Menu

Calling all practical low-maintenance moms - let's talk purses/bags

aggieamy

I love little pockets so created my own tote bag pattern that has turned into my carry all without being huge. It has six outside pockets and my friends love them so much I have a couple posted on etsy.com - 

Would you post the link, please?

Regards,

Kareni

Personally, I love real leather.  I tend to get a Fossil bag off of eBay every few years.  

Brand new, they're usually in the $100 range, but I can pick up a barely-used one on eBay for $20-40, depending on bag and popularity.

I was in a Vera Bradley outlet last week. I have always loved the pretty patterns, but not the price tag. The outlet had 30% off, so I was considering the Hipster bag. I read a review on my phone that said it was perfect for holding an iPad too. That sold me. I bought one and have been using it for a week. Then I got a coupon in an email. I was thinking I wouldn't use it since I just bought one until my sister told me she would really like one for her birthday. My coupon was for $20 off of $75 so I "HAD" to order me a second pattern along with my sister's gift to use the coupon and get free shipping. www.verabradley.com/product/Sale/All-Sale/Hipster/1001054/defaultColorVariantId/167369/pc/785/c/0/sc/729/p/1001054.uts

Sorry I don't see a way to embed the link on my ipad.

I'm using a messenger bag that I think is supposed to be a child's school bag.  I like it.  It has a gazillion interior pockets and tons of space.  It holds absolutely everything I need and then some.  In fact, yesterday I went to a homeschool meeting and managed to fit my full 3-inch planning binder in it in addition to what I already had in there (wallet, book, Kindle, water bottle, 2 Lara bars, and a variety of little things like chapstick and DS's meds.

I used a Victorinox sling bag like this one for the past ten years, including when DS was a baby. It fit my wallet, keys, and phone in the front pocket, and his diaper, snack, and whatever other odds and ends he needed in the larger back pocket. It worked beautifully. Unfortunately, the zipper broke this year (and it's looking a little sad after ten years of abuse), so I've been debating for months about what to get next. I have a bag fetish (I love checking them all out, and looking through all those pockets!), although I tend to just carry the same one forever once I find one I like. But I'm particular, so it takes a while...

Right now I am seriously considering asking for this Tom Bihn bag for Christmas. Roomy, easy to carry, specific separate bag for my knitting (bonus!)...

I've also considered the (small) Overland Placer, the (medium) Overland Ellis, the (larger) Overland Donner, and the Patagonia Minimass.

I have the Donner bag and really like it.

I used a Victorinox sling bag like this one for the past ten years, including when DS was a baby. It fit my wallet, keys, and phone in the front pocket, and his diaper, snack, and whatever other odds and ends he needed in the larger back pocket. It worked beautifully. Unfortunately, the zipper broke this year (and it's looking a little sad after ten years of abuse), so I've been debating for months about what to get next. I have a bag fetish (I love checking them all out, and looking through all those pockets!), although I tend to just carry the same one forever once I find one I like. But I'm particular, so it takes a while...

Right now I am seriously considering asking for this Tom Bihn bag for Christmas. Roomy, easy to carry, specific separate bag for my knitting (bonus!)...

I've also considered the (small) Overland Placer, the (medium) Overland Ellis, the (larger) Overland Donner, and the Patagonia Minimass.