coming here...maybe that's why I assumed it was a political thread. Can we turn it into a political thread?

:001_huh:

Yes, I was inspired by Hillary. So picture me saying it slowly, emphatically as I methodically look around the forum. :D

Oh, c'mon - if it is from Trader Joes the sale will help support the rain forest, it is organic, and has no calories. ;) So it is not p/c or American to shun it!!!

Indeed. In fact, let's just lay our cards on the table here: Karen, are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?

:D

Oh, c'mon - if it is from Trader Joes the sale will help support the rain forest, it is organic, and has no calories. ;) So it is not p/c or American to shun it!!!

that any calories eaten on Christian holidays (and, if you look at the calendar, there are many) are null and void? So declared a friend of ours who is Episcopalian!

that any calories eaten on Christian holidays (and, if you look at the calendar, there are many) are null and void? So declared a friend of ours who is Episcopalian!

Hey, yeah--and think of all of the saints' days! Wait, that's...EVERY day, right? Oh, I'm likin' the way you think, Michelle in MO!

I'm beginning to think TJ's is a truly evil place. The people are so nice, too nice. :001_huh:

And those bells, what is up with the bells, calling out food item names, and all the high fives. last but not least is the % of healthy food vs. all those SWEETS! Everything from sweet nuts to lava cakes. Thankfully we are very limited in what we can eat, yet I still come home with at least three of four treats we really don't need, like those almonds in chocolate cover coconut clouds. :tongue_smilie:

I guess it was the bells that made me buy them. :confused:

Step away from the lava cake. Step away from the lava cake.

Greek yogurt is your friend, and wild caught salmon, and a little chunk of ultra dark chocolate so rich that you can only eat a bite every day.

There. How did that work? :D

Thank you friend. :D I haven't actually gone yet so I think this will help. Plus I'm saving my calories for my vacation next week.

:lol: You are on their email list? You are so lucky to have TJ's. When we moved we lost TJs. :crying:

I moved and lost access to TJ as well.

shhhhh,,,,

hey, If i send you the money could you uhhhh..... wellll......

pass it to me on the side???

Calories don't count on the side, ya know.

shhhh...

:)