Menu

What personality type are you?

caitlinsmom

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INFJ

Introvert(33%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Feeling(38%)  Judging(56%)

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

My problem with these tests is that the questions require interpretation in order to answer. Also, even the official MBTI test is only 70% successful in accurately identify type ...

.. I've been reading on mBtI lately and taking test after test and I still can't get a consistent result or come to a firm conclusion.

:(

This time I've gone to the length of asking my 8yo for input. I asked him if I frequently and easily express my emotions. He unhesitatingly responded, "Yes." See, I have been thinking of that question in the context of adult relationships (very few of which are very close) and in that context I would say no, I don't frequently and easily share my emotions. Which is the correct answer?

My problem with these tests is that the questions require interpretation in order to answer. Also, even the official MBTI test is only 70% successful in accurately identify type ...

.. I've been reading on mBtI lately and taking test after test and I still can't get a consistent result or come to a firm conclusion.

This time I've gone to the length of asking my 8yo for input. I asked him if I frequently and easily express my emotions. He unhesitatingly responded, "Yes." See, I have been thinking of that question in the context of adult relationships (very few of which are very close) and in that context I would say no, I don't frequently and easily share my emotions. Which is the correct answer?

The answer is that you are I (something) T (something) for starters. :lol:

As a rule, current preoccupations worry

you more than your future plans

What if I fuss over and consume myself in present concerns without giving any thought to future events because if I do think about specific future events I get intense anxiety over them, even though I know I won't be so anxious over them when they arrive, although I will worry and fuss over them in the general style as I do with everything? Should I answer yes or no?

You are consistent in your habits

I just had a really unhelpful discussion with DH over this and the fact that it required a yes/no response. DH is an ENTP, from what we can tell (although he has also been typed as an ESTP).

Anyway, what if you are consistently inconsistent?

You are always looking for opportunities

Opportunities for what? Social advancement? No. Retreat? Yes. To speak? No. To learn something? Yes.

Can someone help me understand this question please?

I am a firm ENTJ. This description cracked me up. ENTJ: The Evil Overlord

"The ENTJ is best characterized by his charisma, his ability to grasp complex situations... and his overwhelming desire to crush the world beneath his boot..."

This might be true...

Another ENTJ here.  I have to admit, I was a little dismayed at how unfavorably we Evil Overlords are portrayed...I need to make a plan to control this situation, and I will have assignments for each of you.  What, you don't all care about changing the world's bias against ENTJs?  Well, you're wrong.

This makes me want to force encourage my husband to take this test.  I'd like to find out how we're still married.

ISFP
Introvert(78%)  Sensing(38%)  Feeling(25%)  Perceiving(67%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Perceiving over Judging (67%)

I took one of these a few years ago and was an INT JorP (can't remember which of the last), so this in interesting.

It's interesting that some of you have changed types.  I wonder why or how that happens.  My personality has changed over the years as have my goals/thoughts and yet my results never have.  I've been INTJ since the first time I took the test over 10 years ago.  In fact I've tried to skew my results just to see what I could be and somehow I still come up INTJ (just with different percentages in each category). 

Consistency is good right? :)

See, when I get my answer and read the synopsis of that type and it nails me, and I read the synopsis aloud to DH and he snorts in agreement... Well let's just say that you know it when you nail it. LOL

It's interesting that some of you have changed types. I wonder why or how that happens. My personality has changed over the years as have my goals/thoughts and yet my results never have. I've been INTJ since the first time I took the test over 10 years ago. In fact I've tried to skew my results just to see what I could be and somehow I still come up INTJ (just with different percentages in each category).

Consistency is good right? :)

I first took the full test in college, 22 years ago (whaaaaaaattttt??!?!) and was an ENTP. I remember reading the synopsis and it being dead on. (My best friend was the one who snorted in agreement then. :lol: ) I did not take it again until I was a SAHM and I was firmly an INTJ. Dead on again. I was on the line J/P but definitely went from E to I based on a change (for the better) in family dynamics. I have read that the developers say you can't change, but they are wrong.

See, when I get my answer and read the synopsis of that type and it nails me, and I read the synopsis aloud to DH and he snorts in agreement... Well let's just say that you know it when you nail it. LOL

For me that happens for parts of INTP and parts of INFP .. on that test that gives percentages, my T or F score, whichever it is, is always low.

It's interesting that some of you have changed types. I wonder why or how that happens. My personality has changed over the years as have my goals/thoughts and yet my results never have.

My teen/young adult personality very much matches my consistent results: INFP. I get this result whenever I take the test answering as my usual self and with my most typical or preferred actions and choices.

But if I made my answers context-specific, it's very clear that in some roles in my life, I probably function as an INTJ. It's not natural, though. It's based on how I've learned to develop skills and reactions that help me function better in those roles. Each category should really be viewed more as a continuum that we have the ability to slide up and down, rather than a box.

Cat

ESFP

Apparently the only so far in this thread!

And this description is pretty dead on, except I have learned to reign in my rambling and babbling as I've gotten older. I only do it now when I'm nervous.

"Where's the party?" ESFPs love people, excitement, telling stories and having fun. The spontaneous, impulsive nature of this type is almost always entertaining. And ESFPs love to entertain -- on stage, at work, and/or at home. Social gatherings are an energy boost to these "people" people.

SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that's almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It's really quite fascinating.

New! ESFPs are attracted to new ideas, new fashions, new gadgets, new ______. Perhaps it's the newness of life that attracts ESFPs to elementary education, especially to preschool and kindergarten.

ESFPs love to talk to people about people. Some of the most colorful storytellers are ESFPs. Their down-to-earth, often homespun wit reflects a mischievous benevolence.

Almost every ESFP loves to talk. Some can be identified by the twenty minute conversation required to ask or answer a simple factual question.

You might also want to look at the info on http://personalityjunkie.com, as it goes into more depth.

This is a great site! It has had the most helpful info (in one convenient place) so far. The explanations of growth phases and the inferior function have been particularly useful.

I am still not entirely certain if I'm an INTP or INFP but, thanks to that site, I do have greater clarity as to why I'm having trouble figuring it out. :D

These tests never work for me.  I'm strongly introverted but I'm always right on the edge of the other three. Being an expat has also messed with my personality.

That's interesting.  I think being an expat made me more myself, more defined in my personality.  However, it also forced me to deal with my weaknesses by giving me lots of practice: introvert me had to continually deal with new people; judging me had to develop flexibility with other cultures.

L

Another INTJ. I took the test a few years back and it nailed me. The most helpful thing I have learned is that an INTJ rarely comes even close to being able to express the depth or intensity of his or her emotions. It has made me make a much more conscious effort to say what I feel.

That's IT. I am an INTP and that is why I don't feel like I fit in here - coz of all you INTJs!! While looking through that site I found this comment:

In my experience, this is a predictable difference between INTPs and INTJs, with INTJs displaying a much higher respect and concern for formal scientific methods and findings. INTPs are more apt to distrust formal Te studies, quick to point out the biases and assumptions that underlie even the most careful scientific work.

Ok, there was more than that leaning me towards an INTP verdict (over INFP) but that that just explained the (WTMforum) universe for me. :lol:

Interesting links on the related P/J difference:

http://personalityjunkie.com/08/intj-vs-intp-type-differences/

http://personalityjunkie.com/04/introverted-thinking-ti-intp-vs-intj-extraverted-thinking/

ISTJ here, every time I test. However, I always relate better to INTJ's than other ISTJ's. I have been slightly obsessed with different testing tools and I do think they are flawed. The different nuances of individuality are just too many. The type caricatures drive me crazy. I could fit myself into a few of the introverted ones with no problems. The ones for ISTJ's are so cold and passionless and I rarely see myself in them. I suspect people who are not ISTJ's made them because that is what they think they see.

Dh-  ESFJ borderline S/N and J/P

DD- Typical ENFP (fun loving, artistic)

DS 1- Typical ISTJ (Accountant)

DS2- Quirky ISFP

DS 3- ENFJ (tested INFP as a 5year old)

DS 4- I suspect INTP (our absentminded professor)

I'm INFJ.

Me too.

Dh is an INTJ

INFJ

I[/size]ntrovert(33%)  [/size]i[/size]N[/size]tuitive(12%)  [/size]F[/size]eeling(38%)  [/size]J[/size]udging(56%)[/size]

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

I'm an INFJ, married to an INTJ.

I'm definitely INFJ, married to an ENTP...makes life interesting!

We have an INTP son and an ENFJ daughter, also quite different.

INFJ

I'm an INFJ.  I made dh take it a couple months ago, and I think he was INTJ.

Another INFJ here. The I is my strongest characteristic, which always surprises people

ESFP

Apparently the only so far in this thread!

And this description is pretty dead on, except I have learned to reign in my rambling and babbling as I've gotten older. I only do it now when I'm nervous.

"Where's the party?" ESFPs love people, excitement, telling stories and having fun. The spontaneous, impulsive nature of this type is almost always entertaining. And ESFPs love to entertain -- on stage, at work, and/or at home. Social gatherings are an energy boost to these "people" people.

SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that's almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It's really quite fascinating.

New! ESFPs are attracted to new ideas, new fashions, new gadgets, new ______. Perhaps it's the newness of life that attracts ESFPs to elementary education, especially to preschool and kindergarten.

ESFPs love to talk to people about people. Some of the most colorful storytellers are ESFPs. Their down-to-earth, often homespun wit reflects a mischievous benevolence.

Almost every ESFP loves to talk. Some can be identified by the twenty minute conversation required to ask or answer a simple factual question.

DH is an ESFP to my INTJ. Don't know how we are still married. Opposites attract?

ESFP's can get through life without ADD diagnoses?

Well, it may be possible, but he didn't... :glare:

ISFJ 

Some of those questions were hard as I would have rather replied "sometimes".  Not surprising I'm 78% scale for introvert but much lower (22-35%) for everything else.

It's the same result I got about 10yrs ago when I last took the test.  My introvertism (is that a word??) has lessened since I was younger.  When dh and were engaged we took the test. I was off the scale introvert and he was off the scale extrovert.  They warned us it would be an issue - and they were right.  I think having 6 kids helped me come out of my tortoise shell.