Menu

We are looking at a property today

Even though we have just gotten property transferred to our name to build duh.gif We haven't signed anything to start a build yet.

This property just popped up. It's a foreclosure. It needs a TON of work and cleaning up. But it is also 27 acres with a large pond, and several small ones. It has a 4 bedroom house with a basement and, what looks like a about 5 scrapped trailers to remove rolleyes2.gif . It is also very, very close to the lake and our family.

$135K. Yes, you read that right. $135K

We are probably crazy.

It was built in '65. Looks like it has brick exterior. The girls and I drove part of the way up the driveway today...there are fruit trees everywhere :) Here is the google map. The large body of water is a lake that connects to the main river through here. The house is near the pond.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9620&stc=1&d=1342805473

We are going back this morning to look closer at a few things. We loved the property. The house is HUGE. It is listed as a 4 bedroom, but it is really a 6 bedroom, with 2 living areas upstairs and a rec room in the basement. There are also 3 baths, and a huge laundry room. It needs a new roof, new flooring, siding and a bit of drywall work. It also needs a good coat of Kilz...someone was a smoker. Has an awesome 1960's pink bathroom. ;)

The property has a giagantic pond with a dock that needs repair. There is also an adorable little 1950s trailer that is in pristine condition sitting by the pond with a huge deck. Also by the pond is a giagantic shelter/pavillion. Ceiling fans and lights, and you can fish from it in the pond. There are more sheds and barn structures than you can shake a stick at. There are probably about 30 kennels (which means lots and lots of fencing we can use for animals and such.)

We are going to take a closer look at the roof and basement today with flashlights. The power is off, so it was a tad dark with my little van flashlight yesterday.

Edited by Apryl H

Make sure you hire an EXCELLENT inspector!!!

So happy for you!!!

:lol: the inspector will be shaking his head the whole time. It will be inspected purely to see if there is anything we missed. So far we know it needs the following:

The entire roof taken off and replaced (rafters, etc.)

Siding on the entire house

A sunroom that runs the length of the house removed and that area turned into a covered porch (no chance of salvaging the sunroom)

New flooring in over 1/2 of the house, and the hardwood refinished in the other part.

One bathroom gutted and redone.

A 30+ year old jacuzzi taken out and replaced with something.

Drywall repairs in nearly every room.

Paint...for everything.

A wall removed in a bedroom (they turned a bedroom into a closet..lol.)

Drop ceiling replaced in the office area above the garage.

A few doors replaced

New everything in the kitchen.

Possibly new heating and air.

Let's not even get started on the clean up the land itself needs.

We don't know whether to hope they accept our offer, or be afraid that that they WILL...:001_huh:

Edited by Apryl H

Here is another screen shot of part of the property on Bing...None of the vehicles are there, neither are the buses. All the dog kennels are VERY grown over. The huge structure near the pond is a pavilion with ceiling fans, lights, and a fishing porch...where you can fish in the pond right from the pavilion.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9641&stc=1&d=1342898199

WHAT A PROPERTY!!!!! will both those ponds be yours???

YOWZA!!!!!!:001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

Actually there are about 7 ponds on the property. There are several small ponds that come down the ridge. At one time they raised minnows in them to stock the lake. You can see them in this shot...

attachment.php?attachmentid=9651&stc=1&d=1343091114

And here is a shot of the whole property. The back goes up a pretty steep ridge.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9652&stc=1&d=1343091125

Actually there are about 7 ponds on the property. There are several small ponds that come down the ridge. At one time they raised minnows in them to stock the lake. You can see them in this shot...

attachment.php?attachmentid=9651&stc=1&d=1343091114

And here is a shot of the whole property. The back goes up a pretty steep ridge.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9652&stc=1&d=1343091125

VERY cool. What is by the smaller ponds? Are those trailers?

Keep us posted. This is exciting!

VERY cool. What is by the smaller ponds? Are those trailers?

Keep us posted. This is exciting!

Yeah :glare:

Like I said, there is a LOT of cleaning up to do. A lot of what you see in the google shots is now gone, but there are still about 4 trailers that are in various states of destroyed that need to be moved. So much work :001_huh:

At least the house is completely empty.

Yeah :glare:

Like I said, there is a LOT of cleaning up to do. A lot of what you see in the google shots is now gone, but there are still about 4 trailers that are in various states of destroyed that need to be moved. So much work :001_huh:

At least the house is completely empty.

Check into whether or not they CAN be removed. Down the road was an abandoned trailer and instead of having it moved, they clipped it apart and burned it. Of course you have all those trees around, but the burn site here was also surrounded by trees.

If you get this house, just be patient. While you will want everything taken care of right away, it is going to take time. You will achieve your results!

Check into whether or not they CAN be removed. Down the road was an abandoned trailer and instead of having it moved, they clipped it apart and burned it. Of course you have all those trees around, but the burn site here was also surrounded by trees.

If you get this house, just be patient. While you will want everything taken care of right away, it is going to take time. You will achieve your results!

Oh we are. We've alloted roughly 20 years to get it cleaned up. :lol:

Thankfully, all but the trailer that is in GOOD shape is out of view from the house. So it won't be an eyesore, even if it takes us a long time to dispose of them.

Guest submarines

You aren't bored, you're dreaming and nesting. I'm examining someone else's not yet purchased property--that's the definition of "bored." :lol:

I can't believe how huge it is! :D

Because I'm bored:

attachment.php?attachmentid=9653&stc=1&d=1343092495

Two barns? 15 kennels? Give me the address when you move in. We will think of a GREAT name for your rescue!:lol::lol::lol:

I think what you are trying to do is SOOOOOOO cool!

lol. My girls would LOVE that. My dh...not so much. We've actually been talking about goats and chickens for show. (fairs, 4H) And goats for clean up around the property. Maybe a few cows. I'm trying HARD to talk him into a Great Pyrenees.