Menu

So yep....I am wasting time here instead of.....

. . . getting ready for a humongous First Communion party we're having tomorrow...

Dh and ds are out all day at a fencing tournament and dd12 is out at a volleyball tournament, so it's just dd8 and me who will be doing all the last minute prep that must get done. And she has practice and a birthday party today.

So, I'm just sitting here drinking coffee and reading the boards...

Laura

Your house is in company shape AFTER the company??? How did you do that?

I have mad skills :) I only had 11 people over, so not a ton. I loaded the dishwasher after they left and then swept the floor(again and spot mopped the messes). I did a quick pass of the counters and table and really it wasn't too bad. I made really simple food that didn't require too much mess to make. The kids played outside for the most part so the kids rooms are still surprisingly clean.

I have mad skills :) I only had 11 people over, so not a ton. I loaded the dishwasher after they left and then swept the floor(again and spot mopped the messes). I did a quick pass of the counters and table and really it wasn't too bad. I made really simple food that didn't require too much mess to make. The kids played outside for the most part so the kids rooms are still surprisingly clean.

Wow!!! You do have mad skills!!!

Your house is in company shape AFTER the company??? How did you do that?

My house is in company shape after company, because.... well.... you wouldn't believe how bad it was before we got ready for company!!!

(Yes, I'm on here procrastinating too.)

Edited by Another Lynn

boooooooooo........

I have company coming this afternoon. Bathrooms are done, laundry is on round 2, and the kids rooms are "reasonable if no one looks further than the doorway."

This is only a momentary break for me. I will be happy for you while I mop the kitchen though.:nopity::tongue_smilie:

boooooooooo........

I have company coming this afternoon. Bathrooms are done, laundry is on round 2, and the kids rooms are "reasonable if no one looks further than the doorway."

This is only a momentary break for me. I will be happy for you while I mop the kitchen though.:nopity::tongue_smilie:

I just mopped my floor...moved up laundry....yelled my head off because everyone else is a load....AND did all my dishes...

PHEW! Now back here while I give Kiddoe his CAT test.

I just mopped my floor...moved up laundry....yelled my head off because everyone else is a load....AND did all my dishes...

PHEW! Now back here while I give Kiddoe his CAT test.

:cheers2:

I just noticed that one of my kids used the 3-hole puncher. I noticed b/c there are 101 tiny white dots all over the floor.:glare:

I've done a load of laundry and steam cleaned the shower. :D I haven't done dishes because dh and/or ds does dishes on weekends.

Yesterday, I vacuumed, dusted, and mopped.

I also got my workout in.

Taking a break and then will get the boys moving to clean along with me. We have plans to go swimming tomorrow so it has to get done today.

Last night I cleared clogs out of the drain manually (disassembled 3 sinks!) last night and cleaned & vacuumed for an in-law visit. I'm pooped. That's enough work for this month, right???

Yep.

(I mightn't say that if it wasn't the 29th, but no one is going to starve between now and Tuesday.)

:tongue_smilie:

Rosie

:iagree: Saturday morning is breakfast in a cafe in the next big town & shopping we can't do here.

I'm very sad because we have to find a new cafe. Our favourite has been sold and has gone downhill fast. :( I gave our self educating waitress my copy of the WTM as a leaving present. Dh thought that was silly, but if she thought so, she acted superbly. :tongue_smilie: Now I have to find a new cafe and buy another copy of the WTM!

Rosie