Menu

Who had a Huffy bike while growing up? What was the style name? I had a Cactus Flower.

unsinkable

I inherited an orange one with a banana seat from my brother. Of course, back then, girls weren't required to be all pink.

My brother also had a Green Machine.  Remember those? They were kind of like a recumbent bike. And a way cool Big Wheel that I inherited and loved.  I remember pulling the handbrake to try and spin.

I had a Schwinn. My dad worked for Schwinn for close to 20 years. We never, ever had Huffys.   :lol:  Mine was purple with white stars, streamer handles, and had a white banana seat with silver stars.  I had a basket too, but I don't recall the design.

I had a Schwinn. My dad worked for Schwinn for close to 20 years. We never, ever had Huffys. :lol: Mine was purple with white stars, streamer handles, and had a white banana seat with silver stars. I had a basket too, but I don't recall the design.

That's really cool!

I just found the huffy museum page and found the one i used to have - Sweet Thunder. 

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/huffy/73049

I loved that bike!

All the huffy bikes through the years: http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/huffy/?pg=1

I had one of the red mono-shocks. Crazy. 

I had one with a plastic "gas tank", but it wasn't the Wild Fire...I don't see it. I think there's a photo of it somewhere...the mono-shock, too. (I had a lot of bikes over the years...)