Menu

Cozy music for sitting by the fire and knitting...

helena

Any suggestions? Right now I have the soundtrack to Pride and Prejudice playing. Doesn't have to be classical, just relaxing and/or winter-ish festive vibe. I'm looking forward to many peaceful and creative evenings this coming season!

We have Rhapsody, so I should have access to many suggestions.

Thanks! :001_smile:

This time of year? Nat King Cole's The Christmas Song CD (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire is the first song). Very soothing--love his voice. My disabled dd is non-verbal and music has a very calming effect on her. This CD is one that always soothes her. We also like his Unforgettable and anything by Diana Krall, but they're kind of jazzy--maybe not quite snuggly enough???

I'll second the George Winston recommendation. I always liked his December.

This time of year? Nat King Cole's The Christmas Song CD (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire is the first song). Very soothing--love his voice. My disabled dd is non-verbal and music has a very calming effect on her. This CD is one that always soothes her. We also like his Unforgettable and anything by Diana Krall, but they're kind of jazzy--maybe not quite snuggly enough???

I'll second the George Winston recommendation. I always liked his December.

George Winston piano music, especially Winter Into Spring.

Thanks! We have December on right now. :)

I ordered a bunch of battery operated votive candles and cleaned all our pretty glass holders. The house is glowing and I'm taking out the felt basket.

Aaahhhh...

Love Nat King Cole, good call!

Iron and Wine----Our Endless Numbered Days and/or The Shepherd's Dog

Sting-If On a Winter's Night

I've never heard of Iron and Wine, he has a cool sound! It reminds me of Nick Drake a little.

If we go that route, I'll add Nick Drake, Cocteau Twin, Cowboy Junkies, and The Frames.

Melancholy music has it's place in winter. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks everyone! We've been having fun checking out all the recommendations. I have Enya going right now... we'll see how it goes over. The peaceful music is starting to make my family go crazy. :lol:

We also gave a listen to the soundtrack for Atonement, (same folks who did P&P music). Nice!