Menu

If you love your cookware...

Aspasia

We have Saladmaster. The set is 22 years old now and still going strong. We have had to get a handle replaced once and also the cord attachment on the electric skillet - both were no charge. It is not light-weight and pricy, but I expect to get another twenty years out of it easily. It gets used daily around here and has held up beautifully.

I have the Rachael Ray cookware (hard anodized, w/the orange handles). I really like it. I wanted something not too heavy and dishwasher safe because the kids like to cook, and they are usually the dish doers. Although I'll bet that you can get a great deal on Paula Deen cookware now since I heard some stores are phasing it out. :D

I actually have a Kirkland Stainless set that I love. I got it maybe 5 years ago or so for Christmas and it's held up well. My only complaint is that I wish it had see through lids, it's hard to tell if water is boiling or something with the solid lids, but they may have changed that by now, and it's not hard to live with.

My inlaws got me this set of Food Network stainless steel a few years ago for Christmas. I love it very much. And Oh.My.Goodness, I had no *idea* how much it cost them until I just now googled it. Good grief, I know I've thanked them several times for it, but I'm going to have to mention it again. My word. I'd NEVER be able to bring myself to buy something that expensive! Ahem. Wow. Anyway...

In addition to that, I have a Lodge 12" cast iron pan, a Lodge 8 inch cast iron pan, and a Lodge griddle/grill pan. Between those and the stainless steel set, I feel very well equipped.

I have Kirkland and All Clad at home and Revere ware in the cabin. I like all 3. I really don't notice a big difference between the All Clad and my Kirkland other than the price. When I am at the cabin, I am completely fine cooking on the Revere ware but I grew up cooking on it, so it is just one of those things I don't have to think about.

I just remembered that my GO TO skillet, is Tramontina but it is the highest quality they make and cost about $40 8 or so years ago (high price for that brand then). I do not notice a difference between it and my larger All Clad, and since I use it more often, I think I actually like it better. SHHHHHHH :o

Like someone else said I do wish it had clear lids, but seriously it isn't a big deal without them either.

ETA: I cook from scratch but not fancy foods. If I was really into cooking specialty sauces or candies maybe I would find the All Clad better, but for basic down home cooking, the Kirkland works great. I cook on a glass top stove so maybe a gas stove would be different too.

Baking-Pampered Chef Stoneware. I am a stoneware junkie. Love it, love it, love it.

Stovetop-I have a couple of favorites. My cast iron dutch oven and a really large pan that I got at costco but I can't remember the brand. It is non-stick and has a glass lid.

For everyday pasta/sauce pans I have the Farberware from when I got married a couple of decades ago.

Cast iron, mostly Lodge, one or two pieces that are Bass Pro's generic brand (and no different from the Lodge, except in price). Love it, especially the dutch oven and the 15" skillet!

For stainless stock pots and sauce pots, my Revere and Farberware pots are 15 years old and going strong.

And for baking, I do like my Pyrex and Corelle casserole dishes.