Menu

Help me pick which dress to wear for prom!

Michelle My Bell

Oh, fun, fun! But, it IS Fri evening, so you're already dressed and there! If I would have seen this earlier, I would have said that both are nice! The one on the left is traditional, conservative, sophisticated and very Jackie O - looking. The one on the right, while maintaining modesty, is a little more trendy, sassy, young-looking with the overall style and diagonal thing going - like that too. The are both nice and am now headed to your update to see which one you chose! Lovely girls and a great choice!

Hi everyone, this is Michelle (mom). What is funny is the dress on the left is a $5 find from the Goodwill. She altered it to fit better and added the sash. We picked that up at an estate sale this past summer. Since is like a belt I think she is going to permanently attach it to the front so it doesn't go all the way around her.

So you all think the sash looks good with the dress. It is too plain without it but I wasn't sure if it looked strange or not. Thanks for your thoughts.

The lines of that dress are fabulous and I would be curious to see it without the sash, but maybe some great jewelry. With so many of the prom dresses being sort of Kim Kardashian and bling-like, this would stand out in a different way- classic, timeless. What a find!

The left looks like it is more well-made, out of nicer fabric. The sash is beautiful.

Nina on Project Runway would say it "looks expensive".

And the quality of it makes it look more sophisticated (in a good way).

*And* it fits perfectly.

Plus - THRIFT SCORE!!! How cool is that?

I have to say, when I saw the dress on the left, I immediately heard Nina's voice in my head saying "looks expensive!"