Menu

My niece is turning 9, and I need to buy her a gift. Any ideas?

My niece is a sweet public schooled third grader. She's having her ninth birthday party in two weeks.

I like my nieces; my husband's stepbrother has three girls They're all really cute. The birthday girl is the oldest.

What are girls into these days at 9 years old? Are they into clothes yet, or mostly toys? I haven't a clue, over here with just little boys. :D

Help me, please.

My 9 year old has outgrown toys. She loves drawing and journaling though. Her favorite bday gifts were colored gel pens, markers, paints, journal, drawing pads. She also loves games. The game Headbands is really fun, and a big hit in our house. She also loves her Crayola art projector (so do her siblings).

She also loves lotions, fun lipgloss/chapsticks, hair accessories, etc. That might be trickier though, depending on if her parents allow that.

My niece is in 2nd grade, and she loves books. We were over there shortly before Christmas and she was reading me an old Peanuts comic book, so for Christmas I got her s Calvin and Hobbes book and she LOVED it. She also loves the series that are made for that age, like The Babysitters Club, and books by Roald Dahl. We have always liked getting our nieces and nephews books as gifts.

Good luck!!

I have an eight year old daughter. Favorite gifts to give and receive--journals, sketch books, magic markers, colored pencils, paint, paint brushes, crafty stuff--chenille sticks, colorful rubber bands, glue, colorful card stock, fun scissors, anything that can be made into a book...

She also loves to read--fairy books, Little House books, All of a Kind Family, Trixie Belden, Percy Jackson

She is also into clothes--anything with ruffles seems to be a trend.

DD is 8 and still loves toys - specifically all things Lalaloopsie, especially the small ones. They get played with far more than the big ones.

I'll second Headbands for a game and add Scrambled States of America as another game suggestion.

She also loved (and I mean LOVED) completing the Dr. Seuss Book About Me.

For crafts, she really enjoys making friendship bracelets.

DD is 8 and still loves toys - specifically all things Lalaloopsie, especially the small ones. They get played with far more than the big ones.

I'll second Headbands for a game and add Scrambled States of America as another game suggestion.

She also loved (and I mean LOVED) completing the Dr. Seuss Book About Me.

For crafts, she really enjoys making friendship bracelets.

That Dr. Seuss Book is NEAT.

At that age, and this time of year, my girls loved getting things like:

hula hoops, bubbles and cool bubble blowers, jump ropes, skip toys (similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Ball-colors-may-vary/dp/B000ID32VI/ref=sr_1_182?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1361210216&sr=1-182&keywords=outdoor+toys ) my girls had some that had streamers that came out of the ball), They were also still into My little Ponies, and Polly Pockets at that age. They weren't big on the friendship bracelets or stuff like that. I agree w/ the nail polish though-my bathroom cabinets still need to be painted because of a nail polish "accident" from when they were 8!

Hey ladies who kids have done the seuss book; what size picture goes in the front? I have her current school picture, and I thought it would be fun to include the right size photo with the gift.

Wallet size

I have a niece turning 9 in two weeks and don't know what to get her. For Christmas I gave her one of those kits to grow butterflies, but I don't know whether they sent for the caterpillars yet. I usually have my dd's pick something out for their cousins: they have a better sense of it than I do.

The 8 year old liked:

a hamster ball shaped like a car

fashion plates

duct tape book for making purses and things

mechanical bank (the cat one on Amazon was a big deal here 2 years ago)

The 10 year old liked:

Crayola has some iron-ons where you can upload a picture and print it out on the iron-on

window cling set (you fill a clear plastic sheet with color and then pull away)

flavored lip balms

sparkly nail polish, the kind that makes ridges (magnetic), polish markers, or nail stickers/jewels