Menu

A Sunday Chat

It's very late for a chat, but I'll invite you over for some hot chamomile tea. I am too full from being taken to a Chinese buffet by my Chinese neighbors so if you have the munchies, you'll have to bring your own.

Have you ever socialized with your neighbors? Ie. actually gone to their house or had them over or gone somewhere with them?

What do you take when your tummy is upset?

How is next week looking for you?

It's very late for a chat, but I'll invite you over for some hot chamomile tea. I am too full from being taken to a Chinese buffet by my Chinese neighbors so if you have the munchies, you'll have to bring your own.

Have you ever socialized with your neighbors? Ie. actually gone to their house or had them over or gone somewhere with them?

Yes, we went out to dinner with them. And Yes, we've been to their house for parties or dinner.

Black tea settles my stomach like nothing else. Lipton is OK, but English Breakfast Tea is best.

How is next week looking for you? [Extremely busy. I was surprised at how much history is scheduled in my TM and how the amount of activities/science experiments and writing. The kids aren't going to be happy about the writing. :DQUOTE]

:)) Thanks for asking.

I've only socialized with the neighbors while outside.

Coca-Cola. It always seems to work.

Calm, which is nice since the last few weeks have been so busy!

:001_smile:

Edited by Horton

Have you ever socialized with your neighbors? Ie. actually gone to their house or had them over or gone somewhere with them? Obviously my answer is yes. ;)

What do you take when your tummy is upset? chamomile tea!

How is next week looking for you? Normal busyness. Dh is gone until Thursday so I don't have to cook much. I interview another Latin tutor on Wednesday.

Not our neighbors here. But where we used to live - yes! It was quite nice.

Usually nothing. Almost never happens!

Busy, fun. Dds have their birthdays on Tuesday, and then one of the parties is on Saturday. I can't believe my baby is going to be 8!!!

and ftr, my tummy is quite full from the KFC dd8 requested for dinner. Bleh. Glad it only happens once a year!

Have you ever socialized with your neighbors? Ie. actually gone to their house or had them over or gone somewhere with them? Yes, we've gone to neighbors' homes for neighborhood get-togethers, etc.

What do you take when your tummy is upset? A tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar mixed in 8 oz of water is my go-to cure. Sounds awful, but I'm used to it, and it works. :tongue_smilie:

How is next week looking for you? The bare bones basics of school. I have some necessary cleaning tasks that have been piling up, and need to mainly focus on some disciplinary/character issues that have reared their heads due to dh working out of town every week.

Have you ever socialized with your neighbors? Ie. actually gone to their house or had them over or gone somewhere with them? Obviously my answer is yes. ;)

What do you take when your tummy is upset? chamomile tea!

How is next week looking for you? Normal busyness. Dh is gone until Thursday so I don't have to cook much. I interview another Latin tutor on Wednesday.

Jean is that the one that was recommended here?

Generally, no. We are on speaking terms, but we each have our own social groups. That said, we are all friendly toward one another and will help each other in times of emergency.

What do you take when your tummy is upset? Mint tea

How is next week looking for you? Proofs for book due, test/homework for class not yet done, Board meeting, two birthday parties, one dinner party, tea and chat with sick friend, volunteer at library, volunteer at sports booster club, 6 hours of class time, husband going overseas this week and child going overseas for sport competition this coming weekend. I'd like to get three 5k runs done this week and an evening out to a concert scheduled. Oh and I need a dentist appointment for a tooth that's bugging me and I have a several sewing projects that need finished. Is that enough?

Nope. We're not neighborly - it's mostly rentals here.

Pepto, or if it's really bad compazine.

Busy....errands tomorrow, dr. appt on tuesday, field trip on Wednesday, Home & Garden show on Friday {and maybe Sunday too}, and Free museum admission on Saturday. Oh and school....mustn't forget about that :D

We kinda socialize with our neighbors, but haven't had any over for a long time.

I either am really stupid and eat more bad food, when my stomach hurts. OR, I have some mint something :)

Well, next week will hopefully be good. The last few days I found out that I accidentally stayed signed up for something that was $50 a month, didn't do something right with my taxes... and to finish up tonight I had to make my dog throw up, because I found something chewed up that had silica gel in it... in the bath tub. Lovely! :( I didn't see any in his vomit, so hopefully he didn't actually eat any :(

Hope this week is better than the last few days. :(

My current neighbors are all good neighbors. One in particular is awesome. We've been to his house for grilled burgers. He and his sons have been here for homemade pizza. He has taken us boating (inner tubing), helped with yard tasks, and lent us tools. I take them desserts.

We have other neighbors that we talk to often when we see them outside, but we haven't had them over for dinner yet.

I'm used to my tummy being upset a lot...or rather, I didn't realize how bad I felt until I started eating better. So, I just deal with it usually. Sometimes I have lower back pain along with sharp tummy pain; that's my back telling me to visit my chiropractor. He always fixes it.

Crazy busy in a fun way. We will be viewing salmon running with friends, getting braces (DD12), going to Great Wolf Lodge, going to the chocolate festival, and having our first small group meeting of the school year. In between all that, we'll fit in school, tutoring, Korean Language School, and taekwondo.

We do socialize with our nieghbors. We drink tea, share seeds, and our overflow from the garden. We help each other track down our mousers. My dds babysit for some for other neighbors, and we chit chat all the time over the fence.

Tums. It only happens if I overeat.

Next week is about chilling some (we've had a busy couple of weeks), and packing for two of us to head to FL. I also need to clear out at least 3 garden beds, and cover them for winter.

I have only met one of the neighbours. He lives down the road, he said, which could be a few km away. I'm assuming if I drove up driveways I would eventually find houses. My aunt, whose property this is, knows the neighbours though. They all borrow stuff off each other. I don't imagine I'll meet any since I haven't any heavy machinery to lend, lol.

Miso soup if I have any.

Fair until Friday, with probable thunderstorms on Saturday. Sunday will be spent in bed with "don't even knock" posted on the door.

Rosie

Yes, in our last house when my dh was working out of town for 3 months and dd was 6 mo old, we spent some time visiting with a couple of our neighbors that we had known a little bit for 7 or 8 years. It wasn't long after that, that we moved. I really didn't like leaving at that point.

I just wait it out and don't take anything.

I am visiting with my mom and getting to spend some time with my brother who has been having a hard time.