Menu

Call the Midwife!

happypamama

Thank you, Hive, for introducing me to this! I'm partway through the second book and just started the second season, and I can't decide if I like the show or the book better! What a delightful bit of fun! I've laughed and cried and cooed and cheered for the home breech birth and the kangarooed preemie. I can't wait until my DD is old enough -- she will adore it.

Also, Noakes is going on my list of Great TV Husbands, along with Ben Wyatt and Jim Halpert. I love how supportive he is of Chummy.

I love both the books and show too! Catching up on it together is one of the things I love to do with my mom when I get to see her. I'm going to get Season 3 when it comes out on the 20th and take it with me when I visit her in June.

I love it too! In fact it was the last nudge I needed to enroll in school, on my long road to hopefully being a midwife one day! 

I need to get the books, maybe I'll treat myself for Mother's Day, since my husband will be at work all day :tongue_smilie:

I love the show! When I first discovered it a few months ago, I watched episodes non-stop for several days until I was through all of them...

DH and I did this also and finished a few weeks before the new season started in America. I was going to watch it online, but DH wanted to wait to watch them as they come out on PBS. I did cheat and read what happens though.

And the books are certainly worth reading also. My library had all three.