Menu

I bought a Proclick!

What all do you use them for? I have a comb binding machine at work, and was looking at Proclicks earlier today for the house, but I'm just not sure how much I'd actually use it.

I have tons of PDF's on my computer that I want to use it on. MM, some IEW stuff, CM style grammar books... I hate printing a page a day and if I print a bunch at one time they will get lost (my luck). Binding them is the perfect solution. I've also found through much trial and error that binders aren't as user friendly as I once thought.

I have tons of PDF's on my computer that I want to use it on. MM, some IEW stuff, CM style grammar books... I hate printing a page a day and if I print a bunch at one time they will get lost (my luck). Binding them is the perfect solution. I've also found through much trial and error that binders aren't as user friendly as I once thought.

I agree about the binders.

I love spirals b/c they lay flat but it's such a hassle to get my stuff spiral bound only to be stuck and unable to add or change pages.

The Proclick let's you do that right? I'm assuming it's similar to a GBC comb binding but looks nicer?

I love spirals b/c they lay flat but it's such a hassle to get my stuff spiral bound only to be stuck and unable to add or change pages.

The Proclick let's you do that right? I'm assuming it's similar to a GBC comb binding but looks nicer?

Yes, Proclick allows you to add and take out papers.

I just looked at these. I've been thinking of buying one. I need it for a lot of things, but mostly for MM. I have their work in three-ring binders, but it's awkward for them to work in them. I need this! What size does everyone have, or am I looking at things wrong? I see some with different sizes that hold up to different amounts of pages. Are those just the parts that you buy, but the machine works for all sizes? I'm really new to these and have no idea what I've been looking at.

The machine punches the holes. You buy the binding that comes with a tool to snap it on or off. The binding comes in different sizes that hold different amounts of pages.

I almost bought some covers but decided to use card stock. My goal is to put the papers in a box when the "book" is finished and reuse the binding. The covers are pretty but aren't necessary for us. I'm using them as a more kid manageable version of a binder/workbook.

I just looked at these. I've been thinking of buying one. I need it for a lot of things, but mostly for MM. I have their work in three-ring binders, but it's awkward for them to work in them. I need this! What size does everyone have, or am I looking at things wrong? I see some with different sizes that hold up to different amounts of pages. Are those just the parts that you buy, but the machine works for all sizes? I'm really new to these and have no idea what I've been looking at.

The punch makes the holes in the paper, then buy buy spines. The actual pro-click spines come in 3 sizes, the largest holds about 150 pieces of paper. These you can open and close.

You can also use 3:1 spirals, which are cheaper and come in a wide variety of sizes. These you cannot open and close.

For covers I use report covers sometimes. I mostly use pocket folders cut in two(you have to cut a little off the top to fit in the machine).

I invested about 100.00 in mine, with machine and 2 sizes of spiral coils. I since found some of the large pro-click spines on sale and use mostly those these days.

Another thing I didn't know I "needed" until I found these forums... Thanks for the heads up on the Office Depot coupon! It was $62.99 in store for me too before the 30% discount.

PP, 40 miles = at least 2 gallons of gas which would be more than $7 savings! :)

Yeah, I should have just waited 30 min and then I would have seen the post. About the cheaper in store price! Oh well, it's being delivered to my door today...

proclick came in 30 in ago and I made my first little book! It's just colored paper bound together to make a drawing pad for my son, but it was fun to do! Laminated front and back to protect it. Can't wait to do more! Even my son is excited!

I can't believe the things the last couple of months cause of reading this board! Will make homeschooling more organized for sure. Laminator, laser printer, and now the proclick!

What do you all do for covers? So far I just use cardstock for covers, but I would like something sturdier. I am just too cheap to buy it.

I use old folders instead of discarding them. I leave them just a little bigger than the paper. I then apply a label to the front to indicate what book it is.

I guess I know where I'll be heading tomorrow! Ugh, like I need to spend more money. Ours is $59 in the store, or so the person told me on the phone, he was unsure of which one I was talking about... anyway...

For those who have used proclick for workbooks, how have you had the spines removed?

I bought mine today :D It was $54.99 at my local Office Depot & I used the 30% off coupon (from their website), the total came to $38.49 before tax.

I can't wait to try it :)

I'm still sick I so overpaid by buying it online....

I"ve made several books so far and I'm loving it. I had been printing Math mammoth sheets as I need them to avoid a pile of loose papers but now I can be more organized. I printed out all I will need for the rest of the year and divided them into categories. When I want a certain topic I just grab that book. It's all together and very neat, with front and back covers laminated to keep it neat and clean. I top spiraled them for easier use.

love it love it love it!

I just wish I could get bigger spines without having to buy a hundred of them at one time.

Thanks for the coupon info. My husband bought a crafty type binding machine for me but I don't really care for it. I felt too guilty to buy the proclick until now.

Can you cut the binding to make smaller sized books? Like 5" in height etc.

I've got a coil binder, but it's a pain. I have a separate tool that I have to use to punch the holes and it takes forever. Now I'm trying to decide if it's worth the 30 min drive to Office Depot.

Thanks for the coupon info. My husband bought a crafty type binding machine for me but I don't really care for it. I felt too guilty to buy the proclick until now.

Can you cut the binding to make smaller sized books? Like 5" in height etc.

Yes, they cut easily. Since I'm doing top binding I have to trim it a little.

For the pp who wants a laminator, watch amazon for sales. I got mine for less than $20 a few months ago. I think $16.99 or something like that. Very worth it!

I called our local Office Depot and they said they don't carry ProClick. Anyone have this problem?

I would call them back and ask somebody else. Tell them it is in their online store and it says there that they are available in stores.

if that doesn't work I'd ask a friend that lives elsewhere to check at their office depot for you. It's definetly worth it to get it at the store over buying it online.

I called our local Office Depot and they said they don't carry ProClick. Anyone have this problem?

You can go online and go to the proclick , then look to the right and it has a button to find in nearby store. Put your zipcode in and you will see stores near you that have it and the quantities at the store. I did this before driving the short 10 min to my store. I just wanted to make sure, it said there were two and when I got there there were 2.

I was looking at these today at the store. It says on the box it punches 6 pages at a time - is that true? I get the kids' workbooks spiral-bound sometimes, and a proclick would save $$ over the years, but if I have to spend all day punching it doesn't seem worth it.

I was looking at these today at the store. It says on the box it punches 6 pages at a time - is that true? I get the kids' workbooks spiral-bound sometimes, and a proclick would save $$ over the years, but if I have to spend all day punching it doesn't seem worth it.

I've only done six pages at a time, I don't think it would do more too well. It goes fast, I have found. I would suggest getting large coils, it's hard to get paper on the little ones, it keeps coming off. That takes more time then punchin the holes.

My husband was amazed at how this thing works. He kept saying, "Cool, that is so cool!"

We put together books for Math (Math Mammoth), Geography (US maps & state pages), Poetry Memory Work, Poetry Study (Evan-Moor), Spelling (AAS -- teacher guide + student writing paper), Copywork (StartWrite), Writing with Ease (teacher pages in one, student pages in the other). I print out and laminate front and back covers, then ProClick it all together into a lovely book.

We have also made up books of our school projects using our ProClick. We take photos of our History projects (for example), then print out some pages of the photos with captions. Put it all together in a ProClick book (with laminated covers), and there's a nice way to review and enjoy the memories.

I've also made up little booklets using unlined, white 3 x 5 index cards and ProClick spines for our Bible memory work. And we have another little booklet using pastel 3 x 5 cards for our doctrine memory work. ProClick is a big help around here! :)

We used to use 3-ring binders, but they were too awkward for a child to write in -- not to mention taking up too much space on our table x 3 students! -- and I was wearing out with taking a page out, putting a page back in, taking a page out, putting a page back in.... They also take up a lot of space on our shelves.

ProClick allows me to get so much preparation done before the school year begins. All the pages are printed, punched, and bound in whatever size spine is needed. If for some reason we need to take out or add in a page, the spines are easy to open and close.

I used a comb binder when I worked in an office. I like ProClick better.

For example, to prepare for Geography -- I printed out all of our maps and state pages, and punched them. I made front and back covers, laminated them, and punched them. Put it all together with a spine, and -- voila! -- a lovely book for Geography. Each week it is ready to go.

Because the ProClick books are a little "floppy" compared to 3-ring binders, I do put some of them in a basket on the shelf. So in our basket for 2nd Grade English we have two PC books for WWE (teacher; student), two PC books for spelling (teacher; student), one for homophones (All About Homophones), and one for Latin copywork, plus some other things that are not ProClicked. In our Kindergarten basket, we have 2 PC books for copywork (two because we have twins) and 2 PC books for Spelling, plus some other things that are not ProClicked. I just set both baskets on the floor near my chair and work from them.

I like using the PC books because the student can fold them under, so they take up less table space. You can't do that with most binders. HTH.

What do you all do for covers? So far I just use cardstock for covers, but I would like something sturdier. I am just too cheap to buy it.

I use pocket folders for covers. I cut them down the middle and I usually have to trim a bit off the top. Works great for us, but if you want something sturdier than cardstock, it may not work for you.