Menu

Heard in the car today: The Daweks is coming!

:lol::lol: I just hope he didn't get freaked out by the Mannequin episode. That episode still freaks me out, all these years later!

I just watched that one again last night. If it wasn't for all the humor, I would have had nightmares. DS4 needs to get over his fear of talking cucumbers so I can introduce him to sci-fi.

And now I'm cooking breakfast, saying in my head, "Spam, spam, spam, bacon, sausage, and spam..."

Do I win Mom-of-the-Year for letting my 4 yo watch Dr. Who?

:tongue_smilie:

Yes, you totally do! :thumbup:

Everyday, my 1 year old asks to watch Dodda whooo! I don't let her unless I want to watch it too, but it is the first show she asks to watch. Followed immediately by Blues Clues.

That is so cute!

My family are HUGE Doctor Who fans. DH and I have watched it since we were kids, and have refreshed ourselves with every season currently available in video format. Upon moving in with us, DIL had never even heard of Doctor Who. We fixed that very quickly. It took her 4 days to watch the past 6 seasons and now she loves it just as much as we do. :lol:

My 3.5 year old is convinced that all the following things are evidences of Dalek-kind:

Satellite stickers

Large Bubble bubble wrap

Large vases at the craft store with bumps on the surface

and to top it off, when someone mentions a Doctor, he immediately squeals Dr. Who?!?!!!? :D

My kids constantly quote lines from Doctor Who, and my oldest two love quoting Monty Python. I think we've done a good job with their education. :tongue_smilie:

We had a lot of fun watching the opening ceremony for the Olympics, but my kids kept waiting for a blue box to drop from the sky, not James Bond. :D

DS14 quoted Monty Python for his sound check at the theater the other night. Good education, indeed!:lol:

We had a lot of fun watching the opening ceremony for the Olympics, but my kids kept waiting for a blue box to drop from the sky, not James Bond. :D

Me too. Or at least have the Doctor carry the torch. Missed opportunity London!

My dds and their friends all love the show and their favorite game on the playground is to play "don't blink." One of the kids pretends to be a weeping angel and the rest sort of run away backwards and not blinking. It is a sort of tag. They also like to play daleks.

:001_smile:

That is so funny. I wonder if I can get my kids to go outside and do that too? :lol:

For those that haven't heard, the Doctor returns September 1 on BBC One, BBC America, and SPACE. It's also been announced that Matt Smith has signed on for the 50th anni special AND Season 8. :D

My dds and their friends all love the show and their favorite game on the playground is to play "don't blink." One of the kids pretends to be a weeping angel and the rest sort of run away backwards and not blinking. It is a sort of tag. They also like to play daleks.

:001_smile:

:lol:

My mom has had a weeping angel statuary in her yard forever. Last week the kids saw it with fresh eyes! :lol:

Do I win Mom-of-the-Year for letting my 4 yo watch Dr. Who?

:tongue_smilie:

You bet!!!

I was pretty embarassed when my, at the time, three year old walked into the family room where her older sisiter and friends were watching 'Scream' and she saw Sarah Michelle Geller getting slaughtered. Instead of being scared, she was livid that someone was killing Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I wasn't sure what was worse - that she didn't seemed bothered by SMG getting eviscerated or that she knew who 'Buffy' was!:001_huh:

So, in comparison, Dr. Who is pretty tame!:tongue_smilie:

(For everyone's peace of mind, above mentioned child is now 14. She's well adjusted mentally and shows no psychological scarring for the misadventure. She remains entirely unflappable. She also loves Dr Who! )

The older kids, however, have taught him to come up to me and say, "Mummy? Are you my mummy?" In a really creepy voice.

YIKES! That would be really, really disturbing!! LOL We let our kids watch the ones they think they can handle. My poor 6 year old can hardly handle anything with suspense music, so it is a real challenge to get him to stay in the room, but we've been trying to get him to and afterwards he ends up loving it. My husband primed them on a few Tom Baker era Doctor Who's to begin with....a little less scarey because of the cheese factor (hope I don't have to dodge any tomatoes over that. :tongue_smilie: I'm not a fan of the old ones.)

My 2 youngest have actually watched most to all Dr Who's at about the ages of 1-2, because they refuse to go to bed at a reasonable time at those ages. My dd and I would sing the Dr Who music "ooooo---oooo--oooooo" together and I am always bummed when I try to get her to do it and she has forgotten. I'm training my youngest to do it now. ;)

We have some video of the kids in one of those collapsible tube tunnel things that come with kids pop-up tents walking through the house saying "Exterminate, exterminate!!" Awwww, good Dr. Who memories!!!

:lol::lol::lol: My four-yr-old saw the R2-D2 at LegoLand... And started yelling, "Exterdimate! Exterdimate! Exterdimate!" She would not believe us that it was a different robot. :lol: My older girl is scared by Dr. Who and we don't watch it together, but the little sister adores it.

ETA: I told her about your dd. She is very excited that another kid her age likes Dr. Who and to know her name, lol. And then she ran around imitating daleks for a while.

Edited by LittleIzumi