Menu

May I brag for a minute?

I have homeschooled dd15 since 1st grade. I taught her how to read. I taught her how to write. I taught her how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.

And she took the Accuplacer test for Running Start today and passed with flying colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dear girlie will have just barely turned 16 when she starts taking her college classes!!!!!!

I am so proud of her and a little proud of me, too. :D

Congrats...to both of you! :)

I speak for myself here, but perhaps it applies to you and others, too. I have NO problem complaining to others about my kids faults but feel somewhat guilty when I want to share their successes. I always feel like I'm bragging, which seems to have such a negative connotation. I guess it's all in the delivery, right?

Anyway, well done!

Congrats...to both of you! :)

I speak for myself here, but perhaps it applies to you and others, too. I have NO problem complaining to others about my kids faults but feel somewhat guilty when I want to share their successes. I always feel like I'm bragging, which seems to have such a negative connotation. I guess it's all in the delivery, right?

Anyway, well done!

Totally!!! It is like their failures are my fault but their successes are all their own! :lol:

I tried to treat that accuplacer test very casually the first time round, despite being pretty keyed up about it myself, but on the way to take the test, my son said, "So, this is where we find out if homeschooling worked, isn't it?" I remember so well the mixture of triumph and relief when my son made it through ok. And it didn't diminish with the next one.

Congratulations!!!!

Yeah!

And I agree with Margaret - if we don't share the triumphs, how are the people following us going to know what worked?

Nan