Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I won't be able to say TGIF until I get home from my medical test.

Today is another fasting day.  I leave around 9:30 or so.  (Reminder - this one is at the "old" doctor's office building.)  I am having a barium swallow test.

The new washing machine comes in the afternoon!

Dd - school

Ds - school

Ds - volunteering

Dd - volunteering

Dinner?

Not sure what else.  I do want to get in my steps.  And I want to drink my green smoothie.  And I want to do 10 min. of grooming on Libby's paws.  Keep living room tidy.

Dishes- done

Go to library and store for a few things- done

Tidy up- done, I even decluttered the built in bookshelf :)

Mate socks (I hate mating Dh's socks)- the dreaded socks are done :)

Get dd off bus- done

Dinner- left overs

Bedtime routine

Crochet or read not sure which yet :) did a little of both so far

Nap- done

To Do Friday:

drop teens of in full cadet uniform at 845am.  They have 3 remembrance day ceremonies to attend.

pick teens up at some point (not sure when just yet)

work 3-530 at job #2

kuk sool won 615-815

laundry

good will drop off

pick up stained aprons from job #1 so I can redye them

clean alcove between rooms

clean boys room

track down library items to return

clean kitchen

clean livingroom

repair broken curtain rod hook thingy

figure out when ds10 is coming home

clean animal cages/tanks

clean out litter box

Jean, I hope your doctor's appointment goes well! Enjoy your washing machine :).

Melissamatthews, can't you crochet *while* you read? :D

Mom in High Heels, enjoy your reading!

I don't think I'm going to tackle Friday. I had a bad headache/migraine yesterday and it isn't really gone yet. I pray it won't come back.

Plans for today:

-school light: Math&Reading for everyone, dd10 Latin&English, dd7 English, everything else is bonus
-take dd10 and dd7 to theater class
-take dd5 and dd2 to library
-post Dutch curriculum for sale
-order science & history curriculums for dd7 (I totally give up with the living books / read aloud method for her)
-read a book

-take dd7 and dd5 to birthday party

Wash bedding

Clean up clutter in living room

Dust living room

Vacuum living room

Sweep kitchen and dining room

Sweep school room

Dust school room

Bake 3 dozen cookies

Bake 2 dozen cupcakes

Buy ice cream, paper plates, etc.

Make Powerpoint slide for dd for 4-H?

Drop ds off at movies

Tress--I hope you feel better!

Jean--I'm excited about your new machine. You'll have to share all about it. I hope the test helps you get answers!

They did put a picc line in for my mom. She told my sister she just doesn't know how much more of this her body can take.  My sister asked her directly if she felt she were dying and needed to get me and my other sister to come, and she told her no. I have to teach at co-op today, but if I decide to go, I have a friend who will take the class over. 

To do today

Breakfast and lunch for dh

breakfast and lunches for the rest of us

make copies of something I need to handout in co-op and for my own kids writing notebook

pack car with stuff for co-op

go to co-op

come home and unpack car

tidy house

figure out dinner for the kids

dh and I are going out to dinner

enjoy what's left of the evening

Jean I hope your tests go well.

Amy :grouphug: :grouphug:

I always end up getting up at 5am once the clocks go back so I am tired already.

Already fed the feathered, finned and furred.

Make lunches

Need to meal plan and grocery shop.  blech

school with youngest

take oldest to work

continue trying to fix youngest's laptop

vacuum

brush dog who is shedding like crazy

Pack for weekend trip for both me and Aidan

Clean kitchen

Tidy living room, dining room, bathroom

Shower/dress/meds

We are leaving at 9 a.m. to go to a collie breeder friend's place for the weekend.  Driving about 3 hours.  Going with a friend and her two collies.  Aidan will have a blast - lots of fenced room to run and lots of dogs to play with.  Two of the dogs have recently had puppies.  The best part is that the breeder has a big training room and a big indoor agility ring.  Everything is heated, so my pup won't get cold.

Aidan was professionally groomed yesterday evening, so he looks great.  He has a new blue dragon squeaky toy, so he is ready to roll!  Dogs can see blue, and it was the only blue toy I could find at Petco.  Seems weird to me that dog toys aren't more prevalent in colors dogs can actually see.

The worst part is that the friend I'm going with just had two operations for breast cancer (she had several different kinds simultaneously), and the friend we are visiting was just diagnosed with it, too.

Get a mammogram as often as needed for your age group!

I slept poorly last night which always makes the morning feel arduous.

--new chapter in algebra 2

--physics problems

--start reading/discussing the Industrial Revolution

--finish English for the week

--AMC practice test?

--continue watching "Wonders of the Solar System"

--finish FLL work before meeting

--order next AoPS math books (Intermediate Algebra and PreCalculus)

--fax into

--laundry, might be able to hang outside

--nephews here at 3

--drive dd and oldest nephew to FLL for 4-5

--drop the boys at home on the way to ballet, 6:30-8

--oh yeah, prep dinner

--exercise

TGIF....I'm ready for the weekend, but first I have to make it through Friday!

school - just wrapping up the "leftovers" from the week

dd6: phonics, math/enrichment activities

dd9:  TT, Megawords, handwriting, FLL

ds: TT, English review, Environmental Science experiment and write impact statement, start Spanish homework

dd16: finish English essay & submit, finish Chem homework 

history mapwork for ds and dd9

run to store to get pajama pants & another pair of jeans or windpants for ds (cold weather hit and apparently he has grown--all of his pants are too short!)

library

dd16 & ds: pack for weekend Youth Pilgrimage with youth group

dd16: Chem class 12:45-2:15

daycare children (2) 1:30-5:30

go to bank

drop dd16 and ds off at church 3:30pm

make sure that dd9 has warm gear to wear for the soccer tournament this weekend

have dh put Halloween decoration container & summer clothes containers back up in attic

have dh take all of our trash & recycling to the landfill

household chores: empty/reload dishwasher, laundry (1 load + fold/put away 1 load from yesterday), scrub bathrooms, vacuum living room & stairs,

dinner - we might splurge & go out since we will only have the two younger girls with us

pack chairs, blankets, food, etc. for a full day of soccer tournament tomorrow 

relaxing time

Jean -- hope the tests go ok

Melissa -- ugh mating socks :ack2:

Swellmomma -- got tired reading your list

Mom in Heels -- have fun reading.  I love to read

Tress -- hope the headache stays away

Sparkle -- so what time should we be there for cookies & cupcakes :D

Amy -- :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Lizzie --  5am :sleep:  I thought I was doing good to get up at 7am 

RoughCollie -- have fun today

Luckymama -- maybe you can squeeze in a nap

MamaAkins -- hope you can get your relaxation time

school

general pick up

laundry

write down Christmas gift ideas

pay a bill

organize photo book shelf

Need to do so much more but I'm just going to be honest.  It ain't gonna happen.  I am wore out today. 

Jean...hope your test go well.

Tress--I hope you feel better soon.

Mom in High Heels--safe travels and enjoy your visit.

LuckyMama---I really don't like those not so good sleep nights...they do a number on me. 

Rough Collie--have a great trip.

This week has been rotten beyond words.  I'm staying home until Monday and getting caught up.  Monday we have our professional pictures for Christmas and are going out to eat--it's a no school day.  I'll be back on Tuesday hopefully, refreshed and ready to tackle another week.

Good Morning Ladies, looks like we have some busy days here. I was able to get up this morning and go walking. It is so hard to get out of bed and exercise, but it did it. I'm discovering there is a correlation between nights when I have a lot of dreams and my ability to get up easily. I had lots of weird dreams last night, but I woke up fairly easily .

Dh is taking the day off today, just because he has some time to take off before the end of the year. We have school to do (Fridays are pretty easy - verse quiz, spelling test, Latin quizzes, reading, math and science) and then co-op this afternoon.

tonight we're getting a sitter and going out on a "Married People Date". You know, nice dinner (Indian food) and then Lowe's to pick up a replacement window shade, and then Costco.

Mating socks wouldn't be so bad if dh didn't have like five brands that are similar yet different crew length socks. Some solid grey bottom, some with just grey heel and toe, slightly different lengths, different tops... Ugh when we get some extra money, I'm going to buy him all new socks that are the same and throw all the others out. He will have a fit because he thinks its a waste of money because they are perfectly good socks.

Good morning! Sounds like everyone could use a  :hurray: or a  :grouphug:

No am practice-meet tonight!

school for dd2,ds3

be the "second pair of eyes" on college application

same for waiver forms and sign

maps for where we have to drive this weekend-sadly no GPS for me

word count

clean study

oversee chores

make dinner

try to get house picked up for the crazy weekend ahead

Get gas and cash

PM practice for ds1, dd2, ds3 

head to meet

OK, I'm up.  My neighbor is already wanting to come over and borrow something.  Ok - but don't expect me to be dressed and have my hair brushed!  (She's a female neighbor who I know very well.)  Oh - and she'd better come quick because once it's time for me to leave the house for the procedure, I'm out of here.

And yes, I agree  :hurray: and  :grouphug: as needed.  

DD threw up instead of doing math today so our whole day just got rearranged. She has a temp of 102 and a scratchy throat.    :sad:

No school for dd, except maybe some reading or read aloud later on, if she feels better. She's asleep now.

Regular school for DS, then lots of playing outside. It is a perfect, crisp, sunny fall day here.

Play outside with DS! :)

House cleaning.

General organizing - Must. Fight. Entropy and Chaos. Every. Day.

Plan next week's school.

Write out menus for the rest of November.

Realistically, if I get a good bit of this done I'm having a super-productive day.

I'd love to have an hour to read and enjoy a quiet cup of tea, but that may not happen. 

Then again, maybe kids can watch Liberty's Kids in the late afternoon.....  ;)  :D

After dinner check in:

I don't think I'm going to tackle Friday. I had a bad headache/migraine yesterday and it isn't really gone yet. I pray it won't come back.

Plans for today:

-school light: Math&Reading for everyone, dd10 Latin&English, dd7 English, everything else is bonus
-take dd10 and dd7 to theater class
-take dd5 and dd2 to library

-buy shoes for dd5
-post Dutch curriculum for sale
-order science & history curriculums for dd7 (I totally give up with the living books / read aloud method for her)
-read a book

-take dd7 and dd5 to birthday party  ---- DH is taking over

The migraine didn't really return, but I'm still feeling weird. Aunt Flo arrived. If yesterday's migraine is *the* monthly migraine, the magnesium might be working :). We'll see tomorrow.

My muscles are really tight.  I've been doing my touch the toes test every morning and most mornings it is the same:  go down without too much effort to about 4 inches above my toes, put some effort into it to get 3 more inches to about an inch off of my toes.  Today I was in a lot of pain just bending over at all.  And even with effort I could only get to about a foot above my toes.  Getting my socks on was a bit of a challenge.  I almost had to get my kids to help me this morning.   I hate this and doctors have not been helpful other than to suggest muscle relaxants which knock me out.  I slept well last night too with both Gabapentin (low dose) and the CPAP.  

I left co-op early to come home and go see my mom. I talked with her this morning, and she said she's not one to give up, but she's so tired. The kids and I are headed out soon. It's about a 2.5 hour drive there and through Atlanta, so pray for safe and easy travel. If any of you know Atlanta at all, you know the easy part is important! 

Oh Amy :grouphug:

Lunchtime check in---math and history are done. We watched a Time Team episode for her elective choice :)

I have to eat, fax some paperwork, and start the laundry. Two hours left until the nephews (13 and 8) arrive----physics, English, and robotics remain :eek:

almost 1pm check-in

Productive day so far...

dd6: phonics, math/enrichment activities

dd9:  TT, Megawords, handwriting, FLL, history reading

ds: TT, English review, Environmental Science experiment and write impact statement, start Spanish homework

dd16: finish English essay & submit, finish Chem homework 

history mapwork for ds and dd9

run to store to get pajama pants & another pair of jeans or windpants for ds (cold weather hit and apparently he has grown--all of his pants are too short!)

library

go to bank

have dh put Halloween decoration container & summer clothes containers back up in attic

household chores: empty/reload dishwasher, laundry (1 load + fold/put away 1 load from yesterday), scrub bathrooms, vacuum living room & stairs,

dinner - we might splurge & go out since we will only have the two younger girls with us

relaxing time

I left co-op early to come home and go see my mom. I talked with her this morning, and she said she's not one to give up, but she's so tired. The kids and I are headed out soon. It's about a 2.5 hour drive there and through Atlanta, so pray for safe and easy travel. If any of you know Atlanta at all, you know the easy part is important! 

Sending prayers for traveling mercies for you and the kids, Amy.  Sending love your way during this difficult time.  I think it's wise to spend the time with your mom.  Regardless of the outcome, you will never, ever regret having made the choice to spend more time with her.  

This morning got up, helped teens get ready for their thing, ironed their pants etc.  Drove them to town and dropped off at the first school, I am expecting a call at some point of when/where to pick them up.  Since then I have been fairly lazy enjoying the quiet of the house.  I did talk on the phone to my mom(its her bday today) and talked to ds10 who is mad that he is coming home on monday(he is thoroughly enjoying hanging out with poppa at the factory and being a working man).  I should get a move on since I have to work this afternoon but I think I will soak in the quiet a little longer first :)

Laundry is going, litter box has been changed but that is it thus far.

Afternoon check in...

Done:  

• the whole house vacuumed, dusted and mopped
  • all bathrooms cleaned
  • kitchen cleaned
  • everything dusted
  • all four bed sheets changed

Now:

• Mt. Laundry----I really don't like laundry
  • cook an easy dinner 
  • relax and play with Sophie Grace :)

Well, she didn't get all the English finished so she'll be working on the weekend. Too bad, so sad.

--new chapter in algebra 2

--physics problems

--start reading/discussing the Industrial Revolution

--finish English for the week

--AMC practice test?

--continue watching "Wonders of the Solar System"

--finish FLL work before meeting

--order next AoPS math books (Intermediate Algebra and PreCalculus)

--fax into

--laundry, might be able to hang outside

--nephews here at 3

--drive dd and oldest nephew to FLL for 4-5

--drop the boys at home on the way to ballet, 6:30-8

--oh yeah, prep dinner

--exercise

1 pm check in:

Just got home from my medical test.  Ate brunch on the way home and stopped at the grocery store for a couple of things.

The test went ok, I guess.  The radiologist will send his report and images to the gastro-enterologist who will review everything and then make her report which gets sent to me.  I don't know a  time frame on all of this esp. since they were pushing me through today because the doctor is going on vacation and they wanted to get my test done first.  

Jean, sorry you're not feeling so great today. :grouphug:

Amy, :grouphug: and prayers for you and your mom

My plans are thrown for a bit of a loop since I have yet another child down sick today. We are cancelling dd's birthday party for tomorrow since we don't want to spread the germs :(

Housecleaning is put on hold till people are feeling better.

I'm still baking cupcakes and cookies for Christmas Around the World tomorrow.

Cupcakes Ă¢Ë†Å¡

Cookies

Laundry - 1 load in washer, 1 in dryer

Give cat his pills

Eat something

Scrub tub

Dishes

See what else I have time for

afternoon check in:

I finished a book, now getting ready to pick up the teens and go to work.  I have enjoyed the quiet house though dd6 has declared her boredom loudly and wants to go to work early, she doesn't get that the school kids are in class and won't be there to play with yet.

My afternoon check in..Actually probably my last one, as I am leaving soon and will be home late.

School is done, neighborhood friends here for a few hours (out of school for the long weekend).

Chores completed, forms filled out.

House looks pretty good...

word count done

maps done

No dinner made...that will have to be on dh!

And ds1 submitted 2 CA applications w/writing supplement  :party:

3 more schools to go!

Cupcakes Ă¢Ë†Å¡

Cookies - getting ready to stick 1st batch in oven

Laundry - 3rd load in dryer, 4th in washer

Give cat his pills Ă¢Ë†Å¡

Eat something Ă¢Ë†Å¡

Scrub tub

Dishes

See what else I have time for - I need to go buy cat litter (wish I would have known this when I went out earlier to buy flour), and go to library

dd6: phonics, math/enrichment activities

dd9:  TT, Megawords, handwriting, FLL, history reading

ds: TT, English review, Environmental Science experiment and write impact statement, start Spanish homework

dd16: finish English essay & submit, finish Chem homework 

history mapwork for ds and dd9  Ran out of time, will have to do on Sunday evening when ds gets back

library

go to bank

household chores: empty/reload dishwasher, laundry (1 load + fold/put away 1 load from yesterday), scrub bathrooms, vacuum living room & stairs,

relaxing time

Cupcakes Ă¢Ë†Å¡

Cookies - 1st batch is done, I may make another since I have the ingredients sitting out

Laundry - 4th load in dryer, 5th in washer

Give cat his pills Ă¢Ë†Å¡

Eat something Ă¢Ë†Å¡

Scrub tub

Dishes Ă¢Ë†Å¡

See what else I have time for - I need to go buy cat litter (wish I would have known this when I went out earlier to buy flour), and go to library

Afternoon vent.... er..... I mean check-in.

Ok, there is a reason it's called co-op people. We decided at our last meeting that there would be no drop-offs while you go home to nurse a head ache or go to Wally-world. But no... and between another mom and me, we took home our own children and three other families' worth of children. This is not free daycare. I'm a little peeved right now!

Jean--I hope you get answers from your test, and way to go on the laundry machine! I hope you feel well enough tomorrow to crank her up. 

Sparkle--I'm sorry you have to cancel and hope she feels better. 

I think it did my mom some real good to have us all there. She ate better once we were there and seemed to perk up. She was still talking about being tired, thinking it would be better to just go be with God, and telling us to be good to Daddy. After being there, I honestly don't think anything will happen soon, but it's going to be a long road ahead.  Thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts! Traffic was fine, but I did go through the city at better times than some.

What a day I'm going to have tomorrow: clean the office we do part-time, shop for and get food ready for the luncheon on Sunday, and go to a home group tomorrow night. I need to see if you have the tackle Saturday thread up, Jean! 

Good night, everyone!

Thanks, Amy. Birthday girl is the only one who isn't sick, so it's kind of a bummer for her. DH promised her doughnuts for breakfast though, so she is happy. I'm glad your mom is doing a bit better. Praying for you.

Cookies are done and bagged.

Laundry is done.

I guess I will do the tub tomorrow. I'm pooped.

4-H is driving me crazy, as usual. Ah well.

1030pm check in

Went to work today
took dd6 to kuk sool won, teens decided to miss it and attend a special youth group night one of the other churches does so we were stuck in town until 10pm

I dropped off library books and picked up ds15s hold.

The shovelling got done before work

Now deciding between chores or bed, both are important so I can't decide.