Menu

Disney......

JFSinIL

1011067_10152925163425713_907624230_n.jpg :-) Us West Coast born and bred folks know which one WE mean! But seems most folks here post questions about visiting that Florida place....assuming a question about Disney MUST mean World. Could folks add "World" or "Land ( Resort!!" to their topic line?

See, I grew up knowing bedtime was after the fireworks, which we watched over the backyard fence at 9:20 each evening...then after high school I worked there, in the original park, for a year. What is this place in humid, buggy Florida folks persist in visiting?post-325-0-21780300-1371684784_thumb.jpg

post-325-0-21780300-1371684784_thumb.jpg

I don't want to start some tirade about which park is superior (since obviously I already know!) but do wish folks would note which park they are posting about in their topic line. Like I didn't - but then I wanted to reach everyone, not just Land or World folks.

I went to Disneyland before I went to Disney World so it's a favorite of mine. We live in FL and finally bought passes to DW and I will say we actually really enjoyed it this time. That might be because it's the only one we can reasonably go to now, though. :001_unsure:

It just depends on where you live.

I said Disney in CA and everyone knew I meant Disneyland, where I had APs for years and years and years. Now that I live in NC when I say Disney everyone assumes I mean Disney WORLD.

Well, I was born and bred smack dab in the middle of the country...and I love them BOTH!!!

LOL, I was actually having this discussion with someone today, as a matter of fact. We go to DW much more often than DL, but DL has my vote for the best castle, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Small World. I also love the Monsters, Inc area there.

And some of the food choices in the parks are better, too, even though they're fewer!

Oh, and my whole family loves the Carousel of Progress! We were looking at a model home once, and I said to everyone, "Hey you guys, what does this house remind you of?" Think of it having a Christmas tree over there and a turkey in the oven..." Everyone guessed it---the Carousel of Progress House!!! The kids quoted it all the way home! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Annoying theme song, but neat show lol.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

Too much for you? How about this one:

It's a small world after all

It's a small, small world

Shining at the end of every day.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, and tomorrow is just a dream away.....man has a dream and that's the start, he follows his dream, with mind and heart, and when it becomes a reality.......

Gee, thanks......

Oh, anyone actually old enough to remember this one?

Now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life........

If you don't......here it is for your enjoyment!

Too much for you? How about this one:

It's a small, small world

I don't want to start some tirade about which park is superior (since obviously I already know!) but do wish folks would note which park they are posting about in their topic line. Like I didn't - but then I wanted to reach everyone, not just Land or World folks.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Mr. Ellie was born in San Diego. He and his family went to DisneyLAND the first year it was opened, and multiple times after that.

I grew up in Virginia, long before Disney World existed. Micky Mouse Club, Sunday night Disneyland/World of Color/whatever it was called, Shaggy Dog, Old Yeller, Sleeping Beauty, the whole thing. Never imagined I'd get to go to Disneyland--no one I personally knew had ever been, and we didn't travel much, lol--but to my great and everlasting joy, I moved to California when I was 16 and went to Disneyland for the first time.

Mr. Ellie and I went there on our honeymoon almost 39 years ago. We have averaged once a year ever since. We both still feel the magic every time we are there. :D It has become so expensive, though, that except for taking our grandson there on his fifth bday in 2015, it is not likely that we'll go there very often in the future. We can go to Disney World for much less (family near Orlando where we can stay for free, and they have an extra vehicle we can use, and Southwest Airlines has extremely CHEAP fares between there and Austin), so that will probably be it. I'm sure we'll love it, especially with Epcot and all that, but DisneyLAND will always have our hearts. :-)

But yeah, folks need to put WDW or Disneyland in their subject lines, for crying out loud, lol.

for NJ people there is only 1 Disney and Disneyworld even has a New Jersey week. We have not gone that week but often when we do go, we run into people we know from here in NJ. Once dd's doctor and his family was on our plane and then they even stayed a the same resort as us and no we did not bother him with any medical questions lol. When I was in my 20's I lived in Los Angeles and went to Disneyland all the time. I remember when the gondalas were there that took you high up over the park (I have heard that they are now gone).

I've only ever been to Disneyland (in fact, that was our senior class trip back in the day!), so that it always the one I imagine. I think most people on this board are referring to Disney World. Makes me feel kind of sad for the ol' Disneyland!

Well, JFS we must have lived pretty darn close to each other because every summer night in the 70's was spent on our roof in Garden Grove watching the fireworks.

Disneyland is where my heart is, but since I now live closer to Disneyworld, I'll be heading there this year 35 years after my last visit. Still excited! Luckily, we have remaining relatives in CA so I have an excuse to head back over there too!

See, I grew up knowing bedtime was after the fireworks, which we watched over the backyard fence at 9:20 each evening...then after high school I worked there, in the original park, for a year. What is this place in humid, buggy Florida folks persist in visiting?post-325-0-21780300-1371684784_thumb.jpg

Me too! We could see the fireworks from our back yard. I also worked there during college (weekends, casual seasonal) and summers! Storybook boats and then the shops on Main Street and Tomorrowland. Long Ago. 1975-1979.

My dad drove the steam train part time in Disneyland's first years. He was a school administrator by day.

So, what high school did you attend?

Ya know, out of the many times I've been to The World, I've only stopped to take a ride on the Carousel of Progress within the last two years! It's a pretty neat little show. Annoying theme song, but neat show lol.

CoP is my FAVORITE attraction ever.

Shining at the end of every day!

I've never been to DL, but WDW about 15 or so times. James Bond and I went for our honeymoon (it was his first trip there) and have gone back for a few anniversaries, plus a couple of Indy's birthdays. When we move to WA (later this summer), I guess we'll try out DL. Oh, we've been to DLP (Disneyland Paris) 3 times and are going again in 2 weeks! It has the largest of all the Magic Kingdom of all the Disney parks. Sadly though, it has no CoP. It does however have a mechanical dragon underneath Belle's castle that is pretty awesome, a Casey Junior Train and a boat ride through Fairytale Land, which we love.

Well, JFS we must have lived pretty darn close to each other because every summer night in the 70's was spent on our roof in Garden Grove watching the fireworks.

Disneyland is where my heart is, but since I now live closer to Disneyworld, I'll be heading there this year 35 years after my last visit. Still excited! Luckily, we have remaining relatives in CA so I have an excuse to head back over there too!

1962 - summer 1974 just off Glassel near Taft in Orange - in '74 we moved to the speck of Orange out at the (then) end of Taft in Villa Park...no more fireworks that far out, but driving to work at Disney was a straight shot down Taft (which turned into Ball at some point).

might add, someday will get to D.World...when my folks pass on and I don't have to go to California to see them...and when Potter expansion at Universal is complete! More excited to see that than D.World!

And I always thought they should have just run Carousel of Progress backward since nuts to the "progress", I enjoyed seeing the old stuff, how folks used to live!

Shining at the end of every day.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, and tomorrow is just a dream away.....man has a dream and that's the start, he follows his dream, with mind and heart, and when it becomes a reality......."

it's a dream come true for you and me!

I loved that magical building that turned around the stage!

Me too! We could see the fireworks from our back yard. I also worked there during college (weekends, casual seasonal) and summers! Storybook boats and then the shops on Main Street and Tomorrowland. Long Ago. 1975-1979.

My dad drove the steam train part time in Disneyland's first years. He was a school administrator by day.

So, what high school did you attend?

We worked there at the same time! Remember getting a meal at the Inn Between? I may have served you!

YES! I love the old stuff. It's so funny. They really need to update the future though as it's pretty out of date.

C of P is my favorite attraction, too! I adore that ride. Even more so when I learned that the song, "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is about Walt Disney himself. A little homage to him from the Sherman brothers. Now when I listen to it...I get a little teary. *sniff*

We worked there at the same time! Remember getting a meal at the Inn Between? I may have served you!

I only ate there twice in all that time. Jungleland was too far from Tomorrowland and used up all of the break time to get there and back.

Did you go back to the park on your days/evening off and go dancing? We enjoyed the big bands at the Carnation stage.

Now, for you really old timers...

Does anyone else remember when Disneyland had the pack mule attraction where you rode mules on a trail?

Did any of you get a real Mickey Mouse Club membership card at the clubhouse on Main Street? Mine is dated 1962!