Menu

Tell me what I want to eat with my Boston Butt pork roast.

StaceyinLA

I put a Boston Butt in the crock pot around 10 this morning. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, garlic, and put purple onion slices on top. It's tender and nearly falling apart now, and I have no idea what to cook to go with it. I just need inspiration.

No starches/carbs.

Okay I have some great ideas for stuff that I'm gonna put on my grocery list, but I wound up doing (because I had no cabbage/slaw at the house):

mashed cauliflower & balsamic collard greens

I must say, the pork was just delicious. It came from the farmer's market and had an amazing flavor. The mashed cauliflower is always a hit and even my son said it tasted a lot like mashed potatoes. The balsamic collards are awesome - it's actually a crock pot recipe that I just do on the stove. I just left the bacon out and sautéed the onion in olive oil since I was already having my fair share of pork fat.

Okay I have some great ideas for stuff that I'm gonna put on my grocery list, but I wound up doing (because I had no cabbage/slaw at the house):

mashed cauliflower & balsamic collard greens

I must say, the pork was just delicious. It came from the farmer's market and had an amazing flavor. The mashed cauliflower is always a hit and even my son said it tasted a lot like mashed potatoes. The balsamic collards are awesome - it's actually a crock pot recipe that I just do on the stove. I just left the bacon out and sautéed the onion in olive oil since I was already having my fair share of pork fat.

Sounds delicious!

Speaking of BBQ I am making the same thing this week, but I found a sugar free BBQ sauce I plan to try.  I was so surprised to see it in the regular section in the grocery store.  It is the sauce reviewed here:

http://www.cutthewheat.com/2014/04/review-g-hughes-guys-sugar-free-gluten.html

I once tried that Walden Farms one...that one was lousy. 

I know this is a bit off topic, but Sparkly, could you come back and report after trying this? I am in need of a sugar-free BBQ sauce and would love to hear how this one tastes. Thanks!