Menu

who buy groceries on Amazon?

I buy gluten free stuff from Amazon. The prices are usually better then the grocery store. I always check first though because sometimes my health food store can beat the Amazon price, but then I have to factor in the price of gas to drive there (30 min away).

The one problem I've noticed is that when we have a shipment from Amazon (almost always bulk) we end up eating it all faster than if we didn't have 6 boxes in the pantry. :glare:

I should hide the extra somewhere.

If I find something that we use that is a better price on Amazon, I buy it. I have found their prices fluctuate though, so I do stop purchasing when the prices goes up.

I also bought quite a few food items (canned peaches, single serving oatmeal, etc.) from Amazon to send to my dd away at college.

I buy gluten free stuff from Amazon. The prices are usually better then the grocery store. I always check first though because sometimes my health food store can beat the Amazon price, but then I have to factor in the price of gas to drive there (30 min away).

The one problem I've noticed is that when we have a shipment from Amazon (almost always bulk) we end up eating it all faster than if we didn't have 6 boxes in the pantry. :glare:

Me, too. I have regular "subscribe and save" shipments of GF Mama's Almond Blend, Pamela's (4# bags), Garden of Eatin' tortilla chips, stevia drops, face wash, and dishwasher detergent.

We've gotten past the eating things faster problem. Now, I find myself delaying shipments occasionally.

I do this too. I order gf foods and have them delivered to my dd in college. We have Amazon prime so there are no shipping fees.

I also agree that buying in bulk makes you go through it faster. :lol: There must be a system to slow that down. I just don't have it yet. ha

I buy from Amazon when it is something I cannot get locally and is cheaper.

Same here.

Also stuff that we can get locally, but where we can get better quality at a lower price through Amazon. For example, canned tuna - we can get it locally, and at a lower price, but the stuff that doesn't contain soy is much cheaper through Amazon.

Same here.

Also stuff that we can get locally, but where we can get better quality at a lower price through Amazon. For example, canned tuna - we can get it locally, and at a lower price, but the stuff that doesn't contain soy is much cheaper through Amazon.

Oh, what soy free tuna do you order? Last time I ordered through Azure but I'd like to compare prices.

I get regular shipments of Nutiva extra virgin organic coconut oil and Lysol cleaning wipes. The lysol wipes are used daily to clean the bathrooms. It makes this job much easier, but we go through them quickly. I will also use the store brand and like them fine, but with Amazon it is the same price and they come to me. That's a big plus. The coconut oil is way cheaper than anywhere local.

Crown Prince. It looks like their cheapest option (without subscribe & save) right now is $0.42/ounce.

Thanks, I just did a comparison for the cheapest one subscribe and save on Azure is still cheaper for me at 31.6c per ounce. I know that price fluctuates widely though with Amazon, so I'll check it out the next time I need some.

Edited by soror

Guest loverboy33

Hi,

I mostly use to shop from amazon due to following causes.

1. Time Saving to buy

2. Got Quality Products

3. Can get shipping around the Clock.

btw i lovin' to buy from amazon. blabla.gif

I have subscribe & save for tons of groceries. We lived in the bush and everything else had to wait until dh could fly out to Anchorage and hit Costco.

Dried beans

Dry pasta

Mac and cheese :)

Brown basmati rice

Cannned chili

Diced tomatoes

Diced green chiles

Canned fruit

Dry cereal

Balance bars

Instant oatmeal

Honey

Olive oil

Coconut milk

Curry paste

Pizza sauce

Peanut butter

Quinoa

applesauce cups

Maple syrup

Kraft Parmesan cheese

Duke's mayo

Mustard

Crystal light

Chicken and beef broth

We even ordered dog food - Diamond brand, good stuff, with free shipping.

I bought some things like Frontier soup mixes and powdered milk, but not on subscribe and save.

I live in Alaska and they won't ship health/beauty items there, or otherwise I would order that too.

We are moving to a town that is an hour from Costco and actually has a couple of grocery stores, but I will stay with Amazon groceries. It is SO nice to have a full pantry and just refill perishables and things like pasta sauce and jelly you don't want to risk breaking in the mail.

Does most tuna in the stores contain soy?

These days, it often does. It's listed as vegetable broth or something like that. Soy is in the allergen list.

Poking around on Amazon, I'm not seeing soy (or vegetable broth) listed in the ingredients list of the more mainstream brands (Chicken of the Sea, Bumble Bee), either. And I can't say with 100% certainty that we checked the ingredients on these (and not just the store brands) in the store. However, google confirms that others have noticed this, including in mainstream brands. So either Amazon isn't accurate, or they have different production for different markets. Neither of those options is without precedent :)

Anyways, if it matters to you, you have to read labels on EVERYTHING. Even the things that seem like they should be perfectly safe.