Menu

What's for dinner? 8/30

Homemade pizza with wholewheat crust with fresh tomato and basil from the garden. Onions, mushrooms, turkey sausage will be available for additional toppings. We make personal pizzas as some like thicker crust than others. I think we'll have some green beans or squash, too.

Pioneer Woman's stuffed shells, homemade bread, salad, maybe I'll do something with the patty pan squash and/or eggplant the CSA gave me.

So far, my family has not been a fan of PW's recipes, except for the Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork. Giving this one a try for the first time tonight. How bad can it be? :)

That's how I'm feeling about tomatoes and cucumbers.

I canned tomato sauce the other day, but our most of our cucumbers went to waste. I wasn't adventurous enough to try pickles. Since we did our own garden this year, this was the first time we had an abundance of both.

Cumin lime grilled tofu (tilapia for DH, since he is not a tofu fan), nectarine salsa, and brown rice. Thank you, Fresh 20!

We had that, but with chicken last night. It was all good, but the salsa was to die for.

Halibut with arugula/nectarine/chevre salad for us tonight. I'm using the Fresh 20 as a kick in the butt to give DD the Elder proper cooking lessons.

homemade turkey and dumplings. Home canned turkey stock, leftover turkey that I roasted last week and froze and dumplings that I made a double batch of yesterday. Easy peasy! Not sure what veg we'll have, but I'll scrounge up something. Maybe peas.