Menu

11 y/o dd gave me an end of the year teacher gift!

Okay, well, my oldest daughter (age 20) goes to a special needs school/life skills class, and the other day we bought end of the year gifts for her teacher, aide, and bus driver. And in the car on the way home I joked, "I wonder what my students will give ME for an end of the year teacher present!" So it was probably because of that haha.

But my 11 y/o dd made me a really cute card, and then she took her wooden ruler and drew all these cute designs and pictures on it, and wrapped it in tissue paper and gave it to me for a gift.

See pics. :) (On the other side of the ruler, not shown, she wrote, "Hope we have a nice summer together!"). And make sure you read her little notations on the card, they were kind of funny.

P.S. My 6 y/o son tells me he is planning to clean the house for his end of the year gift to me but that he might change his mind. LOL.

P.S.S. Yes, those are claw marks from my cat in the arm of my recliner. Grr. lol.

Edited by NanceXToo

That is so precious!

I love her artwork -- and her promise not to complain as much next year? Priceless!!

We were wandering through a hotel gift shop last year on Thanksgiving and DS saw a little figurine about "thankfulness." He pushed me out of the store, then asked DH if he could buy the item for me. DH did, assuming DS would put it away for Christmas. But DS gave it to me later than night, as a "Thank you for homeschooling me" gift. :001_wub:

That is so precious!

I love her artwork -- and her promise not to complain as much next year? Priceless!!

We were wandering through a hotel gift shop last year on Thanksgiving and DS saw a little figurine about "thankfulness." He pushed me out of the store, then asked DH if he could buy the item for me. DH did, assuming DS would put it away for Christmas. But DS gave it to me later than night, as a "Thank you for homeschooling me" gift. :001_wub:

Where's the "Like" button? That's so sweet.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! :)

That is so precious!

That is so cute! :)

Sweet :) Think I'll buy myself and "end of year gift" :)

haha you should, you deserve it!

What a sweet, creative daughter! I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for ds to make me something like that. lol

lol well if you read the beginning of my post, I jokingly hinted about it to give her the idea...you could always do the same hehe.