Menu

Help, there is no coffee in the house. . .what would you do?

well, except for this yucky rasberry, artificial tasting stuff that I got for a gift. What would you do? The local shop is about a mile away, so round trip it would take 10 minutes.

1. Leave the oldest two sleeping, pack up the youngest 4 and go get some now.

2. Wait til oldest 2 are up, pack them all up and get some then.

3. Wait til we go out later this morning and get some when running errands.

4. Drink the rasberry stuff. At least it has caffine in it.

5. Other

. . . and threaten them within an inch of their life to keep everyone alive until you got back, and make the 10 minute round trip.

I was in your shoes once--minus four kids, of course. The raspberry stuff wasn't as horrible as it sounds. It was bad. Real bad. But it was adequate enough to get me through breakfast, after which I could take the whole famn damily out.

well, except for this yucky rasberry, artificial tasting stuff that I got for a gift. What would you do? The local shop is about a mile away, so round trip it would take 10 minutes.

1. Leave the oldest two sleeping, pack up the youngest 4 and go get some now.

2. Wait til oldest 2 are up, pack them all up and get some then.

3. Wait til we go out later this morning and get some when running errands.

4. Drink the rasberry stuff. At least it has caffine in it.

5. Other

I would do number 4 and then number 3.

I don't typically wake sleeping children. ;)

. . . and threaten them within an inch of their life to keep everyone alive until you got back, and make the 10 minute round trip.

I was in your shoes once--minus four kids, of course. The raspberry stuff wasn't as horrible as it sounds. It was bad. Real bad. But it was adequate enough to get me through breakfast, after which I could take the whole famn damily out.

Yup. That's what I'd do.

Right now, I'm staring at my Toddy. It needs to sit for another hour. Another. Hour.

Yesterday I had none, but DH was home. I woke him up and made him go to Starbuck's for me :lol:

I would do number 4 and then number 3.

I don't typically wake sleeping children. ;)

Me too. I'm also into conserving trips out for gas. However, if there were no caffeine in the house I might be tempted to leave them all and go get some!

I would run, not walk, to my oldest child's room and give them whatever it took to get them to wake up and watch the youngers...car, new puppy, game system, whatever. I would then sprint to the closest coffee shop or grocery store and fuel up! :willy_nilly:

I am just kidding - sort of! I really like my coffee in the morning, so it would probably be worth it to me to load the kids up. That is provided you can do this and stay calm, since you haven't had your morning dose of caffeine! Too bad there is not a coffee delivery company. Sort of like Pizza Hut or Dominoes. They could call it Cappuchin-O's or Go-Go Juice To You...I'm just sayin'...

I don't know what you ended up doing (resisted peeking), but if possible, I would mix a bit of instant hot chocolate with the raspberry coffee in a mad attempt to make something palatable.

You won't like my answer, Marie;), but I'd say skip coffee today and wean yourself so missing a cuppa joe in the a.m. isn't a big deal. Curse me! And here I am, in the latte capital of the world.:D I do love good coffee, but I don't drink it every single morning, and I don't drink caffeinated. There have been times in my life when I spent way too much on daily lattes but I don't wanna go there again. Except on vacation.:)

In hopes of avoiding this crisis again...keep a small stash of coffee elsewhere in the house.

Actually, I don't drink coffee except socially, so I don't know how it would store for the long term. My addiction was to Dr Pepper. (Can we have a moment of silence, please?) I used to keep a couple of emergency cans in my closet, behind several layers of stuff. If one of the gol-durned teenaged whippersnappers who lived in my house got the LAST can of DP from the fridge, then I didn't go into a raging caffeine withdrawal because of my secret stash.

But, like Colleen, I'm caffeine free now. I only drink coffee at a meeting on Monday mornings or an rare DP from Sonic on random Saturdays.

F R E E D O M! :D

You won't like my answer, Marie;), but I'd say skip coffee today and wean yourself so missing a cuppa joe in the a.m. isn't a big deal.

I'm on decaf, and I still have a strict "do not talk to mama before her coffee" rule.

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

You won't like my answer, Marie;), but I'd say skip coffee today and wean yourself so missing a cuppa joe in the a.m. isn't a big deal. Curse me! And here I am, in the latte capital of the world.:D I do love good coffee, but I don't drink it every single morning, and I don't drink caffeinated. There have been times in my life when I spent way too much on daily lattes but I don't wanna go there again. Except on vacation.:)

And actually it is day two becasue we ran out on Saturday-- we had missionaries on furlough staying with us and they are major coffee drinkers. Anyway, I contemplated all morning if I should just leave for a few minutes, but kids are all out of sorts with company all weekend, and I just didn't have it in me to load them all up. So, I am surviving. I used to be much more of a recreational coffee drinker, but this pregnany is sending me over to the addiction side, so maybe this is a good thing.

And actually it is day two becasue we ran out on Saturday-- we had missionaries on furlough staying with us and they are major coffee drinkers. Anyway, I contemplated all morning if I should just leave for a few minutes, but kids are all out of sorts with company all weekend, and I just didn't have it in me to load them all up. So, I am surviving. I used to be much more of a recreational coffee drinker, but this pregnany is sending me over to the addiction side, so maybe this is a good thing.

In my experience, the "withdrawl" from caffeine is most difficult for three days. After that? Meh...not so bad. If I were you, especially with the addictive tendency going on while pregnant, I'd buy decaf -- good decaf -- when you do buy some and come down off that coffee trip.

I switched to decaf 14 years ago when I was pregnant with our first. Haven't ever gone back. Hubby was totally addicted and gave it up cold turkey back in late winter during the course of a nasty virus. It can be done!! :D

The "rest" of my reply would have been almost verbatim what Colleen wrote. Don't you love hearing from people like us(don't answer that)?

Ugh...just reading the title of this thread made me shudder. It is also precisely why I keep at least a 4-6 month supply of coffee in the house at all times!

I personally would have to load everyone up and head to the store, but I do not function well in the morning until I have had coffee.

Krista

I switched to decaf 14 years ago when I was pregnant with our first. Haven't ever gone back. Hubby was totally addicted and gave it up cold turkey back in late winter during the course of a nasty virus. It can be done!! :D

Well, not exactly. I gave up caffeine right before getting pregnant with Theo, because of the heart palpitations, shakes, and stomach pains. And then a few weeks later, Stephen came down with the world's awfullest stomach bug. After a solid week of no food or, obviously, caffeine, he figured he was "off" the stuff and didn't need to get back on. And all the withdrawal symptoms were masked by the virus, "lucky" him! :tongue_smilie:

If you have tea (real tea, with caffeine) make yourself a strong cup and get the coffee later. Chocolate's also good in a pinch.

:iagree: That's what I was going to say....find some chocolate and make some iced tea. I've been trying to keep a pitcher of iced tea on hand in the fridge....wonderful when it's hot outside.