Menu

Dd has a question for the Hive. Do you think popping your....

I don't know, I don't pop mine and it seems to me it would be very painful. You hear a similar sound when you are adjusted by a chiropractor, maybe it is like "adjusting" your phalanges? :laugh:

To clarify, it seems like forcing *my* knuckles to crack/pop/adjust would be painful. I would have edited but that function hasn't worked for me today.

I've been cracking my thumbs since fifth or sixth grade and my toes, ankles and knees for almost as long. It's a terrible habit that I've tried to break many times, but the pressure builds in the joints and I just can't break the habit. Heck, sometimes I'll just be walking and my toes crack with every step.

Mostly, it's not painful. There have been several times when I could crack my neck just by turning it to the side. Doesn't hurt. However, even though I didn't do anything different, I can no longer crack it. The pressure to do so just isn't there. Same with my lower back. If I were to force it, it probably would hurt.

I've been cracking my thumbs since fifth or sixth grade and my toes, ankles and knees for almost as long. It's a terrible habit that I've tried to break many times, but the pressure builds in the joints and I just can't break the habit. Heck, sometimes I'll just be walking and my toes crack with every step.

Mostly, it's not painful. There have been several times when I could crack my neck just by turning it to the side. Doesn't hurt. However, even though I didn't do anything different, I can no longer crack it. The pressure to do so just isn't there. Same with my lower back. If I were to force it, it probably would hurt.

Wow! So nice to hear from someone like me. I could have written this!

Wow! So nice to hear from someone like me. I could have written this!

I'll third this! I know it's a habit that drives people crazy (or grosses them out), so I try to be conscientious about when I pop, but most of my joints will go ahead and do it themselves. It doesn't hurt, because I don't force it, but my joints do begin to ache if they don't pop. Guarantee then that the next time I flex there will be a nice ricochet!

I'll third this! I know it's a habit that drives people crazy (or grosses them out), so I try to be conscientious about when I pop, but most of my joints will go ahead and do it themselves. It doesn't hurt, because I don't force it, but my joints do begin to ache if they don't pop. Guarantee then that the next time I flex there will be a nice ricochet!

Same here - I generally don't *try* to pop them, they just pop when I move.

I feel the same way. I do try not to be obnoxious about it, but once my knuckles (or neck, or whatever) decides they want to be cracked, I have to do it....like trying to ignore an itch!

I start to hurt if I don't pop. I pop my fingers, wrists, elbows, neck and back. I start to feel pressure that is only relieved by popping. My back is the worst. I can't imagine not popping it when it starts to hurt.

My mom always told me it would lead to fat knuckles, but I still have very tiny fingers and arms. :tongue_smilie:

I crack my knuckles , toes(just curl them while sitting at my desk and they all crack), my knees, and elbows lock up if I don't crack them sometimes, back and neck crack just by turning, or if I tilt my head to my shoulder on each side it usually cracks. My ankle crack everytime I rotate my ankle. It must run in the family because my sister's ankle crack with every step she takes, she can not sneak up on people because of it. My kids get the buildup of pressure too and crack their own joints or ask me to.