Menu

COSMOS!

Jen in NY

Do you know if it will be offered online anywhere (we don't have tv service at all)?

I remember watching Cosmos w my parents when I was younger dd's age :)

Word is it will be on Hulu (hope so, I wasn't going to keep the kids up to watch it) and it will probably be on Fox's website.

I opened this thread because I thought we were having drinks.

LOL!!! {Except I don't drink unless it is Sprite and cherry juice.}

LOVED that show as a child! Are they the old ones or new versions. Obviously, science has changed just a bit in 30 years.

Loved it!  I loved how he was able to take big concepts - like billions of years - and put them into context we can wrap our heads around.  And I was touched by his very personal homage to Dr. Carl Sagan. 

Yes, that personal homage brought a tear to my eye.  One of my dear friends is a scientist who invites students young and old into his lab and home.  If everyone could be half as generous...

For those who asked, this is a complete re-make of the old show, with Neil deGrasse Tyson hosting.  

it IS already available on free hulu

I kept my boys up to watch it (we dont have anything to record it) and while they liked it, it was really too late for us.  I am considering watching it with them over the summer, even if I have to buy it.  Its lovely - a bit heavy on effects and drama and light on science, but its the BIG picture (at least the first episode) and its aiming to educate the masses.  

I thought there were like 8 episodes total? or 12 or something?

eta: there are 13 episodes

Loved it!  I loved how he was able to take big concepts - like billions of years - and put them into context we can wrap our heads around.  And I was touched by his very personal homage to Dr. Carl Sagan. 

Agreed!  It gave me chills.  In a good way.   :lol:

I loved watching the original Cosmos when it aired in my childhood. 

I opened this thread because I thought we were having drinks.

Either way, just remember that the Hydrogen atoms in your vodka were born inside a star several billion years ago.

I especially liked NDGT's intro, laying out what is science.

When the boxed set comes out, this is definitely going into our library.