Menu

Wine, Vodka, or Valium

AAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

:glare::glare::glare:

My grievances* in no particular order:

-For crying out loud put your trash in the trash can. It hasn't moved locations in YEARS!

-If you skip whole sections of assigned work do NOT act shocked, wounded and distraught when I insist we complete them.

-When I say this is an important phone call do not follow me around the house gesturing about the state of your stomach.

-No, we will not be raising the baby rodent the dog discovered. No, this does not mean I hate all God's creatures.

-Yelling, "I am SO not back talking" at your mother when she asks you to stop back talking is by definition BACK TALKING!!

-How can it be possible that, after 4 years of asking you not to kick your sibling, you forgot it was not allowed?

-While some clothing may be optional, underwear is not.

-I do not wear your clothing and you do not fold mine. Crying about the general unfairness of folding your own clothing will not make it true.

* Yes, this is all from today and only includes my little angels, not the rest of the family. So I am left with the question of wine, vodka (in some lemonade), or medicating everyone else! :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for letting me vent. If I can survive a few more hours I can tell DH about how lucky he is that all of his children are tucked in beds and not duck-taped to walls! :D

AAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

-For crying out loud put your trash in the trash can. It hasn't moved locations in YEARS!

:D

Good grief...yes, yes, yes!!! There is no reason in this world or the next to put your trash on the counter above the trashcan. Seriously, move it three inches over and it will fall into the can. aaarrgh!!!

Good grief...yes, yes, yes!!! There is no reason in this world or the next to put your trash on the counter above the trashcan. Seriously, move it three inches over and it will fall into the can. aaarrgh!!!

And how about the dirty laundry on the floor next to the laundry basket!!

And how about the dirty laundry on the floor next to the laundry basket!!

My personal favorite is when I ask a particular little girl for her dirty clothes, then find a pile of dirty stuff on the floor of her closet.

Next to the laundry basket.

After I've done the load.

*sigh*

I'm sorry, I had to laugh. I think I've said every single one of those. Add in something about teeth brushing not being optional, and not something to roll one's eyes about. Especially when mom realizes you haven't even unpacked it since our trip 2 days ago!

Oh, and the dogs get fed twice a day, EVERY DAY. This is not new. It will not change. Get used to it and DO it!

OH, and my favorite in the past week, "climbing into sewers is not allowed...EVER." You would think that one would go without saying, but I guess not. DH was driving home from work and saw the 12 year old climbing out of a manhole. The same 12 year old that won't drink water from the bathroom sink because he is sure it is somehow connected to the toilet.

OH, and my favorite in the past week, "climbing into sewers is not allowed...EVER." You would think that one would go without saying, but I guess not. DH was driving home from work and saw the 12 year old climbing out of a manhole. The same 12 year old that won't drink water from the bathroom sink because he is sure it is somehow connected to the toilet.

You've GOT To be kidding :lol::lol: . I am just imagining.

That bottle of Captain Morgan Private Reserve is the only reason I appear to be so flawless :tongue_smilie:

We call them "mommy smoothies" around here.

Of course, my 11 yr old told his VERY religious co-op art class that "My mom drinks wine a lot. Like bottles and bottles. We are a LOT for her to handle."

Nice.

:lol::lol::lol: This made me laugh out loud. Gotta love that little guy!

My personal favorite is when I ask a particular little girl for her dirty clothes, then find a pile of dirty stuff on the floor of her closet.

Next to the laundry basket.

After I've done the load.

*sigh*

Or in a guitar case, because it is so much easier to hide dirty clothes in a guitar case than to walk to the laundry room and place them in the hamper:confused1:

AAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

My grievances* in no particular order:

-If you skip whole sections of assigned work do NOT act shocked, wounded and distraught when I insist we complete them.

-When I say this is an important phone call do not follow me around the house gesturing about the state of your stomach.

-No, we will not be raising the baby rodent the dog discovered. No, this does not mean I hate all God's creatures.

-Yelling, "I am SO not back talking" at your mother when she asks you to stop back talking is by definition BACK TALKING!!

-How can it be possible that, after 4 years of asking you not to kick your sibling, you forgot it was not allowed?

-While some clothing may be optional, underwear is not.

-I do not wear your clothing and you do not fold mine. Crying about the general unfairness of folding your own clothing will not make it true.

* Yes, this is all from today and only includes my little angels, not the rest of the family. So I am left with the question of wine, vodka (in some lemonade), or medicating everyone else! :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for letting me vent. If I can survive a few more hours I can tell DH about how lucky he is that all of his children are tucked in beds and not duck-taped to walls! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

This is my life every day! Lately though, my grievances also include "Shut the door!" This occurs roughly 20 times per day. Not kidding.

Ah, on days like that I go with vodka, iced tea and a splash of lemonaid. Today however, I'm stuck with rum and lemonaid... 'cause I drank all the vodka... :tongue_smilie:

Of course, my 11 yr old told his VERY religious co-op art class that "My mom drinks wine a lot. Like bottles and bottles. We are a LOT for her to handle."

Nice.

:lol: That. Is. Awesome.

The same 12 year old that won't drink water from the bathroom sink because he is sure it is somehow connected to the toilet.

This is totally off topic... When I was young, I always washed my hands before I flushed for this reason. I also would get into perfect position, flush and then SPRINT out of the bathroom as I was sure the toilet would suck me down somehow.

But I never climbed in a sewer. :ack2:

In reality I skipped the booze and went straight for the medicating chocolate goodness. I also had some sweet children, (who in no way resembled the children running around my house today), pop out to give me extra bedtime hugs. I think those were better than the chocolate. It was only milk chocolate after all. ;)

Nice.

That is a special kind of awesome! I am sure you didn't really appreciate it at the time, but I am so glad you shared! :D

Nice.

:lol::lol::lol: Dh just asked me "what the heck are you laughing at?"

When I read the title I thought "all 3 thank you" then read the post :lol: