Menu

She Bloomed!

Dd is almost 8, and for the past two years or so has not been keeping up with her friends on a lot of milestones. She's not special needs, she was just being a late bloomer.

But:

3 weeks ago she was afraid to put her head underwater. Today she swam the length of the pool by herself!

2 weeks ago she could not ride a bike, and the very idea of trying made her angry. Last week she figured it out and has been riding all around the neighborhood!

A month ago she would only read easy readers (like Go Dog Go) for fun. If she read anything harder it was because I forced her to and she hated it. 1 week ago she read a chapter book (an American Girl book) for fun! She then read two more American Girl books within three days.

I'm just thrilled that she's all-of-a-sudden taking off in so many ways! I had to share somewhere :D

Dd is almost 8, and for the past two years or so has not been keeping up with her friends on a lot of milestones. She's not special needs, she was just being a late bloomer.

But:

3 weeks ago she was afraid to put her head underwater. Today she swam the length of the pool by herself!

2 weeks ago she could not ride a bike, and the very idea of trying made her angry. Last week she figured it out and has been riding all around the neighborhood!

A month ago she would only read easy readers (like Go Dog Go) for fun. If she read anything harder it was because I forced her to and she hated it. 1 week ago she read a chapter book (an American Girl book) for fun! She then read two more American Girl books within three days.

I'm just thrilled that she's all-of-a-sudden taking off in so many ways! I had to share somewhere :D

:grouphug:

I am so happy for you!

And her!

My "late bloomer" just graduated from college, summa cum laude....got accepted to grad school:D , was a US swim coach etc....etc...etc!

Oh, now that she is blooming...oh, watch her grow! So exciting!