Menu

What do you like to order from Amazon Prime? Any foods? What else?

HappyGrace

This week I ordered coconut oil and Vetricyn (an antibiotic topical miracle spray for my horses).  Last week it was books and season 3 of Star Trek the Next Generation and school jeans for Bean.  

A couple months ago I ordered a large, portable swamp cooler...

I swear, Amazon is the Sears and Roebuck catalog for me.   :D

We just automatically check Amazon if there is something we want to buy that may or may not be easier and/or cheaper to get there than locally.  I've bought flour, coconut oil, personal care items, tea, floor cleaner, CDs/MP3s, a fuse for my dishwasher, socks, tools, all sorts of stuff.  Just think about nonperishable things you buy and look them up. 

We do buy most of our books there too, but we still have a few independent sources of books that we support before Amazon; they are specialized and don't carry everything.

mostly- supplements, dvd's, books and other misc.  I also liked being able to order gifts for others, and having amazon send it to them with the two-day shipping so I didn't have to go to the post office.

I've bought watches - and able to find exactly what I want as opposed to search who knows how many stores.  my son wanted a digital with 24 hr time.   I wanted something cheap. . . . . it just came and he's making me nuts.   go. jump. on. the. trampoline!

I like that with Amazon Prime I can order what I need and have it in two business days and not get gouged for shipping costs.  So when I sit down Sunday afternoon to assemble my school week and see that- oops!  I need that book on Wednesday and I haven't ordered it yet... So I hop on over to Amazon and order it right away.  Free two day shipping- sometimes a Sunday order has my book arrive on Tuesday.  Usually I have to wait until Wednesday, but I've been pleasantly surprised from time to time.

I buy everything from amazon! Love it. My parents are in assisted living in another state and I can manage their personal care monthly shipment for my brother from home. Parents get their much needed monthly shipment via subscribe and save, brother doesn't have to deal with it. Win - win.

I think the better question would be what don't I order from Amazon. :D

Exactly! I only go to Target once every 1-2 months now, everything else comes from Amazon. I don't do much food from Amazon since I need to go to the grocery store anyway, but do save myself frustration by getting hard to find items from Amazon.

This past week, I have ordered:

Filter for fridge water dispenser

Batteries for the grass trimmer

Two story escape ladder

Hape wooden helicopter (baby toy for last minute invite I received---paid $3.99 to have it arrive overnight)

A couple of books

Disposable baby bibs

I have saved myself three trips to the hardware store, a trip to a bookstore, a trip to Target, and a trip to the toy store....at least three hours of my time (5 if I had to go in the day with the kids). Forget the average 30% discount compared to local stores... I saved time!

Just this morning I ordered:

A pair of Sperry top-siders 

12 pair of underwear 

a case of gf grits

a case of nut-free cookies for snacks for older dd

a box of gf, nut-free snack bars

a book of cello music

a bottle of zinc

some raw, organic, gf granola

a new filter for my air purifier

This summer: Shoes, supplements, books, prime instant videos, borrowed Kindle book, granola bars, those suitcase packing pouches that squish everything down really small 

During the school year:  Weird science supplies that would involve running around to multiple stores to locate, birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, more books 

Bonus for Amazon -- I was convinced that we had lost a certain book somewhere in our house.  When I looked into replacing it, though, no edition existed on AMazon with an "instant order update -- you purchased this on blahblahblah-date".  Then I realized I'd actually gotten it from the library before, had never lost it, and could order a new copy with a clear conscious.

K Cups - They have a wider variety of tea than our area grocery stores!

One year I did my entire Christmas by Amazon. It was wonderful. One evening with the computer & I was done! The only thing I didn't like was that gift wrap was prohibitively expensive, so I had everything shipped to me, I wrapped and then re-shipped. In hindsight, it might have been less expensive to pay for them to wrap, since shipping was free. I'll have to check that the next time I do that. 

For some reason this is reminding me that I need to send candy boxes to my great nieces & nephews. Hmm, off to the craft store to get some boxes!