Menu

Anyone still waiting on PSAT scores?

We just got ours today. The public school where our dd tested at had an issue on test day. Our older dd was actually offered a re-take (I think they sub. an SAT and use that score for NM instead). We declined the re-take but our scores were probably held up a bit.

We got them Friday or Saturday (in middle GA), but we were out of town and had a neighbor getting the mail. Dd took it on Wednesday of the testing week at a small private school. I don't know if that would make a difference, though. I hope you get them soon and are happy with the results.

Still no score here in suburban IL. I called to see what was the hold up and they told me that the code was correct, but they weren't done mailing them yet. Really? How hard can this be. When I worked in IT, we would be able to process up to a half a million statements a day. The College Board is dealing with a whole lot less. Grrr!

Still no score here in suburban IL. I called to see what was the hold up and they told me that the code was correct, but they weren't done mailing them yet. Really? How hard can this be. When I worked in IT, we would be able to process up to a half a million statements a day. The College Board is dealing with a whole lot less. Grrr!

This is crazy. I am so sorry for you both.

((hugs))

Hope today's the day for you!

I feel for you - we're still waiting. Wonder if I should call them like you did just to check if the code was correct...I suppose I'll give it 'til Tuesday.

We are still waiting here. I am a bit annoyed because I gave my daugther the homeschool code for our state, which she said she filled in on the forms. However, the school counselor changed it after the fact and without telling us until after it was done. Now it appears we are at the mercy of the school and will get the scores whenever they decide, whereas I was hoping the results would come straight to our house since we used the homeschool code. Grrr.

We are still waiting here. I am a bit annoyed because I gave my daugther the homeschool code for our state, which she said she filled in on the forms. However, the school counselor changed it after the fact and without telling us until after it was done. Now it appears we are at the mercy of the school and will get the scores whenever they decide, whereas I was hoping the results would come straight to our house since we used the homeschool code. Grrr.

Oh, man. I would be so upset with her. I can't believe she thought that was a good idea. Tell her that you expect her to be available to you for guidance from now on, since she has decided that she is not (s/b NOW) responsible for your child's education;).

No scores here yet. We keep joking with my son that he didn't take it and went to a movie instead. After which he reminds us that he left his calculator there and the testing coordinator dropped it off for us (her son lives across the street from us.)

I'd be in their guidance office PDQ and wouldn't leave until they gave me my scores. They'd also know how I felt about their changing the code, but I'd try to be tactful about it as it MAY have been a mistake vs on purpose if someone truly thought a student messed up.

How frustrating for you still waiting! Did your student experience any incidents that may have flagged their exams or the center where they took the exam? When my dd took her Spanish Subject SAT last November she filled the bubbles on the wrong page and had to re do it again. We waited for at least three weeks longer than the rest see her results.

After checking the mail yesterday, I finally called the College Board to find out why ds's scores hadn't come yet. I was connected to a representative right away, and he figured out that my son hadn't put our home address on his test. They will take 3-5 business days to print out his score sheet and mail it, so we should get it at the end of next week.

Mystery solved! I'm so glad ds is only in 9th grade! I hope everyone else got their scores.

So funny! I called yesterday, too, and was told the same thing about the address. BUT, ds told me that he remembers clearly writing his home address in. He said it was the very first thing he completed on the form, and that the school where he took the test looked it over and said it was complete.

Strange...

I too called College Board yesterday, but I was told my ds wasn't even in the computer!! A bit disconcerting...thank goodness he's only in 10th, but honestly. The high school where he took it says they sent in his answer sheet to CB. My ds remembers using the homeschool code and writing in our home address. Now he's missing in the mist. CB says my case will be sent to the Resolution Department for a system search and they'll let me know in 5-7 business days. Somehow I don't feel confident they'll find him with all the strange anecdotes this year.

Question for those with CB experience: Is this kind of thing very unusual? or not so unusual, really? I think I'd be freaking out if he were a Junior ; )

Well, they finally came today.

As I said in my other post, I had called on December 27 to ask about my son's scores. Since they didn't come in the mail today, I called again. They said to give them a couple more days. Not ten minutes later UPS drove up and delivered them in an overnight package.

I asked the CB rep if a lot of homeschoolers had "forgotten" to fill in their home addresses, and he said that they had this year. I agree with you, Gina and Cave, that it sounds fishy.

And Pepper Potts, I have never heard of a student's information being lost. I'm sorry that happened to your son, and hope you can get it resolved.

Has anyone else gotten their late scores? The CB rep said that you can look at scores on January 15 even if you haven't gotten your paper report.

Well, they finally came today.

As I said in my other post, I had called on December 27 to ask about my son's scores. Since they didn't come in the mail today, I called again. They said to give them a couple more days. Not ten minutes later UPS drove up and delivered them in an overnight package.

I asked the CB rep if a lot of homeschoolers had "forgotten" to fill in their home addresses, and he said that they had this year. I agree with you, Gina and Cave, that it sounds fishy.

And Pepper Potts, I have never heard of a student's information being lost. I'm sorry that happened to your son, and hope you can get it resolved.

Has anyone else gotten their late scores? The CB rep said that you can look at scores on January 15 even if you haven't gotten your paper report.

I'm happy many of you have gotten them, albeit quite late.

I'm just so glad my ds is not a junior. CB said they definitely never received his answer sheet from the school. The counselor from the high school says they sent it in. So that's that, I guess. Ugh! Dh says to try to find a different high school to take it at next year. Which I suppose is only wise, given the incompetence, but I'm bummed because we wanted him to become familiar with the location so next year would go more smoothly.

Time to move on and focus on homeschooling this semester. We'll cross the PSAT bridge again next fall - hopefully successfully next time ; )

Congrats to all your dc for passing this milestone : )

I'm just so glad my ds is not a junior. CB said they definitely never received his answer sheet from the school. The counselor from the high school says they sent it in. So that's that, I guess. Ugh! Dh says to try to find a different high school to take it at next year. Which I suppose is only wise, given the incompetence, but I'm bummed because we wanted him to become familiar with the location so next year would go more smoothly.

Time to move on and focus on homeschooling this semester. We'll cross the PSAT bridge again next fall - hopefully successfully next time ; )

That really stinks! I wonder if someone deliberately took his out due to not liking homeschoolers or if it got set aside in a different pile and overlooked (still bad, but definitely different).

I'd be really furious - esp since there's nothing that can be done at this point. As you said, it's a good thing he's not a junior.

I'm happy many of you have gotten them, albeit quite late.

Congrats to all your dc for passing this milestone : )

This really stinks and I am sorry for you and your son. :grouphug: