Menu

If I hear someone say one more time...

BarbecueMom

... some variation of,

"You need to have/not have that baby before/after (insert time) and/or (insert date) because (insert asinine or self-serving reasons here),"

I am going to lose it. No, I'm not in labor, I just stopped answering ridiculous text messages for my own sanity!

Saturday's the due date. I know it's only going to get worse after then if the kid's still in there.

/rant

Some people seem to lose all common sense when communicating with a pregnant woman.   :grouphug:  Wishing you a smooth delivery!  :)

Thanks. Most of this would be coming from my mother, who completely loses her mind every time I'm pregnant. It doesn't help that my brother is moving out for college in a couple weeks and is pulling the, "You love your grandsons more than me!" type of pre-separation garbage. I know she's trying to accommodate/tiptoe around him. I've been patient... up to this point. :-)

Pregnant much? ;-)

The 10th month is the longest...

DH was scheduled to go on a 6 week field exercise when I was due with DS2.

Every day I got a phone call from my MIL asking me if I was in labor and telling me I needed "have that baby" before DH left so he didn't miss the birth. EVERY DAY.

DS was a week "late" and we had 9 days to spare.

DH was scheduled to go on a 6 week field exercise when I was due with DS2.

Every day I got a phone call from my MIL asking me if I was in labor and telling me I needed "have that baby" before DH left so he didn't miss the birth. EVERY DAY.

DS was a week "late" and we had 9 days to spare.

DH left for BOLC four weeks before DS5 was born. He ended up back home in two weeks due to injury, but before that my mom was flipping out daily, way more than I was. Then when DS3 was born, 14 months later, I found out she was setting up "alternate child care arrangements" for oldest DS on her own for every worst-case scenario (um, thanks, we got this part).

It's mostly amusing, but this morning I hit my limit.

you need to have that baby.  inquiring minds want to know. ;)

I'm so sorry.  and to think, I thought late pregnancy was so uncomfortable so we'd do anything to get it over with.  :grouphug:   they are adding to your discomfort and willingness to go through labor just to get it over with.

either ignore/delete - or send out auto -reply's of "when I have something to announce, you'll hear."

or send out auto- on the hour, every hour, announcements of 1:00 and nothing to announce.  2:00 and nothing to announce, etc.  (and do it automatically to save your sanity, but make them nuts. :D )  because the announcements are automatic, they will continue even after you have entered labor and delivered and will only stop when you stop them.  when you're good and ready. ;)

or send out auto- on the hour, every hour, announcements of 1:00 and nothing to announce.  2:00 and nothing to announce, etc.  (and do it automatically to save your sanity, but make them nuts. :D )  because the announcements are automatic, they will continue even after you have entered labor and delivered and will only stop when you stop them.  when you're good and ready. ;)

I like the way you think.

either ignore/delete - or send out auto -reply's of "when I have something to announce, you'll hear."

or send out auto- on the hour, every hour, announcements of 1:00 and nothing to announce. 2:00 and nothing to announce, etc. (and do it automatically to save your sanity, but make them nuts. :D ) because the announcements are automatic, they will continue even after you have entered labor and delivered and will only stop when you stop them. when you're good and ready. ;)

Except it's mostly the person staying here with the older kids while I'm in the hospital. Can't exactly update after the fact on that one. :-)

It's stuff like, "Your brother and I are carpooling on X days so don't go into labor until we get home." Today was, "I have to go to a parent orientation on Y day, so if you are in the hospital <insert convoluted plans that are completely unnecessary>."

The best one was, "You can't have the baby on Wednesday because that's *your father's* birthday." Yeah, I know you two don't get along, but we're really gonna go there?

But yeah, everyone else can just wait. :-P

Except it's mostly the person staying here with the older kids while I'm in the hospital. Can't exactly update after the fact on that one. :-)

It's stuff like, "Your brother and I are carpooling on X days so don't go into labor until we get home." Today was, "I have to go to a parent orientation on Y day, so if you are in the hospital <insert convoluted plans that are completely unnecessary>."

The best one was, "You can't have the baby on Wednesday because that's *your father's* birthday." Yeah, I know you two don't get along, but we're really gonna go there?

hopefully, you'll have better luck than my sil who had TWO separate friends lined up to watch her kids when her youngest was born.  for nesting, she had to run errands then went home to call her friends.  this was before call-waiting.  she called repeatedly, but their lines were busy.  turns out - they were talking to each other about what they were going to do when sil went into labor.  she ended up delivering on the toilet at home.  at least there was an adult there, who wasn't in a position to take care of the kids.   just as the adult said "you know, this is an emergency and I can take you to the hospital" sil was ready to push and told her to just catch the baby.

my other sil had her first dd on her birthday.  which is also her ex-fil's bd.

For me, a comment like that would result in a snarky response said in my most sarcastic tone possible, "Yes, I'll be sure to tell him to wait until 3:42pm just to make sure you're home from XYZ."

:grouphug:   Why do mothers go insane when their daughters are pregnant?

hopefully, you'll have better luck than my sil who had TWO separate friends lined up to watch her kids when her youngest was born. for nesting, she had to run errands then went home to call her friends. this was before call-waiting. she called repeatedly, but their lines were busy. turns out - they were talking to each other about what they were going to do when sil went into labor. she ended up delivering on the toilet at home. at least there was an adult there, who wasn't in a position to take care of the kids. just as the adult said "you know, this is an emergency and I can take you to the hospital" sil was ready to push and told her to just catch the baby.

my other sil had her first dd on her birthday. which is also her ex-fil's bd.

What the what? That is a crazy story! OP, I wish we could just go into confinement for that last month, lay around and relinquish all responsibilities to everyone else.