Menu

I don't drink.

Really, I don't. In fact, I've never ever had an alcoholic beverage before today. I had a White Russian. Is that usually a strong drink?

Other than the unfortunate side effect of referring to dh as "Mr. Misery", and finding him moderately more entertaining than usual, I didn't feel too much.

:D

Does one drink usually affect you much?

All depends on 1) how much alcohol was in it 2) how much you weigh and 3) how much you've eaten recently.

I find that I will think a mixed drink has had no effect on me, until I stand up and I really feel it. I don't really drink any more. Maybe a beer twice a year.

Does one drink usually affect you much?

A White Russian would send me to bed. I love the taste of wine, e.g. and gin and tonic. I wish I could drink. I don't have the liver enzymes for it, and at the first sight of booze, my liver throws down its guns and runs for the hills. Thus, all alcohol shoots right up to my brain and just keeps circulating and circulating until my belabored kidneys get rid of it.

One glass of wine makes me mellow. I feel fully alert and capable of thinking straight though. (Another glass takes care of that. :D)

Oddly, a Mike's seems stronger to me. I have very little experience with mixed drinks.

Edited by darlasowders

If your stomach was empty it could get to you a bit faster too.

I had a stronger than my usual margarita last week, on a rather empty (I was "starving"!) stomach. Not even half way in and I was feeling that fuzzy head feeling.

I can normally have a few Mikes within 2-3 hr and feel nothing more than 'relaxed'.

Something in the stomach makes a huge difference with me.

Mixed drinks are a mixed bag, 'cause everyone's hand is different. Some folks make 'em strong, some folks make 'em weak. Considering you had the wherewithall to call dh "Mr. Misery," (and I'm assuming you were able to pronounce it), it sounds like yours was made just right. ;)

Not that I'm an expert or anything (:tongue_smilie:), but your hormonal stage adds in, too.

1 or 2 sips of booze makes me ache all over, now. Before that 1 drink could give me a pretty good buzz, and oddly enough - especially wine or beer. I could handle hard alcohol more.

It's been so long since I've drank that I don't really remember much beyond that.

It's fairly rare here, but ya, the White Russian is a good one if you aren't meaning to mess around I'd think. Really does depend if it's a mix or a really nice bartender made it for you, and with what grade of Vodka, (Everclear for example-whoo boy) some are more potent than others.

I'm pretty sure the next drink I'm having with be made with Sauza Tequila. They made the most outrageously funny video which recently went viral on you tube. It's meant to be ironic/funny, but um :D

Not something you'd want to view in the office or in front of kids, but not major dive either. It has the most amazing kitten ever in it. :lol:

Really does depend if it's a mix or a really nice bartender made it for you.

Really nice, very experienced bartender at the fairly nice restaurant that I supply with desserts.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't messing around, since I made it clear I wanted a *real drink*. ;)