Menu

Is this just a coincidence or something more?

fourcatmom

It started on the night of August 2nd. I had a dream that night. My father in law was in the dream (he passed in May of this year) and he was basically telling me that I was going to get pregnant and have a boy. It was weird but I have had weird dreams before although never about having a child.  I didn't tell anyone about this dream until last night when I told my DH. I am not sure why I told him but for kicks we put the date (aug. 2nd was also first day of last cycle) into a pregnancy calculator and the due date came up....May 9th. This is the day his father passed away. :confused1:  This kind of freaked me out since he was the one in the dream telling me this. So, kind of strange but I just shook it off. Had my tubes tied 11 years ago, so this isn't really something I worry about.

Fast forward to today and we went to pick up my DH's Mom to take her clothes shopping. Never mentioned anything to her nor did my DH about the dream. I am walking around the store pushing her in the wheel chair and all of sudden she blurts out to my DH, "Hey get over here and push me cause your wife is pregnant and this time it's a boy!" Remember, this is the wife of the deceased father that just passed away and was in my dream. The hair on my arm stood up. I was really freaked. She says she doesn't know why she said that. My youngest is 11 years old, she would have no reason to think that I am pregnant. :confused1:

On the way home from shopping, my DH and I stop at Applebee's for dinner. The waitress takes us up to the section with the booths and turns around and says to us, "here is your birth!"  She looks at me funny and says she has no idea why she said that. :huh:

How weird is that? I am getting a little freaked out. Is this all just a weird coincidence or maybe something more? What do you think?

Has anything like this happened to anyone? I did not have any notions about my two pregnancies, other then they were boys! Wrong, they were both girls. The only thing I have always felt is that someday I would have a boy but didn't ever know where those feelings came home. I have a 4 yo grandson and just assumed that he was the "boy" in my life and I was very happy with that. Now this? I don't know.

I dreamt that my sister-in-law was pregnant before I knew.  They were not planning on having more children and ended up with twins. 

I also had a dream while I was pregnant that I lost the baby and couldn't find her.  A few days later we found out that the baby had passed away.

Hmm.. well, if you want to look at it from the dream perspective, I think being pregnant means giving birth to something new, like something big is going to happen in your life, not necessarily a real baby. Does that make sense?

FWIW, if I was in your shoes, I'd probably do the test regardless of having tied tubes. You just never know. And then you'll have peace of mind.

Thank you for the input, we will see. I will take a test but I still think it's too early in the month. Maybe on my birthday at the end of the month. :w00t: Honestly, I don't think I am and can't wrap my head around it and I really don't want to get excited and then disappointed but I find all the little things very weird and unusual for me.

Very strange. I can understand how you feel.

Before we had ds, I had two miscarriages. Because of some of the circumstances, my doctor sent me to a perinatologist for a bunch of tests. During this period of testing before I got the go-ahead to get pregnant again, I had a very vivid dream that I was holding a baby and people were saying how cute the baby was, but I kept saying, you don't understand! The baby is dead! Then I looked down and the baby opened his/her eyes and was fine. Then when we got pregnant with ds, we had a number of signs at the beginning that I was going to miscarry again. Then we went in for an appt. with the doctor, really just hoping I wouldn't need a D&C, and to everyone's surprise, including the doctor, the baby was fine! And now he's 16. So I kind of thought that dream was a message. But that's never happened again.

it could well be a higher power sending you a message so you don't freak out when your cycle doesn't start.   if so, I'd say it's a special little boy who will be coming.  oth - it could be the cosmos are trying to make you crazy.   we'll all be waiting come September to hear if anything happened.

Well I personally find this thread a tad freaky!! Because interestingly this happened to me.... sort of. My in laws were both alive. We were visiting them and MIL just knew I was pg/going to get pg. She made a few jokes about it - about me getting pg during that trip. (We had been trying for 4 years!) And that we were going to have a boy. She wanted a boy because she has 12 granddaughters.

And well it was the same date. Aug 2nd, I conceived - he was born May 1st. Sort of creepy huh?

Sure it could easily be a coincidence.  If is wasn't for the first dream, the others probably wouldn't have even been a blip on your radar.  

That being said here is my weird story.  Both dh and I had medical procedures over 10 years ago, and neither dh or I can conceive.  We Never, even once thought or talked about having a 3rd child. There was no secret yearning or desire. We were happily moving along with our two kids ages 12 and 8 when I started feeling like I was pg. It was the weirdest thing.  I could feel the baby kicking inside me, so strong that I almost went and bought a pg test. I remember laying in bed putting my hands on my tummy, pushing in, feeling the kicks (definitely not gas bubbles, just little kicks).  I KNEW I wasn't.  No other symptoms, no weight gain, nothing!  But, I could feel these very distinct baby kicks!  It went on for about a month or two and then stopped. I never felt them again.  About 6mths later we got a call asking to take my 3mo great-niece, who would have been inutero at the time of the mystery kicks.  I had NO idea she was pregnant until she delivered the baby.  None, zero, zilch.  I hadn't talked to her or my sister in years.   We were supposed to just foster her for a while, but finalized on her at 2yo so she is now ours permanently.  

I have never again felt the same sensation, but even now, 7 years later, I can still remember my psuedo pregnancy just as vividly as my other bio-kids pregnancies. 

Sooo, while it may not be your baby on the horizon, you never know if you have a baby coming into your life now, or later who could end up being like a son to you.  :0) 

Well I personally find this thread a tad freaky!! Because interestingly this happened to me.... sort of. My in laws were both alive. We were visiting them and MIL just knew I was pg/going to get pg. She made a few jokes about it - about me getting pg during that trip. (We had been trying for 4 years!) And that we were going to have a boy. She wanted a boy because she has 12 granddaughters.

And well it was the same date. Aug 2nd, I conceived - he was born May 1st. Sort of creepy huh?

I believe there are 13 grandchildren on that side. 12 granddaughters and 1 grandson already, my step ds who just turned 18. The grandpa who was in my dream was always talking about how there was only 1 son to pass on the name. He also always commented about how good of a Mom I was and I always felt that I was going to have a boy but after 11 years really don't think about it much anymore. It crazy that I am even posting this because I feel nothing! If it was just the dream, no biggie. It's the other comments all at the same time. Also, the 17th plays a huge role in my life with my DH. We met Aug. 17th (14 years ago), we married June 17th. My 1st dd was born December 17th and I went into labor with my 2nd on the...17th but born on the 18th. If the first day of my last period was the 2nd then I think the window of opportunity would be between the 13th and 18th....so that part kind of freaks me out too! But, grandpa was a practical joker so maybe he's playing with me head from where ever he is! :lol:

It's definitely freaky and you'd better keep us in the loop regarding the outcome of that test!

About 7 years ago I went through a stage where I thought I was pg, despite having my tubes tied.  I'd been having visions of a beautiful little girl with long, dark, curly hair and bright blue eyes. I knew without a shred of doubt that she was part of my family.  I spent months being devastated when I wasn't pg, even though I knew it wasn't likely to happen. I ended up praying for either a baby or the desire to be taken away. The Lord firmly shut that door and I haven't wanted a baby since. BUT the vision of the little girl has stayed.  I even known her name.

One day shortly after DS19 got married, I was chatting with DIL and realized that the little girl is probably their daughter. Her coloring would be just right for their kids.  They're not in a rush to have kids, but they know about my vision and know they don't get to name any daughter they have until after Nana gets to meet her, because I know I'll know it's her as soon as I see her.

Thank you for sharing all your stories. I have thought for awhile that the boy was my grandson, who is now 4. We are very close. Maybe there is another one coming? I don't know. I have enjoyed hearing all the stories regardless of the outcome I will be okay. I haven't had a desire in awhile, I let that go but would be happily excited if this is what is meant to be. 

I believe there are 13 grandchildren on that side. 12 granddaughters and 1 grandson already, my step ds who just turned 18. The grandpa who was in my dream was always talking about how there was only 1 son to pass on the name. He also always commented about how good of a Mom I was and I always felt that I was going to have a boy but after 11 years really don't think about it much anymore. It crazy that I am even posting this because I feel nothing! If it was just the dream, no biggie. It's the other comments all at the same time. Also, the 17th plays a huge role in my life with my DH. We met Aug. 17th (14 years ago), we married June 17th. My 1st dd was born December 17th and I went into labor with my 2nd on the...17th but born on the 18th. If the first day of my last period was the 2nd then I think the window of opportunity would be between the 13th and 18th....so that part kind of freaks me out too! But, grandpa was a practical joker so maybe he's playing with me head from where ever he is! :lol:

That's really creepy! We had another boy so now there are 12 granddaughters and 2 boys.... You must keep us posted. When we told MIL, it was like she already knew. It was weird.