Menu

Once Upon A Time

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said the money would not be of much use to Emma. Does that mean something? He said it with a lot of conviction which made me feel he was not just keeping it for himself.

If Henry's father is Robin Hood, Is Emma Maid Marian? If he is Peter Pan, is she Wendy?

In the article it said they would reveal Prince Charming's real name. What does that mean? Who might he be?

He was a farm boy to start. His twin was sold to the king. Who could be farm boys in the stories? The Princess Bride?? LOL just joking. That movie is so wonderful I truly hope no one ever messes with it. OK so he was a farm boy raised by a single mom after his dad died I believe.

I can only think of Jack but he died so that can't be it.

All that being said, WHO IS EMMA? I had thought for a time that Henry's father was truly a "normal" human from our world, but that's not the case... so does this mean that Emma has a story world counterpart?

Funny you should ask that! I was thinking about this thread yesterday on my way to get my dd at work, before your post, and was beginning to think the same. If Emma doesn't have a story world counterpart, I think she will gain a story world counterpart. She was born there and is a princess (and for the record, I like old-fashioned princesses, I'm tired of the kick-butt female princess thing :glare: It's just way over the top anymore.).

So my theory is that she will get enchanted somehow and end up being The Swan Princess. I know the first names don't match up but the last name does. :D

I've not watched LOST but I hope they don't ruin this show. It's fun fantasy and clean. I love that I can watch it with my girls.

While I'd like to buy into the theory that Charming is Jack all grown up, esp given that Jack can be used as a nickname for John, if he did indeed give that to Snow as his name, I don't think he'll turn out to be Jack.

The Grimms version of Rapunzel indicates that she had twins. Even though the original version of the story had her with boy/girl, maybe they altered it and gave her twin boys that became Charming and Prince James?

Or maybe Charming is really nobody important, and only became important once he agreed to stand in for his dead twin and subsequently met Snow and became her Prince Charming.

I don't know what Neal Cassidy's story is, but I think he must have really loved Emma to care enough to want to know when the curse is broken. I look forward to that little family reunion.

I looked up the actors in Sunday's episode and the first episode of the season, and the guy who was at the beginning of the first ep is the same guy that plays Neal in Sunday's ep. Here's why I believe he's Bae:

If you remember, when Pinnochio asked Neal, "Do you believe in magic?" Neal evaded the question by saying something like, "Well, I can see that you do."

And when he looked in the box, he didn't jump back or say, "Whoa!" at what he saw, as someone seeing magic for the first time would. He seemed almost tense and resigned.

As far as who is Bae in Storyland? Bae is Bae. He isn't a whole 'nuther person--like Robin Hood or Peter Pan. He already has a story in Story Book Land: Rumple's son. And he has a story in our land: Unemployed thief, Henry's father.

I suppose the exception to this could be if he's a Lost Boy, as a PP said. Perhaps he found himself in our world, without his father. So, he went looking for his dad, and ended up in Neverland, where he didn't age for a few hundred years. Eventually, he wanted to grow up and came back to our world.

While I'd like to buy into the theory that Charming is Jack all grown up, esp given that Jack can be used as a nickname for John, if he did indeed give that to Snow as his name, I don't think he'll turn out to be Jack.

The Grimms version of Rapunzel indicates that she had twins. Even though the original version of the story had her with boy/girl, maybe they altered it and gave her twin boys that became Charming and Prince James?

Or maybe Charming is really nobody important, and only became important once he agreed to stand in for his dead twin and subsequently met Snow and became her Prince Charming.

I don't know what Neal Cassidy's story is, but I think he must have really loved Emma to care enough to want to know when the curse is broken. I look forward to that little family reunion.

It has been a statement that rapunzel would be used so that is possible as well except...Her husband was a prince as well and Charmings mother sure did not strike me as a Rapunzel type. Then again in the original Rapunzel wasn't her prince blinded and they ran off together becoming poor?

They have really added so many twists to stuff it is hard to tell!

It has been a statement that rapunzel would be used so that is possible as well except...Her husband was a prince as well and Charmings mother sure did not strike me as a Rapunzel type. Then again in the original Rapunzel wasn't her prince blinded and they ran off together becoming poor?

No, they ended up back in his kingdom. Yeah, his mother turned out to be an ogre and wanted to eat the babies, but she ended up being defeated and the prince got to be king and happily ever after.

Emma is also Emma - she doesn't have a story in Storyland, she was Snow/Charming's baby there, then she grew up here. Any story she would have had there would have happened in her teens (as story princesses go), when she was here running around with Neal, stealing stuff, and having Henry.

Hey - if Bae ended up a stray 14-yr-old in a non-magic place, using his wits to survive - could that make him a street rat? Aladdin?

Aladdin could be a real possiblity since that character is scheduled to make an appearance this season. If August's box carried the magic lamp, it would have proven that August knew who he was, and why Neal cooperated.

http://onceuponatime.wikia.com/wiki/Baelfire

Bae was 14 when he ran off so he would be 14 or more years older than Emma I don't see him as Henrys dad unless he somehow became a Lost Boy where he didn't age.

I think he'd be way more than 14 years older than Emma (unless that Lost Boy thing figures in, which I kind of like).

It seems with the Hook story they're hinting that Rumple's "real" life during the Ogre wars (before the Dark One) was a long time before the "current" time in Storyland. He said to Hook that he'd live forever. Hook left Storyland for Neverland, where he also wouldn't age.

And Rumple as the Dark One had already been around for a long time by the time he met Regina (when Snow was just a child) - remember he said he also trained Cora (another whole generation before that), so Bae had already left Storyland long before that (it wasn't long after Rumple became the Dark One?), and after that Snow still had to mature to adulthood and have Emma.

So, it would only work if he'd ended up a Lost Boy after coming here, or he'd actually likely be long dead (unless the time streams run differently a la Narnia, but from what we're seeing with Snow/Emma going back, it seems they run in parallel - they also froze for 28 years).

I think he'd be way more than 14 years older than Emma (unless that Lost Boy thing figures in, which I kind of like).

It seems with the Hook story they're hinting that Rumple's "real" life during the Ogre wars (before the Dark One) was a long time before the "current" time in Storyland. He said to Hook that he'd live forever. Hook left Storyland for Neverland, where he also wouldn't age.

And Rumple as the Dark One had already been around for a long time by the time he met Regina (when Snow was just a child) - remember he said he also trained Cora (another whole generation before that), so Bae had already left Storyland long before that (it wasn't long after Rumple became the Dark One?), and after that Snow still had to mature to adulthood and have Emma.

So, it would only work if he'd ended up a Lost Boy after coming here, or he'd actually likely be long dead (unless the time streams run differently a la Narnia, but from what we're seeing with Snow/Emma going back, it seems they run in parallel - they also froze for 28 years).

I agree. I :001_wub: the idea of Neal being Bae simply because of the difficulties that will inevitably arise from it. But unless they work him in as a Lost Boy, I just don't see how it would work b/c of the ages. Neal didn't look all that much older than Emma - mid-20s maybe?

Of course, Hook did say that there were lots of Lost Boys in Neverland. Do you think he'd recognize Neal as a Lost Boy if they met in Storybrooke?

No, they ended up back in his kingdom. Yeah, his mother turned out to be an ogre and wanted to eat the babies, but she ended up being defeated and the prince got to be king and happily ever after.

Emma is also Emma - she doesn't have a story in Storyland, she was Snow/Charming's baby there, then she grew up here. Any story she would have had there would have happened in her teens (as story princesses go), when she was here running around with Neal, stealing stuff, and having Henry.

Really! I read a different Rapunzel then lol! There are probally tons anyway. I understand that Emma had no part in story land I wonder who she would have been though!

I have read on a bunch of interviews and pages that they cannot use Peter Pan due to copyrights. The character hook had different copyrights than Peter Pan so they could use him. I don't think he is Peter Pan Bae possibly but not Peter.

He could be a Lost Boy there were many so that wouldn't be hard but the show could not use Peter Pan.

Well, that makes sense. OK, I change my vote to him being a lost boy then ;)

I looked up the actors in Sunday's episode and the first episode of the season, and the guy who was at the beginning of the first ep is the same guy that plays Neal in Sunday's ep. Here's why I believe he's Bae:

If you remember, when Pinnochio asked Neal, "Do you believe in magic?" Neal evaded the question by saying something like, "Well, I can see that you do."

And when he looked in the box, he didn't jump back or say, "Whoa!" at what he saw, as someone seeing magic for the first time would. He seemed almost tense and resigned.

As far as who is Bae in Storyland? Bae is Bae. He isn't a whole 'nuther person--like Robin Hood or Peter Pan. He already has a story in Story Book Land: Rumple's son. And he has a story in our land: Unemployed thief, Henry's father.

I suppose the exception to this could be if he's a Lost Boy, as a PP said. Perhaps he found himself in our world, without his father. So, he went looking for his dad, and ended up in Neverland, where he didn't age for a few hundred years. Eventually, he wanted to grow up and came back to our world.

Bold mine-

Yes, I agree, but they have given two identities to some people. For example, Rumplestiltskin is also the Beast in Beauty and The Beast, so maybe they will twist Bae's story around.

Bold mine-

Yes, I agree, but they have given two identities to some people. For example, Rumplestiltskin is also the Beast in Beauty and The Beast, so maybe they will twist Bae's story around.

He was also the gator that took Hooks hand!

Maybe they're going to make him be the bad guy in every fairy tale? :lol:

One thing I noticed that no one else has mentioned yet is that they seem to be trying to link not only Aurora and Henry, but Aurora's prince (what was his name?) and Henry. At the end of season one, when they see the magic smoke coming and Emma asks what it is, Henry says, "Something bad." At the beginning of season two, when Aurora asks her prince what's coming, the prince says, "Something bad," with exactly the same voice inflection. With the other link between Aurora and Henry in the dream, I doubt that's a coincidence.

It doesn't sound like much on paper, but when you watch the two episodes and pay attention, it's like the writers are waving their arms and yelling, "Hey! Hey! Look at this!" No idea what the link could be, but it's definitely there.

Maybe Henry somehow went to FTL and back in time and is Aurora's prince, and when they inevitably wake him from the curse, they can have three generations of family all the exact same age. ;):tongue_smilie:

One thing I noticed that no one else has mentioned yet is that they seem to be trying to link not only Aurora and Henry, but Aurora's prince (what was his name?) and Henry. At the end of season one, when they see the magic smoke coming and Emma asks what it is, Henry says, "Something bad." At the beginning of season two, when Aurora asks her prince what's coming, the prince says, "Something bad," with exactly the same voice inflection. With the other link between Aurora and Henry in the dream, I doubt that's a coincidence.

It doesn't sound like much on paper, but when you watch the two episodes and pay attention, it's like the writers are waving their arms and yelling, "Hey! Hey! Look at this!" No idea what the link could be, but it's definitely there.

Maybe Henry somehow went to FTL and back in time and is Aurora's prince, and when they inevitably wake him from the curse, they can have three generations of family all the exact same age. ;):tongue_smilie:

That would be very interesting! I like it!!

Aurora's prince, the prince from "Sleeping Beauty", is Prince Phillip.

There may be some link, but I don't think Henry is Prince Phillip.

Hurley, Apollo bars, and...something I can't remember now! We caught it, too!

Oh duh, Hurley! lol

We caught a character saying something that they always say on LOST, but I can't recall what it was.

I'll check the site I mentioned upthread--it's fantastic for catching every.little.reference. ETA--oops, it was on the other OUAT thread.

Oh duh, Hurley! lol

We caught a character saying something that they always say on LOST, but I can't recall what it was.

I'll check the site I mentioned upthread--it's fantastic for catching every.little.reference. ETA--oops, it was on the other OUAT thread.

Doh! The title:Tallahassee. That was a LOST reference, too, I'm sure!

This is totally unrelated to the Henry Dad suggestion.

But I found this youtube video with an interested theory on one or two people on the show.

I loved that!!! It makes alot of sense of some things of course we are trying to make any sense of this show so it could all be crazy but I like it!!

I have a theory about what was in the box but I'm not sure if it's valid. Rumple's knife. I can't remember when August got it though, but it would be something that Bae would recognize quickly.

I don't believe August ever had the knife. he tried to con Rumple into giving it to him or something like that in season 1

Wowza. I feel like I must not even really be watching this show!!! I'd have to replay it forever to get all these details lined up. I'm glued to the screen and seeing nothing compared to everyone else?!:lurk5:

OMG! I totally feel like this! I am reading the thread going ... "what now...? who...? wait, wha...?" :willy_nilly:

I have a theory about what was in the box but I'm not sure if it's valid. Rumple's knife. I can't remember when August got it though, but it would be something that Bae would recognize quickly.

Rumple had the knife in the first episode of the season. He used it to summon the dementor/ring wraith thing to go after Regina. And from what I remember, that knife is the only thing that can kill him, so I'm guessing he doesn't just leave it lying around.