Menu

what to get at Starbucks when I don't drink coffee, df just gave me a $25.00 gift car

I recently tried their frozen lemonade. Meh. Didn't do it for me. I also just tried their Vivanno chocolate banana energy drink with an espresso shot. My first impression was, again, meh. But it got, as my dc would say, gooder and gooder as I sipped until finally...yum! So I guess I'd recommend it--but only if you like banana flavor.

ETA: DUH! No coffee! :blush: Um, just skip the espresso shot.

Wait until the holidays and get a hot chocolate with a shot of peppermint or the pumpkin spice steamer, which also has no coffee in it. It's like a 'hot pumpkin'. Vanilla Steamers are good too. Their strawberry things....frappucino isn't the right word, but whatevber their called, are REALLY good!

My favorite non-coffee drink there is the Passion Iced Tea Lemonade - even my dh who hated SB fell in love with that one! I think it tastes kind of like a raspberry lemonade.

I don't drink coffee either but have two Starbucks favorites:

Summer: Vanilla bean cream frappucino. Kind of like a vanilla shake, but healthier. There's a chocolate chip one too that my dds like.

Winter: Vanilla steamer. Warm/hot whipped milk (can do nf) with vanilla syrup (can do sf) in it. Yum!

Wait until the holidays and get a hot chocolate with a shot of peppermint or the pumpkin spice steamer, which also has no coffee in it. It's like a 'hot pumpkin'. Vanilla Steamers are good too. Their strawberry things....frappucino isn't the right word, but whatevber their called, are REALLY good!

Peppermint hot chocolate is what I was going to say.

Wait until the winter and get their caramel apple cider *slurp* Sooo good! It's steamed cider with caramel drizzle mixed into it, and whipped cream on top (optional, of course).

This is my very favorite! In winter, the kids and I will stop in occasionally for a treat at Starbucks. I get this every time. And then we will get some yummy dessert like Lemon Loaf or the banana chocolate chip bread. Oh so good!

You......Don't ......Drink..........Coffee??!!!

How on earth do you homeschool??

My hat's off to you m'dear :tongue_smilie:

THAT was funny!!! I should admit I have a Starbucks next in my hand. I switch to half caff after 2pm, though. I have a Starbucks we can walk to from our home. Life is good!

I order coffee...grande bold with a small scoop of ice. I order my kids a "tall blended strawberry frappuccino split in 2 cups". It's like a special milk shake treat for them. Or the blended lemonade. Or, ice water. It's free.

I can't wait for the spiced apple cider in the fall. And the hot chocolate is a solid favorite...add a small scoop of ice if you want to drink it within an hour. They will do kids hot chocolate at a lower temp if you ask.

That's probably more than you wanted to know, but maybe you will find something in there you like. We always do!

Emily

Chai tea lattes :)

Their shaken iced tea is good too..available in black, green and something else I think..I've had black and green.

I thought their frozen lemonade was pretty good.

Love their cinnamon rolls, blueberry scones, coffee cake and their chocolate pastry is good too. (can you tell I have a sweet tooth?)

And yeah, there's hot cocoa too.

annnnd...nifty mugs! :D

I am not a coffee drinker either, but my dh definitely is. He used to drink Starbucks coffee for years and then switched to Thomas Hammer. Although my dh made the switch I had a hard time finding something I liked there until recently (even though I'm not the coffee drinker). :lol: Here is what I would recommend at Starbucks...

- Grande Soy 2 pump Hot Chocolate (that means 1/2 the chocolate) with or without whip cream

- Toffee Almond Bar

- Pumpkin Loaf

If in the future your dh gives you a Thomas Hammer card...

- 16 oz. White Coffee Mocha - basically a hot chocolate w/caffeine but w/o so much of the coffee taste. (You could even add a bit of flavor to it like a Snickers White Coffee.)

- Pumpkin Loaf

:001_smile: Melissa

I love, love, love their Hazelnut Hot Chocolate. I call it "chocolate crack". My ds gave my his once and I told him I wouldn't like it. He made me drink it. Okay, he pressured me to drink it. I couldn't believe how good it was. I also like the peanut butter cookies they have at Barnes and Nobles. If I were you, I would go on a date night to Barnes and Nobles - browse magazines over a drink and dessert!

Chai (steamed, iced, or blended), hot tea, iced tea, iced tea with lemonade, frappucinos, hot chocolate, steamed milk, hot apple cider. I don't drink coffee either, but I can always find a drink I like at starbucks.

I love cranberry orange muffins. The other baked goods, not so much.

Cute coffee mugs, especially the travel mugs. They also sell random CDs. Tazo tea bags.

I agree that it would be a great treat to go with your dc for breakfast or a snack, but be warned their drinks and baked goods are heavy with sugar.