Menu

Join me in thanking SWB and her staff for WTM....

sheryl

I haven't been here forever but I discovered this board when homeschooling was just an idea, I lurked forever and only recently started posting frequently. This place has been an absolute wealth of information for me and I treasure the wisdom and advice I've gotten and will continue to get I'm sure.

I haven't had time to read all of the replies, but I heartily agree with the OP. The WTMBoards have been a VERY key support system for me from the time of their inception (15 yrs ago?) til now. The first edition of WTM came out when my children were 1 and 3, and now my first student is beginning her senior year.  These boards have helped me along each stage of the process. Kudos to SWB and the PHP/WTM staff for bearing the $$$ and labor responsibilities necessary to keep this community alive! Thank you!

I came to these boards after reading the Well Trained Mind. The book was instrumental in planning our homeschool. I rely on Peace Hill Press materials for language arts and history. I have also found valuable resources just by lurking among threads and when I ask for help directly in the curriculum or gen ed boards I get great advice from the members here. So, thank you SWB and Peacehill Press- I couldn't do it without you!

I remember the day I was browsing the education section at my local Barnes and Noble (while my 4 DC were in a "Blue Ribbon of Excellence" public school  :laugh:) and I stumbled across the WTM book! I just about ran to the cashier, and read it cover to cover in 3 days. I had no idea how life changing this would be.

So, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

@Susan Thank you for making this forum available! My DD is a Distance Learner, but we had many of the same motivations that cause people to home school their children. During the 2 years that I have been on WTM I have learned so many things, in the Chat forum and in the Education forums. Almost daily, I tell my wife and/or DD about something I've read in a thread on WTM. Thanks again! Lanny