Menu

Brag alert: College acceptance and scholarship!

speedmom4

Hello Hive,

I am so excited right now. My dd has received her first college admission. They also told her she has already earned $20,000. They are inviting her to compete in their Presidenatial scholarship in January. My dd is at church so she doesn't even know yet! I had to share it with someone.

I want to thank you all who have helped us through this process. I have had many questions and I have always gotten great advice.

I always wondered if homeschooling was the right decision. We have always homeschooled dd. I knew she was intelligent and hard working but I have always doubted myself. I was SO incredibly worried about putting her transcripts together. I was so worried I would screw it up!

Dd has already been invited to apply for the Honor's Colleges for the other universities she has applied.

I'm over the moon right now!!!

Woo hoo!!!!!

Elise in NC

Edited by speedmom4
Typo

Congrats! Isn't it a lovely feeling? : )

It's going to be a long year (all the additional apps, essays, and invites) so pace yourselves, and try to remember to take time to smell the roses along the way. And keep a master calendar for deadlines and milestones as she manages the various processes and requirements, too. ; ) (That's BTDT advice...)

In the end, she'll have some nice choices, and you'll be tired but very grateful, and the younger sibs will have her example to follow. : )

Blessings, and CONGRATS again! And hug her for all her hard work!

Hello Hive,

I am so excited right now. My dd has received her first college admission. They also told her she has already earned $20,000. They are inviting her to compete in their Presidenatial scholarship in January. My dd is at church so she doesn't even know yet! I had to share it with someone.

I want to thank you all who have helped us through this process. I have had many questions and I have always gotten great advice.

I always wondered if homeschooling was the right decision. We have always homeschooled dd. I knew she was intelligent and hard working but I have always doubted myself. I was SO incredibly worried about putting her transcripts together. I was so worried I would screw it up!

Dd has already been invited to apply for the Honor's Colleges for the other universities she has applied.

I'm over the moon right now!!!

Woo hoo!!!!!

Elise in NC

Fantastic news!!! :party: :party: