Menu

What personality type are you?

caitlinsmom

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ENFJ. This is the first time I've taken this test and I think I do fit the descriptions for the most part. I am definitely extroverted, maybe too much!

Me, too. Thought i was the only one. the description fits me perfectly, especially the part about being people focused. I tend to live my life around other people, and that's because it makes me happy to do that. When people ask me what do you want, what do you like? I think, whatever you want. Not because I can't make a decision, but because i'm happy when you're happy :)

That's interesting.  I think being an expat made me more myself, more defined in my personality.  However, it also forced me to deal with my weaknesses by giving me lots of practice: introvert me had to continually deal with new people; judging me had to develop flexibility with other cultures.

L

I do identify with a lot of the description of an INTJ, but whenever I do the tests I get other personalities (often even ISFP) because the way I do things depends very much on the situation.  Being an expat has given me a whole new range of situations to be flexible about. :)

I scored INTJ on that test. However I was only 1% J, and I relate to P somewhat better, I am responsible, but not organized. I think the INTP description fits me a better in some places.

I guess I am an INT, or maybe just NT, or maybe just T. T is the only thing I hit w/ 100% consistency on these things.

In a college class I took the whole battery and scored ESTP. That is so NOT me. They grouped us by type in the class and it was obvious to everyone that I didn't fit in. I don't know how I got an S, just doesn't describe me at all.

I assumed that I was an ENTP, but that didn't fit either. The problem is I am a verbal introvert. So if a test focuses the E/I on need for alone time or comfort with social interaction I score I every time. If the test focuses on how much you talk or are willing to talk I score an E.

"Where's the party?" ESFPs love people, excitement, telling stories and having fun. The spontaneous, impulsive nature of this type is almost always entertaining. And ESFPs love to entertain -- on stage, at work, and/or at home. Social gatherings are an energy boost to these "people" people.

SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that's almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It's really quite fascinating.

New! ESFPs are attracted to new ideas, new fashions, new gadgets, new ______. Perhaps it's the newness of life that attracts ESFPs to elementary education, especially to preschool and kindergarten.

ESFPs love to talk to people about people. Some of the most colorful storytellers are ESFPs. Their down-to-earth, often homespun wit reflects a mischievous benevolence.

Almost every ESFP loves to talk. Some can be identified by the twenty minute conversation required to ask or answer a simple factual question.

My (likely) ESFP BIL was visiting us one time and gave himself a concussion. For the next 18 hours or so we heard, "Tell me how I got hurt again. I was having fun, right?"

I took the full MBTI in college with a trained administrator as part of a leadership seminar. I got INFP on that test, which is by far the most thorough Myers-Briggs test I've ever taken. One thing I remember her saying is that your answers on the test should reflect your preferences when you're at home or going about your everyday life, not how you have to be for work, school, or other commitments. Scheduling, keeping track of deadlines, and staying organized are all functions of my job. When I'm at home or on vacation, though, I prefer to go with the flow and make only loose, flexible plans—not be dictated by a strict schedule like I am at work. 

I am INTJ married to an ENTJ. Everyone wants to be in charge.

Comments about the kids from the kids. 

"What do you expect from Spock?"

"Wow. Cold heart there."

From my two extroverts..."you know, some people just like to go to parties."

"Not everything can be decided by logic." Reply  "Name something."

INTP on this test though only 1percent for thinking. I often test as an Infp and more strongly identify with the infp type. It makes sense that most introvert intuitives like Internet forums as it gives us a place to talk about ideas without actually being with people.

In general, if you are on the borderline between the pairs, here's some logic to help you find you natural "preference" type (as discribed above)...

I/E borderline:

If you are isolated by your situation, the isolation is probably skewing your natural E towards a situational I.

If you are required to be outgoing in your situation (a social job), that probably is skewing a natural I towards a situational E.

P/J borderline:

You are probably a P, because life requires all of us to act like J's to be successful. Ask yourself the vacation question.

F/T borderline:

If female, you are probably a T: gender socialization has probably produced plenty of situational F qualities.

If you are male, the reverse may apply, a natural F, socialized towards logic.

If your situation requires heavy logic and dispassion, you might be a natural F expressing a situational T.

F&T, plus S&N confusion:

All people use all of these capacities. The test determines how well and ofyen tou maturally use each one (one from each pairing). So, it tells you your primary and secondary. You also use your "third" and "fourth" capacities -- just not as often or as well... But this changes. By age 35, your "third" capacity will be functionally as easy for you as your primary and secondary. This yields a borderline result either in the F/T pair or the S/N pair.

You can sort this by finding which of your middle two letters are primary or secondary for your type, which will reveal which one is your "third" skill.

Your "third" is the pair of your secondary. Your "fourth" is the pair of your primary. By about age 45 most people can use all 4 with ease, leading to completey ambiguous results on these pairings. (Up to that point your "fourth" functions as your crisis-idiot responding strategy.)

To sort this issue ask "what is actually easiest?" Or "what was I like first?" Or "how do my thought patterns actually run, regardless if what I eventually decide?"

Another INTJ who enjoys organizing her bookcases. I take great pleasure in just sitting on my couch looking at my organized bookcase.

Me too.  Last night I organized all the movies by preference and sat back with a smug look on my face.  The satisfaction I got from that was pathetically awesome. :)

ESFP

Apparently the only so far in this thread!

And this description is pretty dead on, except I have learned to reign in my rambling and babbling as I've gotten older. I only do it now when I'm nervous.

"Where's the party?" ESFPs love people, excitement, telling stories and having fun. The spontaneous, impulsive nature of this type is almost always entertaining. And ESFPs love to entertain -- on stage, at work, and/or at home. Social gatherings are an energy boost to these "people" people.

SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that's almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It's really quite fascinating.

New! ESFPs are attracted to new ideas, new fashions, new gadgets, new ______. Perhaps it's the newness of life that attracts ESFPs to elementary education, especially to preschool and kindergarten.

ESFPs love to talk to people about people. Some of the most colorful storytellers are ESFPs. Their down-to-earth, often homespun wit reflects a mischievous benevolence.

Almost every ESFP loves to talk. Some can be identified by the twenty minute conversation required to ask or answer a simple factual question.

This is 2 of my girls.  I spend a lot of time scratching my head and thinking "Where in the world did they come from!".  However they are 2 of my favorite people when I am feeling stressed out (as long as they don't touch me).

Another INTJ. I took the test a few years back and it nailed me. The most helpful thing I have learned is that an INTJ rarely comes even close to being able to express the depth or intensity of his or her emotions. It has made me make a much more conscious effort to say what I feel.

This is so true!  My family often refers to me as cold or unfeeling because I do not have the ability to adequately express my emotions so I say nothing.  However sometimes the intensity becomes so overwhelming that I feel like I could burst.  Its a feeling that wells up inside and renders me speechless at times. But if asked about it I will say "Oh, I'm just happy."  which doesn't even tap the surface. :)

I am also an INTJ, although my J/P are borderline. I think it is funny that so many of us here are INTJs. That makes me feel less alone. In real life, I often feel like a bit of a weirdo among women. :001_unsure:

Elaine

I always like a weirdo.  I'm am surrounded my extroverted feelers and I just don't know what do to about it. :)

"Not everything can be decided by logic." Reply  "Name something."

My husband and I have had this same conversation.  I win the battle/debate every time.  I hope that never changes or he will be insufferable. :D

ESFP's can get through life without ADD diagnoses?

This made me LOL! 

I'm actually very laid back and easy going most of the time, but when I get around groups of people and begin feeding off their energy (like a true extrovert), then I become much more like the description.

ETA: Like most of you other types, though, I LOVE some good organization time. It thrills me just as much as it does you guys. I don't keep it that way but I do love the initial planning and doing that comes from organization. Of course, the more people helping me do it, the better I like it!

DH is an ESFP to my INTJ. Don't know how we are still married. Opposites attract?

My dh and I are opposites as well. I don't know exactly his personality type, but I do know that he is much more introverted and able to separate feeling from decision-making than I am. He has told me on numerous occasions that one of the things he found attractive in me was how comfortable I was in a crowd and that I was fun. I admire his ability to stay on the sidelines in a crowd and notice more of what actually goes on. We can go to a party together and come away with totally different experiences. I'm having a blast being loud, laughing, sharing stories, etc. while he's usually over in a corner somewhere talking theology with someone the entire time or he brings a book to read (Seriously!?! At a party?). 

This is 2 of my girls.  I spend a lot of time scratching my head and thinking "Where in the world did they come from!".  However they are 2 of my favorite people when I am feeling stressed out (as long as they don't touch me).

Dh says he keeps me around because I can make him laugh no matter how much of a bad place he's in. One part of my personality is that I feel it is my personal mission in life to try and make sure everyone is having a good time. It's very hard for me to see someone really upset or depressed. It makes me anxious.

Another INTJ. I took the test a few years back and it nailed me. The most helpful thing I have learned is that an INTJ rarely comes even close to being able to express the depth or intensity of his or her emotions. It has made me make a much more conscious effort to say what I feel.

Formula for making this INTJ express the depth of her emotions...

Question my competence without offering a solution of your own. Bonus points if I've taken leadership of something outside of my expertise because no one else will, and you are still criticizing without offering a solution.

Box me into a corner for no good reason with policies designed to stifle all discussion (vs. treating people like individuals).

Bonus points for all of the above if you are an authority figure or my boss.

Clearly I've known some trying people in my life, lol! A supervisor with a borderline personality disorder really cut me loose from the last of my inhibitions in this regard. :-) I don't usually go off on the person that is instigating these things--I usually save my ire to vent to a safe person who will listen nicely.

ISTJ(The Duty Fulfiller or Inspector) here. I have taken these test multiple times and am always ISTJ. My dh is INFP.

It looks like I am in good company though:

Some famous ISTJs:
George Washington, former U.S. president
Andrew Johnson, former U.S. president
Benjamin Harrison, former U.S. president
Herbert Hoover, former U.S. president
George H.W. Bush, former U.S. president
Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany
Natalie Portman, actress
“Hermione Granger†from Harry Potter series
“Adrian Monk†from Monk
“Dana Scully†from X-Files

:lol:

INFJ married to an ISTJ.

My "STP" is strongly developed, though.  With the exception of E/I, I am borderline on all the others.  Without fail, I always come up as an INFJ, which does describe my core thought process very well. 

The thought of being an extrovert makes me want to faint, so I don't even want to try and develop that personality trait.  :svengo:   :laugh:

"The INTJ personality type is one of the rarest and most interesting types. Comprising only about 2 percent of the U.S. population"

I find this fascinating since there are so many INTJs here. I'm wondering if Classical home education attracts more of this personality type or just home education in general. Or is it just this crazy board. :lol:  Inquiring minds want to know. This is my ISTJ speaking. We need a scientific study.

I feeling all lonely out here in ENTP-land.  I've had the full MB profile done (about 10 years ago) and it came out the same.

I credit this whole ENTP-thing wiht why I have been successful working from home the last 12 years.  Lots of time to think and problem solve for my job while we homeschool, but no hesitation reaching out to communicate with other people.  Most of the other people I work with are remote-workers too and we are all pretty much ENTP or ENTJ, I would guess.

I'M AN EXTROVERT!!! Yes, I'm jumping up and down and waving my hands wildly in my mind! DO YOU SEE ME???

ESTJ

I think I tested differently today than I have in the past. I think I'm growing into the take-charge boldness that the internet says I have. I'm trying to reduce the aggressive always-right mentality that apparently I possess, as well.  :laugh:

There is no such thing as being too extroverted!  HAHA!  :laugh:

I am an ENFJ as well.

I have been a teacher and a counselor in the PS system.  

ENFJs love new challenges and the thrill they get from helping other people. Consequently, many ENFJs are found in “altruistic†careers, e.g., social or religious work, teaching, or counseling. However, it should also be noted that ENFJs need constant approval from other people in order to feel satisfied and happy. If this is not forthcoming, the ENFJ may burn out very quickly and move to another career path or project.

ENFJ. This is the first time I've taken this test and I think I do fit the descriptions for the most part. I am definitely extroverted, maybe too much!