Menu

The Melting Pot questions :)

TammyinTN

We like getting the Big night out special.  We tend to get whatever the featured special flavors are (unless they have blue/gargonzola cheese because we hate those flavors) but they will let you sub out any component you don't like (for instance if you don't like the salad you can pick a different kind).  I think our favorite part in the main entree though because we love all the different dipping sauces that come with the meats.  We do like the upgraded broth (we never done the cooking in oil) for the extra flavor it adds. 

The chocolate is actually my least favorite part.  The chocolate itself is very good but the dippers (other than the fresh fruit) taste very cheap/processed to me.

One of our favorites for a girls night, which is cheaper.  DH isn't a huge fan, so I go with girl friends.  For $100, you should be able to do the 4 course dinner for 2, which is cheese, salad, entrée, and chocolate.  They will walk you through the menu and help you choose if you haven't been there before!  Lots of substitutions are available, for example, we often switch out the dark chocolate in some of the desserts for milk chocolate. 

The Caesar salad is really good with the garlic and wine seasoning on it.   The California salad is good too, it has strawberries, and gorgonzola cheese if you like that.

It's yummy!  The meats and vegetables come with a variety of sauces to try.  We like the green goddess and the ginger plum(kind of like sweet & sour).  There is also curry, a spicy cocktail sauce, and more.

Enjoy! 

Ooh, I forgot favorites:  Cheese - the Cheddar or Spinach Artichoke.  Entrée - we get whatever comes with the girls night with the Bouillon or Coq Au Vin cooking style...Salad - Caesar, Chocolate - probably the Yin/Yang which is half white chocolate and half dark chocolate (but we get it with milk chocolate instead). 

Pace yourself. You don't want to be full before dessert. It's easy to fill up on the cheese fondue alone. I lke the beer-cheddar. Your best odds of actually finishing is to pick two courses. The meat takes effort and timing, so I skip that most often. Three is good if you are really hungry that day and ignore half the veggies.

We do cheese fondue appetizer, salad, and dessert. If we eat the entrée we're too stuffed for dessert. And it's a ton cheaper. The salad with Gorgonzola is awesome!! I agree on the cheddar ap. yum!!

We love it so much we bought a fondue pot and do it at home. Maybe this weekend!!! Thanks for the reminder!!

Had to come back and tell you that you have me craving the Melting Pot right now........... the appetizer course of cheese fondue is my favorite...... I do like the main entree course of meats and seafood but the dessert comes in second after the cheese starter........... Now I want some.........

If you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday let them know ahead of time. We got a more private booth and they had a couple complimentary things for us and a special certificate. It's been a couple years now so the details are hazy but it was a really fun date night.