Menu

What personality type are you?

caitlinsmom

I have taken this test a few times over the years and always got INFP/J and I just retook it again now and got the following:

INFP
Introvert(100%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Feeling(12%)  Perceiving(11%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

I have always been 100% I, and I sometimes get less P or even but the other two used to be much stronger preferences. They have moved towards the middle as I have aged which I have read is fairly normal. That makes me wonder if your preferences were low to begin with and moved towards the middle over time would you have a total personality change (change of type ?). Also, if your preferences were right on the line for all four preferences what kind of personality would you have? Would it be a perfectly balanced personality or no personality at all? I think that maybe I think about things too much sometimes.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The theory goes that your type doesn't change but behavior does due to meeting needs and expectations, stress, coping strategies, etc. I've read that you really need to think back to your early 20s or before (because we tend to get better at bending to our circumstances rather than our preferences as we age and adapt) and you also need to consider what you do when you are healthy/balanced/unstressed/etc. The free online tests don't take into account our human complexities. They're kinda fun but I can see how they could also give some people a very poor impression of the accuracy or usefulness of MBTI.

Apparently I'm an ENFP. I'm gonna forget what that means tomorrow, probably because I'm an ENFP. Only the E part was a strong, distinct preference at 67%. Everything else was less pronounced; N(12%), F(25%), and P(11%).

Some questions were difficult to answer. I have no trouble enjoying quiet time alone, but it's such a rarity in my life that I savor it. I'd go mad with a week of solitude, but a 2-3 day weekend would be awesome. Also, while I have very strong feelings, I also have a lot of self-control so my actions don't always betray what I'm thinking.

I took the test FOR DH :-). He's INTJ. Everything is strong except the J is only 1%. THIS must be why HE'S impossible sometimes.

Apparently I'm an ENFP. I'm gonna forget what that means tomorrow, probably because I'm an ENFP. Only the E part was a strong, distinct preference at 67%. Everything else was less pronounced; N(12%), F(25%), and P(11%).

Some questions were difficult to answer. I have no trouble enjoying quiet time alone, but it's such a rarity in my life that I savor it. I'd go mad with a week of solitude, but a 2-3 day weekend would be awesome. Also, while I have very strong feelings, I also have a lot of self-control so my actions don't always betray what I'm thinking.

I took the test FOR DH :-). He's INTJ. Everything is strong except the J is only 1%. THIS must be why HE'S impossible sometimes.

Reading here http://personalityjunkie.com/enfp/ it says: "One of the more important features of Fi is its direction. Namely, because it is introverted, outsiders may not have easy access to ENFPs’ emotions, with the exception of their general spiritedness and enthusiasm."

Does that sound like you?

Reading here http://personalityjunkie.com/enfp/ it says: "One of the more important features of Fi is its direction. Namely, because it is introverted, outsiders may not have easy access to ENFPs’ emotions, with the exception of their general spiritedness and enthusiasm."

Does that sound like you?

It does sound a lot like me, except I have zero sleep issues. I'm a champ in that compartment :-) The ADHD symptoms are interesting. I could check off a list of ADHD symptoms that 'fit' but I don't think I could be correctly diagnosed. Though I might not enjoy making myself focus on unfun things, I've never had trouble doing so, or focusing on things for long stretches when necessary even IF it's something I don't enjoy.

This does explain why I find so many people inflexible :-)