Menu

I am now an official member of the Levenger cult

HappyGrace

My starter kit is on the way and I already have my next few orders planned (next order-desktop punch, bookcloth cover, more rings; 40th bday present in a couple months will be the junior size zip cover.)

I'm doing a letter-sized bookcloth cover for my personal notebook: co-op info, Keepers at Home stuff, school planning, etc. Then I'll use the junior size to replace my DayRunner planner/calendar. That way I can move papers back and forth between the two.

So thanks a lot! :glare: (But really-:D-can't wait til it gets here!!)

These don't look like they'd line up in a book case very neatly... don't the discs get in the way?

Someone tell me - what is the advantage to this system over a regular ring binder?

Curious, too. It's hard to see them on the website. Are they like comb-binding? I'm not too crazy about comb-binding. They twist and turn and unwind with repeated use.

If you get the starter set, that doesn't include the punch, does it? That would be another $60?

They do look neat, maybe it could cross over into scrapbooking, then you may be onto something.

Oh, you dear, sweet woman. . . . .

That is JUST what I've seen them used for!

I'm thinking of having my kids do a school-year scrapbook, that they can all add to. They all LOVE to use Mommy's new. . . . .

CIRCA PUNCH!!

Waving hi from the Pro-Click, sprial binding cult! It is addictive. Anything and everything has been spiral bound this summer. :D

I have a slight confession to make.....at the risk of offending my Circa Sisters. If I had seen the Pro-Click first.....I might have.......No, I can't say it out loud.

ETA: Can you add and take out with the Pro-click?

ummmm...my hubby already thinks I spend waaay too much time online, now he's going to be really ticked off because I just found my new best friend. I'm envisioning portfolio books for the kids, lesson planners for me (i love that I can re-do it, you know as plans change...or curriculum ;-0)), and finally! a way to organize my million and one recipies I've got wandering around here!

I have a slight confession to make.....at the risk of offending my Circa Sisters. If I had seen the Pro-Click first.....I might have.......No, I can't say it out loud.

ETA: Can you add and take out with the Pro-click?

You can if you use the Pro-click binding spines. However they are fairly pricey and they only come in two sizes. I think one size is around 15.00 for 12 or 24 spines. I bought a similar size SPIRAL spine for around the same price, but got 100 of them. You can not add/delete from the sprial spines without unwinding the whole spine.

You can if you use the Pro-click binding spines. However they are fairly pricey and they only come in two sizes. I think one size is around 15.00 for 12 or 24 spines. I bought a similar size SPIRAL spine for around the same price, but got 100 of them. You can not add/delete from the sprial spines without unwinding the whole spine.

Are you saying that you purchased a similar size spiral spine that would fit the pro click holes? Sorry I'm confused.:confused:

Okay, coincidentally I received my sample kit today from Levenger. I am amazed at how well the paper stays in the disks, BUT... it's kind of ugly with the rings sticking out of it, isn't it? Or is that part of the charm?

I want to like these. I love the idea of adding and subtracting pages in my reading journals. But it is so oddly shaped...

Can you imagine anyone begging to be talked into a cult??? :001_huh: Yet here I am... Make me love these!

Okay, coincidentally I received my sample kit today from Levenger. I am amazed at how well the paper stays in the disks, BUT... it's kind of ugly with the rings sticking out of it, isn't it? Or is that part of the charm?

I want to like these. I love the idea of adding and subtracting pages in my reading journals. But it is so oddly shaped...

Can you imagine anyone begging to be talked into a cult??? :001_huh: Yet here I am... Make me love these!

The more paper you put in the prettier they become.

Well for goodness sake. I slept on it, thinking that I would stay with the previous method of going to Office Max and having the notebooks spiral bound, but the more I thought about it, it made sense to have the ability to add extras - like completed tests, essays, projects, etc. The perk I like the most is that when this work is filed for good after the year is over, it is together, streamlined, not loose or in a bulky binder. The whole package is tied together so to speak so that all the components are easy to review and rewarding to look at. Sigh - I bought one. LOL

Okay, that is a wonderful product. I can see so many possibilities! :D For example, if you have a small size notebook/Rolodex, and let's say you are going to the dentist, then you need to drop something off at a new friend's house, you could pop out the Rolodex size card for the dentist (to have the phone number in case you get stuck in traffic), and pop out the directions to the friend's house, put them in your larger (main) notebook and off you go!

Or, to use this product in a more homeschooling type of application, you could set up the notebooks for science/nature study, and the children could take small notebooks out to the field, do drawings or bark rubbings, even take photographs and punch the side -- voila! It can all go into the main nature study notebook.

Oh, you have ruined me forever on three-ring binders!

I just ordered mine!!!!

If you decide to get one, be sure to use one of the discount codes here because you can get 20% off.

I ordered the punch plus the starter kit. Because the starter kit is basically free, I did not receive the 20% off discount for that purchase. But I did get $11.60 off the price of the punch. I have already lined up the things that I'll buy with the $40 gift card. I know I could've waited to use the gift card toward the purchase of the punch, but when that stuff arrives I will want to start punching right away. It would bug me to have the kit, but no punch.

I just ordered mine!!!!

If you decide to get one, be sure to use one of the discount codes here because you can get 20% off.

I ordered the punch plus the starter kit. Because the starter kit is basically free, I did not receive the 20% off discount for that purchase. But I did get $11.60 off the price of the punch. I have already lined up the things that I'll buy with the $40 gift card. I know I could've waited to use the gift card toward the purchase of the punch, but when that stuff arrives I will want to start punching right away. It would bug me to have the kit, but no punch.

Welcome to the club, my dear!!!! :001_smile: (Wait until you see the covers. Very nice sturdy plastic!!)

I've been watching these threads and have been intrigued every since I saw Karen's TOG notebooks a few months back.

What size disks do I need if I want to make notebooks for my highschool girls? I'm thinking that there will probably be too much work for all year to fit in one? Maybe one book per quarter? Karen?

For instance, my 9th grader:

MOH1

LIT

Apologia

Math U See

Bible

and of course there will be the SAT vocab, any spelling, vocab, etc.that goes with her LIT.

Probably Latin

I want to print out her weekly schedule and then put all of her work and then have room for her notes and papers behind the schedule so that each week is together. Or would you ladies do a book for each subject?

She doesn't like messing around with a lot of books. I thought this would make it easier. Especially since her History/LIT and Bible are all tied together.

Suggestions? :001_huh:

Hi Candace,

I couldn't even begin to answer all of your questions, especially since I just ordered mine today, but since Karen doesn't seem to be online, I'll try.

According to her blog she uses the 1" for her high schooler. That is just for one quarter of TOG though. She says that the 1" will hold about 160 sheets of paper, if that helps.

In TOG History, Bible, and Literature would be combined in one unit/notebook. That's how I'm planning to work it for my middle school aged child. Math is its own book, and spelling too. I am making a science notebook, and I haven't yet decided whether to Circa it or send it to be spiraled.

Anyway, hth! :001_smile:

--a

I've been watching these threads and have been intrigued every since I saw Karen's TOG notebooks a few months back.

What size disks do I need if I want to make notebooks for my highschool girls? I'm thinking that there will probably be too much work for all year to fit in one? Maybe one book per quarter? Karen?

For instance, my 9th grader:

MOH1

LIT

Apologia

Math U See

Bible

and of course there will be the SAT vocab, any spelling, vocab, etc.that goes with her LIT.

Probably Latin

I want to print out her weekly schedule and then put all of her work and then have room for her notes and papers behind the schedule so that each week is together. Or would you ladies do a book for each subject?

She doesn't like messing around with a lot of books. I thought this would make it easier. Especially since her History/LIT and Bible are all tied together.

Suggestions? :001_huh:

Maybe one book per quarter? Karen?

Oops, sorry. Anj is right, 1" is 160 pages, 3/4 " is 120 pages, 1/2" is 80 pages. I used the 1" with my oldest for 1 quarter of history, each of his TOG weeks have at least 14 pages. I am also making an English II book for him, starting with the 1", but not sure if that will be a quarter or a semester. It will have his writing, vocab, grammar, some SAT prep.