Menu

What personality type are you?

caitlinsmom

It's been a rough week and I need a little fluff.  So tell me, based on Myers-Briggs personality test, what personality type are you?  (here is the test http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp )

I am an INTJ, the most rare for a woman.  It makes me a horrible parent most of the time but completely effective with any other task you give me (or rather I take over  because I perceive your inadequacies lol). :)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INTJ too. You'll find that more of use are on the Internet than in most social places.

As for parenting, I read a book that did the types and how they parent, and it said INTJs rock at fostering independence in children, and at dispassionately doing the things that make the most sense and yield the most benefit for the kids. As long as I remember to be playful and to say warm things (which I have to do as a conscious thing) I think I rock as a parent.

You've just got to rock your own strengths sister!

Add me to the INTJ list. There was a poll here awhile back, and the percentage of INTJs was very high. I knew there was a reason I liked it here so much. ;-)

I'm also married to an INTJ. It's a fun house, lol.

I'm married to an ISFJ.  My brain wants to explode from all the feelings going on some times. :)  It's a fun house for different reasons. lol

Add me to the INTJ list. There was a poll here awhile back, and the percentage of INTJs was very high. I knew there was a reason I liked it here so much. ;-)

I'm also married to an INTJ. It's a fun house, lol.

Me too - although my I and E can switch depending on the test. I'm kind of a middle of the roader with introversion/extraversion.

INTJ too. You'll find that more of use are on the Internet than in most social places.

As for parenting, I read a book that did the types and how they parent, and it said INTJs rock at fostering independence in children, and at dispassionately doing the things that make the most sense and yield the most benefit for the kids. As long as I remember to be playful and to say warm things (which I have to do as a conscious thing) I think I rock as a parent.

You've just got to rock your own strengths sister!

Another INTJ here.

This is SO hard and SO important for me to remember! (And hopefully one day the kiddos will appreciate my strengths and forgive my weaknesses as a mom!)

Another INTJ here.

This is SO hard and SO important for me to remember! (And hopefully one day the kiddos will appreciate my strengths and forgive my weaknesses as a mom!)

Me too.  I usually only remember when my oldest (an ENFJ) yells at me that I am no fun.  Inside I'm thinking "What?  I'm no fun?  Are you kidding, did you see that awesomely organized bookshelf we just did  in under 30 min!"  Then I realize that my fun is probably not all that awesome for an 11 year old. :)

I have learned to jump, dance and booty shake for the sake of fun.  I feel ridiculous every second but the kids love it.

Regarding play and warmth for INTJs -- it helped me when I learned how easy it is to manipulate children's levels of oxytocin... 20 second hug, oxytocin release, much more peaceable children who want to please me... You'd be stupid to ignore a tool like that. I'm not stupid.

Regarding play and warmth for INTJs -- it helped me when I learned how easy it is to manipulate children's levels of oxytocin... 20 second hug, oxytocin release, much more peaceable children who want to please me... You'd be stupid to ignore a tool like that. I'm not stupid.

Brilliant! 

Me too.  I usually only remember when my oldest (an ENFJ) yells at me that I am no fun.  Inside I'm thinking "What?  I'm no fun?  Are you kidding, did you see that awesomely organized bookshelf we just did  in under 30 min!"  Then I realize that my fun is probably not all that awesome for an 11 year old. :)

I have learned to jump, dance and booty shake for the sake of fun.  I feel ridiculous every second but the kids love it.

FWIW, I TOTALLY dig your awesomely organized bookshelf!

Annnddd.... I was going to bed, but now I have a hankering to go organize something...

(DH just said, "OMG... you mean there are MORE of you???")

I used to be INTJ but now I'm too tired for thinking and am INFJ.

Not sure why the Myers Briggs is everyone's favourite personality classification system though.

Which system do you like?

I like MB because it seems more precise than a lot of the quadrant systems.

Another INTJ. My husband laughs at me when I say things like, "I have to figure out if we'll have the kids take math at (local community college) or (local university)." My kids are all 7 and under. But I need to figure it out.

Here!

And I genuinely do think organizing a bookcase is great fun. As long as somebody doesn't try to make me do it by color. *shudder*

For when I do have to organize by colour, I have an official household rainbow... But not books.

IST/FJ. I'm always equal or near equal (1% this time) between T and F on those tests. I do fit characteristics of both ISTJ and ISFJ.

I'm married to an INFJ. I have a son who I'm certain is an INFP. The "dreamy" or "theoretical" part of NF's is just so foreign to me. Both hubby and son spend a lot of time thinking about things other than my "here and now" view. I always feel like I'm crushing my idealistic little dreamer's (son's) heart with intrusions of realism.

These tests never work for me.  I'm strongly introverted but I'm always right on the edge of the other three. Being an expat has also messed with my personality.

Woo hoo! I've never heard of anyone breaking the test before! That's exciting!

INTJ also. DH is INTP.

I think not only are INTJs and similar likely to hang out on educational internet forums, but they might be more likely to take personality classification tests. ;)

I think so too.  I've been classification test obsessed since I was 10 and NEEDED to know what style jeans fit my body type (like I had a type at 10), what colors fit my eyes, and what book character I was most like.  All the tests were found in Teen Magazine so hardly a reputable source but still I had to know. :)

I am a firm ENTJ. This description cracked me up. ENTJ: The Evil Overlord

"The ENTJ is best characterized by his charisma, his ability to grasp complex situations... and his overwhelming desire to crush the world beneath his boot..."

This might be true...