Menu

Tea Drinking Connoisseurs...Your help is requested...

I was wondering if by chance there is someone out there who might be able to help me. In the past I have purchased tea from Murchies Tea company (we used to live in Washington and could just go to Victoria, BC). I loved their yummy teas. They seemed to be quite strong and I really loved that. I like a good strong English type tea that can hold cream and sugar. Well, now I live in California and would have to ship the tea from Murchies. But, it has gotten so expensive! So, I found Harney and Sons this summer and ordered some of their teas. So far, I have found them to be weaker. But, I am wondering if perhaps I am crazy. Can anyone compare these two for me or is there another company that is better? Thanks so much!

The Harney site rates their teas in several ways. You might want to look at their rating system to help decide what it is you want in a tea and go from there. I find that Irish breakfast is usually a "sturdy" tea, but I'm currently only drinking decaf, so I'm drinking their decaf ceylon.

The Harney site rates their teas in several ways. You might want to look at their rating system to help decide what it is you want in a tea and go from there. I find that Irish breakfast is usually a "sturdy" tea, but I'm currently only drinking decaf, so I'm drinking their decaf ceylon.

Thank you! I actually have their Irish Breakfast, Scottish Afternoon, and other strong type teas. I guess it just seems a little weaker than I'm used to. But, I was just thinking that my cup is probably larger than 8 oz. so I might need to use more.

I have not tried the Hot Cinnamon Sunset but I do have a sample of the Hot Cinnamon Spice. I like it a lot.

I agree with the others. Harney has some that are great, some not so much. Of their black teas I like their Indian Spice and the Paris. I can make both pretty strong.

I bought their Indian Spice but have not tried it yet. It is a perfect afternoon for it- cloudy and cold. Thanks!

I just ordered some of this tea: http://www.amazon.com/Taylors-Harrogate-Pure-Assam-50-Count/dp/B000F3XZFO/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1350070270&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=assam+tea. The reviews describe it as full-flavored but not bitter, so I thought is would work well with cream and sugar. Can't give a full report on it yet, though.

The Harney Paris blend is also quite yummy with cream and sugar (it has a vanilla/fruit flavor).

On this board teA is ....

What I think I found a thread that explains it.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=410267&highlight=teA

Well, uh, I am embarrassed! Thanks for letting me know! I don't read the general board very often so I think that I will go back over to K-8 and not start any more threads about drinking a liquid made from leaves! :)

Edited by Mommyof3boys

I just ordered some of this tea: http://www.amazon.com/Taylors-Harrogate-Pure-Assam-50-Count/dp/B000F3XZFO/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1350070270&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=assam+tea. The reviews describe it as full-flavored but not bitter, so I thought is would work well with cream and sugar. Can't give a full report on it yet, though.

The Harney Paris blend is also quite yummy with cream and sugar (it has a vanilla/fruit flavor).

Thank you! I will have to try the one from Amazon.

That sounds AWESOME!!! does it have a strong cinnamon flavor? How is it different from chai spice?

I can't stand chai spice teas at all so I can't compare it. It has a spicy yet sweet taste to me.

Hot cinnamon sunset is naturally sweet. Tastes like big red gum. It makes me want to cough so I don't drink it, but it is yummy!

That's funny to me as I hate Big Red gum. That tastes like flavored cough syrup to me.:lol:

Let me predict the future using my magic abilities.

This thread is about to get funny.

(Now to sit back and see if I'm right)

:lol:

Is it wrong that I was a little bit disappointed that the question was about actual TEA?! :blush5:

I do need to try the hot cinnamon sunset tea, I LOVE Big Red gum! :)

:lol:

Is it wrong that I was a little bit disappointed that the question was about actual TEA?! :blush5:

I do need to try the hot cinnamon sunset tea, I LOVE Big Red gum! :)

I had a feeling it would be about actual tea. (The OP spelt it tea not teA)

I must admit I just entered the thread for a teA comment. I don't drink tea, not even the free green tea at Chinese restaurants.