Menu

It's supposed to be 70 tomorrow...

I wish I could say that. It was hot enough here yesterday for me to get heat exhaustion. :glare: Can't wait to get back to the Midwest where they actually have seasons, not just hot and hotter.

Oh no!

I hate the cold, but I do like all the rest of the seasons. ;) It's coming on quicker this year than I remember it doing last year - just 2 weeks ago the wind coming in was still hot, and the kids were playing in the sprinkler. Last week the wind turned to a chilly wind (does that make sense? You could just feel the change in the air) and it started getting into the 50s-60s at night.

I'm a total sucker for fall stuff. It's my favorite time of year - now through Christmas. :)

97 here today. I've got awhile for fall clothes. That doesn't stop me from decorating inside though.

Oh my word! 97! I'm glad our upper 90s have gone (at least for the most part - I guess we could still have a freakish one here and there for awhile).

It is funny though, after having temps in the upper 90s-100s for a lot of the summer, the 70s with a breeze does feel a little cool... :lol:

and in the 70s for as far into the forecast as weatherdotcom will let me see...

But I went ahead and got Pink's fall clothes out. That's reasonable, right?

I mean, a 3/4 sleeve knit dress with leggings would work on a 70 degree day? No? :D

I just so love fall clothes... I couldn't wait any longer!!

We love the fall clothing switch here, too. On Sunday, we had weather in the 70s, and two of my daughters had on long sleeved dresses with leggings. One complained of being too hot later in the day, but the other one didn't want to change once she got home because she felt so comfortable. The "too hot" daughter wore a long sleeve shirt and shorts yesterday to an outing. :tongue_smilie: That's kind of nutty to me, but she wanted to put on fall clothing so badly, but I guess also remembered how warm she was on Sunday, so this was her compromise.

70's is ALMOST winter weather here. We're still in the mid-90s and will be for at least another month. We typically get a week of 70 degree temps around the first of November, then back up to mid 80's for a couple of weeks, then it settles back down to the 70's by Thanksgiving.

So yes, we pull out our "winter" clothes when temps will only be in the 70's.

:: squee :: Yep, that's irresistible! Good call on going ahead with the switch. heehee

Meanwhile, I just attempted a swap and realized my elder dd doesn't have a whole lot to wear and I'm just *hoping* what I have will FIT my younger (she does have some super cute stuff in waiting! she *could* use more dresses/leggings combos though..they always can, right? ;))

70's is ALMOST winter weather here. We're still in the mid-90s and will be for at least another month. We typically get a week of 70 degree temps around the first of November, then back up to mid 80's for a couple of weeks, then it settles back down to the 70's by Thanksgiving.

So yes, we pull out our "winter" clothes when temps will only be in the 70's.

Yep. Temps in the 70's will feel so nice and cool when they finally arrive.

OP, we would definitely wear something like that for 70 degrees.

Can't wait for 70! It's been 90 - 100 here for quite awhile.

I know!! Yuck!!

My little guy had two soccer games last Saturday. It was about 87* for his 9:00 am game and about 104* for his 1:30 pm game.

Of course, it doesn't really cool down much here until about November.:tongue_smilie:

I know!! Yuck!!

My little guy had two soccer games last Saturday. It was about 87* for his 9:00 am game and about 104* for his 1:30 pm game.

Of course, it doesn't really cool down much here until about November.:tongue_smilie:

Sounds like we might live near each other. :)