Drop a bunch of stuff off at Goodwill

Bake a batch of "hot pockets" for next week's lunches

Fold the clothes I washed on Friday

Clean Master Bath

Work on cleaning Master Bed

Go to the movies with James Bond (YAY!)

Get DS13 up/fed/delivered for boy scout troop backpack trip

Warm up after standing in freezing rain while scouts double-check gear

Get DS10, DH, and self fed and geared up for cub scout pack hike in freezing rain

Warm up after hike

Correct all schoolwork for week. Hope most got done.

Revise school schedules because I know much didn't get done while they played in rare snow

Create plans for new astronomy study for science

Look on boards to see if someone else came up with plans suitable for middle school

Print out and organize materials for mapwork/timeline, since we have done almost none for 2 months

Watch episodes of Downton Abbey, Season 2

Read Bloodletter's Daughter (good book, so far)

Notice there is just no room on the list for cleaning/cooking. Darn.

ETA: skipped all the school part, went straight to DA.

We're in a warming period for a few days :) Dh and I are going to prune the trees (a redbud that cracked during a windstorm last year and a dogwood) either today or tomorrow.

Also

--dd ballet 11-2

--errands: library and grocery store

--exercise: Pilates arms and abs

--emails

--finish reading a nonfiction book

--update Goodreads

--start outlining a broad high school plan so that dd and I can begin discussing choices for next year

--early dinner (calzones) because the girls are going to a play at dd18's old high school

--plan meals for the first part of February

Have a good day, all!

*groans*

I should be here more often. Accountability might help.

I suppose 'nap' shouldn't be on the list, right? :P

Ok. At the very least, today I need to:

Get laundry done. Now, I'm not insane, nor am I Superwoman, so I'm not about to say ALL the laundry. But a cpl of loads through, and maybe *gasp* even some put away, rather than living in baskets would be a good idea. If for no other reason than I'm running out of baskets.

Wipe down appliances, and remove Boo's art wall. (Honestly, I don't know why I bother to wash that particular wall. He's chosen it for his artistic display, and no matter what I do, manages to find another crayon/pencil/some sort of writing drawing implement to redecorate it)

Bathroom.

And...nap.

Good morning!

Snowing here.  Still. So I will have to get kids who aren't at swim practice (outside!!!) to shovel. Most of us are going to see Hamlet this afternoon with mil. So I only have a few hours.

Make a cake for dessert/dinner stuff is all ready to go.

Clean kitchen

pick up downstairs

That is probably all I will get done....best not to be too ambitious!

Morning Ladies!

Well, I slept in (7:30 is sleeping in for me) and got breakfast finished. Kids are doing their usual Saturday chores, boys have extra chores for sloppiness in cleaning up their room and general disrespect. It's been helping that I make them lists and schedules. They tend to work much better when things are mapped out for them, they can check things off.

Today...

** work on Children's church lessons

** do some yardwork, including dormant spraying our two fruit trees before they start blooming. With this weather we've been having spring has come a month early. It's very bad.

** grocery shopping

** fold laundry

Can barely function this morning.  Dh has banned me from painting his parent's house at least for today.  (Yay!  He realizes that I have trouble saying no.)  

Dh is working like an energizer bunny.  He made pancakes for breakfast with dd.  He has cleaned the kitchen and is mopping the floor.

I've managed to get dressed (but not showered) and have eaten breakfast.  And I did manage to make my bed.  (faint woo-hoo!)

Well, it's almost noon.

I sprayed my fruit trees and roses with that insecticidal oil stuff. I did a lot of clean up in the back yard, cleaned up and cut back my herb garden. I love winter clean up.

Now, shower, lunch, then grocery shopping.

Brandy - I noticed that little "got fired" in there. I'm sorry!

applied for a new job

doing some major science planning because we are WAY behind, we pretty much neglected it all last term, yikes!

did some work in the kitchen, livingroom and backroom, but none of them are done because I have been pulling out all the science and math books from my backroom storage to reorganize in the livingroom shelves, which means they are piled on the kitchen table, couches etc. 

made pork chops for supper

house is very quiet, dd6 is away tonight, dd14 is sleeping due to a headache, ds10 is watching movies he got from the library in the basement and ds15 is watching the movies he got in the livingroom.  I have been able to catch up on the tv episodes I missed last week while lesson planning. It's wonderful and a rare event.

The boys friend came over at 11. Since right now they just want to play computers I took them for a walk to Harvey's (fast food restaurant). With the stops in snow piles, play structure, snowball fight. The walk there and back took 2 hours. Dh even joined us. 

Then I shoveled the sidewalk a bit.

After the boys played computers for 2 hours. (Dh gave me a rub while they were playing. :)) We all played Apples to Apples, then The Great Dalmoti, then Poo. Then more shoveling, and friend went home.

The rest has been a nice quiet night. Dh just made me cupcakes. 

Tommorow, tommororw I'll clean more.