Menu

Anyone else's living room turn into a gym?!?!

We have been watching the Olympic gymnastics competitions...last night we had vaulting attempts in the living room. Tonight, general chaos!!! It is quite entertaining! I have repeatedly warned them that the only hospital trip I am making Is to have this baby so they had better not break something! ;)

Yes. Dd was swinging between the arm chair and couch while being a gymnast. She was flinging herself with such wild abandon that I'm not sure what exactly her goal was. She was also doing Lamaze like breathing :001_huh:

Both kids take gymnastics classes, so we usually get handstands, cart wheels and forward rolls.....but this is different! Furniture was rearranged, there were true vault attempts....neither has done vault in class yet! It is a mad house I tell you! :lol:

But it is fun.:D

My kids have figured out how to use the arm of the couch as a vault, the back of the couch as a pommel horse, the backs of two chairs as parallel bars, the top of the swingset as a high bar, the backyard fence as a balance beam, and my hands as rings. :glare:

My DS thinks everywhere is a gym! He's been in gymnastics class since 18 mo. and loves it.

A few nights ago I let him stay up late to watch some of the men's gymnastics and he was very impressed.

1. Using DH's friend as equipment (yesterday)

2. At Burger King (last month). This was one of those, "Should I stop this immediately or get a picture first?" moments.

post-1589-13535087198452_thumb.jpg

post-1589-13535087199084_thumb.jpg

Yep....more because of me though....never know when a yoga session may strike:D

Also, my boys use the beam that goes across our l/r to hand over hand, do pull ups, or to hang kid brother from:glare:

The couch is a perpetual trampoline.....and the kids use our solid oak coffee table to row...as in crew team. ( we LOVE the wii game where they row...)

Funny thing is my mom gave me the coffee table when she moved closer to me....and I remember my brother and I did the same thing:D