Menu

What do you wear day to day?

MommaOfalotta

This winter I have been wearing a fleece jacket over a base layer and either yoga or fleece pants.

I have pretty pair of flannel pajamas for sleeping.

I usually get all gussied up for work about 30 mins before I have to be there and get right back in my warmer, more comfortable clothes within minutes of returning home.

I need new clothes but I hate shopping or spending money on myself. I would love a personal shopper who could tell me what to wear.

Actually, I would love it if someone would nominate me for What Not To Wear.

I get dressed every day, right down to jewelery, but that's mainly because I work outside the home in the mornings! Nice jeans (I have dark rinse, black, and khaki) or simple skirts (a-line), with nice t-shirts or tops, almost always a sweater/cardigan right now because I am always freezing, and then boots or comfy flats. Summer/warmer weather is all about skirts or capris and nice tops/t-shirts, nice sandals. I have nice jewelery because my mom makes it as a hobby. Our office is, thankfully, fairly casual, so these clothes are fine.

I sleep in ancient sweats and a flannel shirt. I do have workout clothes (yoga pants, both long and cropped) but I wear those for working out.

For a long time, when I weighed a lot more than I do now, I didn't bother dressing very nicely. I also worked retail then, so I wore a uniform. It boosts my self esteem to look as nice as I can now, even with another 25-35 pounds to go! On weekends though, very relaxed... old jeans (once I'm out of the ancient sweats), layered t-shirts, Converse...

I wear yoga pants and an oversized shirt with sneaks on days I clean houses. Otherwise I wear jeans rolled at the bottom with ballet flats or converse. Tops are floral or plaid. I also wear 40s style dresses. In summer, dresses or peddle pushers and peasant tops with ballet flats or flips. I'm a touch rockabilly.

I usually wear a nice pair of jeans or trousers and a fitted t (long or short sleeve), a polo, or a slim fit sweater (I don't like bulky sweaters). In the summer it's jeans or capris and a fitted t or polo. When I leave the house, I throw on a pretty scarf (I have sooooo many) and cute shoes (ALWAYS CUTE SHOES!). Today I'm a little more casual in an older pair of jeans because it's bathroom cleaning day. Blech.