Menu

Grapes and Raisins ...

Luanne

Grapes and Raisins   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like grapes, raisins, or both?

• grapes
    • raisins
    • both
    • neither
  2. 2. Do your children like grapes, raisins, or both?

• they all like both
    • they all like neither
    • some like only one or the other
    • other

We were just talking about this with my family the other day. My father and I both like and eat both grapes and raisins. My daughter will only eat grapes and my mother will only eat raisins. My sister (who doesn't live with us) also will only eat raisins. My brothers (also elsewhere) will eat both .. actually they will eat just about anything in the food catagory just like my father.

How about your family?

Only raisins for me. It's a texture thing. I only eat cooked carrots and cooked tomatoes too. Can't stand the raw ones, unless they are mixed in with something else that has a different texture. Then sometimes they are OK.

But I don't liked cooked raisins, and I do like grape juice. Go figure!

I'm not fond of raisins because of the texture, but my kids all like both. My kids are especially fond of frozen grapes in the summer time. But then, they're especially fond of any frozen fruit in the summer time.

I like both. But I am not a fan of golden raisins (unless they have been soaked in rum). My son likes both. My daughter likes grapes and golden raisins. She will only eat black raisins if they are baked in something.

We all like grapes. Kids and DH prefer seedless; I like to spit seeds. DD the Elder and her father will eat raisins, as will I in baked goods (though I prefer currants). DD the Younger used to throw up if she got a raisin, but is mostly better about it now.

we like grapes, raisins, sultanas and currents. Here in Australian raisins are the really big dried red grapes, sultanas are made from green sultana grapes and I think are what most North Americans refer to as raisins, and currents are the really small grapes. Raisins are very expensive- over $11 per kg. se we mostly buy sultanas.

I like both, but only like raisins as an ingredient. I'm not a fan of eating them by themselves. All of my kids like grapes, although some only like them if they're frozen. Three of them don't like raisins under any circumstances, but one will tolerate them in broccoli salad if I've run out of sunflower seeds and need a quick substitute.

We all like grapes and not raisins. Well, occasionally ds1 gets a craving for raisins but this only happens about every couple of years and it's only plain raisins out of a box. And once he's had a few he no longer cares for raisins until another couple of years have passed. No one likes raisins as an ingredient although it doesn't bother me too much if it's bread or cookies--obviously made by someone else since we are a non-raisin household.