Menu

Finally posting pictures of our school room!

Love the bench under the window. The storage baskets are brilliant, and the bench fits perfectly there.

And the curved detail on the bookcases is so pretty.

Oh! Your desk drawers match the book case cabinets!

That's a great space, Donna. Good work!

I love it! The table is wonderful, and that padded storage bench beneath the window looks so inviting! My favorite detail, I think, is the moulding around the blackboard--- is it a blackboard proper, or blackboard paint? It's just a lovely treatment!

Thanks so much for sharing---very inspiring!

Astrid

Thanks, everyone. The filing cabinet and the bin next to it and the desk w/the printer on it will all be outta there soon. I see the library bag on the floor next to the desk looks sloppy LOL and the blue trash can on the left of the desk needs to go.

The blanket on the floor in the front hallway is actually my son moping over not winning something on the Wii :glare:

All of the furniture, including the storage bench w/baskets, is from Home Decorators.

My mother is working on making me some cushions for the bench seats and chairs at the table. They'll match the cushion on the window bench.

Nice room! Does that box on your shelf say Fact or Crap? Is that a board game?:001_smile:

LOL!!! Yes, I'm afraid that is what it says. I don't allow my kids to say that word, but a friend brought the game over when they were visiting from Kentucky in March. They left it here, and I need to keep it where I'll remember it.

Their daughter is coming tomorrow (she lives in Jersey while she's going to school). Maybe I should send it home with her!

:lol:

Many of you helped me figure out what to do in my school room. I am finally getting around to posting pictures. It's still a work in progress, but this will give you the general idea! :D

Schoolroom004-1.jpg

Schoolroom005.jpg

Schoolroom003.jpg

Schoolroom002.jpg

Schoolroom001.jpg

I'm loving it, Mrs. Osmond!! It looks like a great space for school. Have you started yet? from, Mrs. Bongiovi

I'm loving it, Mrs. Osmond!! It looks like a great space for school. Have you started yet? from, Mrs. Bongiovi

Dear Mrs. Bongiovi,

No, I have not started yet. I've been busy beyond all reason, and I'm looking forward to going down the shore on September 2nd through the 9th. We'll be starting school on Monday, September 15th. I know I should start sooner, but I'm not. And you can't make me.

Love,

Mrs. Osmond

:D

I would like to know this too. :001_smile:

We bought a piece of something from Home Depot (dh is checking to see what it is. there's extra downstairs). We painted it with the green chalkboard spray paint (I think we did 2 or 3 coats). Then dh painted the trim and glued it to the board. He nailed the whole thing onto the wall.

I think it cost less than $10 to make the whole thing. We love it and use it just about every day. Best thing I ever did -- school-wise ;)

We bought a piece of something from Home Depot (dh is checking to see what it is. there's extra downstairs). We painted it with the green chalkboard spray paint (I think we did 2 or 3 coats). Then dh painted the trim and glued it to the board. He nailed the whole thing onto the wall.

I think it cost less than $10 to make the whole thing. We love it and use it just about every day. Best thing I ever did -- school-wise ;)

I am so very jealous. I want one.

You-hoo dh! I need you to come look at this!

Dear Mrs. Bongiovi,

No, I have not started yet. I've been busy beyond all reason, and I'm looking forward to going down the shore on September 2nd through the 9th. We'll be starting school on Monday, September 15th. I know I should start sooner, but I'm not. And you can't make me.

Love,

Mrs. Osmond

OOOOOOOOOOOOH, I'm telling! What does Donny think about your defiance? I'm sure he's not singing any happy tunes about that one!

Dear Mrs. Bongiovi,

Love,

Mrs. Osmond

Okay, I think I missed something again? :confused: When did Donny leave me?

Wow, that looks great! We have the same wall paper boarder in our school room/my office. The paint on my walls is a bit darker and I would love it lighter like yours.

Congrats on a nice room!

Thanks! The paint is Gobi Desert by Behr in case you were wondering :)