Menu

I'm toying with removing the reference to the "salad or appetizer first" troll thread in my signature

unsinkable

Oh, goodness! I missed that thread the first time, but I remember Springs from several other boards. She posts pretty much the same rant on any thread about food service. I recall Springs specifically from bitterwaitress many years ago, and I know I've encountered her unforgettable style elsewhere, as well. I wonder if it's all the same person or a bunch of trolls who go by Springs (much like we don't know whether Homer was one person or many...). I'm so disappointed I missed her appearance at WTM.

Oh, goodness! I missed that thread the first time, but I remember Springs from several other boards. She posts pretty much the same rant on any thread about food service. I recall Springs specifically from bitterwaitress many years ago, and I know I've encountered her unforgettable style elsewhere, as well. I wonder if it's all the same person or a bunch of trolls who go by Springs (much like we don't know whether Homer was one person or many...). I'm so disappointed I missed her appearance at WTM.

I didn't know she got around.

So funny.

Now *that* was fun! Splutterduck....Phantom Pooper...the Moderator's post...thanks for the laughs! :D

I tried to figure out your Red Lobster comment in your signature line, but couldn't. Now I get it!

The comment struck me as so funny that I added it that day but never removed it. It's like a line from a funny movie to me.

Well that escalated quickly. I'm glad the quotes are there because the edited/deleted posts make it tough to see what even started it all. And what would anyone have to fight about crockpots (cupcakes I understood but crockpots?)

Personal fave: "I like it the normal, traditional way. I don't understand why a salad would come first." This made me go :confused1: salad first isn't traditional?? Oh Betty Crocker cookbook, you've failed me *cries* And why would anyone want to eat cheese after dessert? I'll never be allowed to leave America, I'd look like a loon elsewhere.

Well that escalated quickly. I'm glad the quotes are there because the edited/deleted posts make it tough to see what even started it all. And what would anyone have to fight about crockpots (cupcakes I understood but crockpots?)

Personal fave: "I like it the normal, traditional way. I don't understand why a salad would come first." This made me go :confused1: salad first isn't traditional?? Oh Betty Crocker cookbook, you've failed me *cries* And why would anyone want to eat cheese after dessert? I'll never be allowed to leave America, I'd look like a loon elsewhere.

I think cheese IS dessert sometimes, right?

I have an 1950s Betty Crocker book that says a good hostess leaves a pack of cigarettes and matches at each person's place setting! LOL

Closing this thread while the troll who has currently registered four new identities within an hour goes to find her medication...

Best. Explanation. Ever.

Missed this thread the first time 'round - thanks for the laughter today!

•  

Hahaha! :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: I missed that one last year. Must have been my ill-conceived New Year's resolution to stop wasting my life on these darn boards! That's right up there will cupcake dysphoria. Hilarious stuff.

Oh! But probably you should keep the reference for all the folks who were part of that thread. Nostalgia.

I feel sorry for all the waiters and waitresses out there who have had the misfortune to be assigned to work her table.

One of the lawyers I once worked for seemed to think it was her job to make wait staff as miserable as it was possible to be. She would send soup back repeatedly for not being hot enough. Drink was too weak. Coffee was lukewarm. Fork had a spot on it. You name it. It was embarrassing to be out with her. :glare: