Menu

s/o of my Disney qs dining - your fave qs restaurants

What are your fave quick-serve restaurants by park. We will have free dining, so it doesn't necessarily need to be large quantities we can split, just the best stuff in each park, and best snacks too.

I've got Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich in DTD - we LOVE those!

I don't think I've ever heard of that one.

We did like the Backlot Cafe (?) in HS (they had a great veggie sandwich), but we'll probably plan something else for that evening after we leave the park because I certainly don't want to eat there twice, and nothing else is good there - may hit DTD and have some Wolfgang Puck or Earl of Sandwich!

FT bbq was definitely on my list, but there really isn't anything else good in AK either. That might have to be a DTD night also, unless there is a good QS meal at a different resort we could try since AK closes pretty early.

We liked Cosmic Rays, and the mexican cantina in Epcot - San Angel? It's busy as heck, though. We had one of us watching for a table and the other standing in line.

Our absolute favorite is Pinocchio's Village Haus in MK. The windows inside overlook It's A Small World (and they carry nice salads). But we limited our QS to places that didn't offer the Kids Magic 3 - burger, dog, nuggets - or at least had other options with it. I saw no point in frequenting places where that was all my kid would have an option to eat during the week. In the MK it was darn near impossible.

Worst - Restaurantasaurus in Animal Kingdom. The portions are meager and the food is pretty bad, like cafeteria quality burgers. We stopped there only because we were famished. It was realllly disappointing.

We love Columbia Harbor House in Magic Kingdom!

It's across from the entrance to The Haunted Mansion and we eat there at least once every trip.

The food is good and they have a delicious fish & chips basket (think Long John Silvers without the grease!).

And the prices are very reasonable. I fed myself and three children there for around $35 during our last visit.

I also love the atmosphere. It always seems nice and quiet in there. :)

I second a vote for Columbia Harbour House at MK. The food is better than some, but it is the atmosphere that we love. We always tour in the off season, but even then it can be pretty crowded in the park. We love to eat in the upper level of Columbia because you can usually find a quite nook to relax and get out of the middle of the crowds.

For food alone, we prefer Pecos Bill- MK (you can sit inside or out on the porch and see Splash Mtn.) The "fixins" bar is great! It has not only fresh stuff to put on a burger, but sauteed onions and mushrooms. Yum! My husband also loves the Taco Salad there.

Cosmic Ray's (at MK) is big and loud, but the food is alright and "Sonny Eclipse" is a lounge singer from "out of this world"...if you need mealtime entertainment.

At Epcot, we love the Electric Umbrella. This is not really because of the food though. HaHa. We like the drink refills, and you can dine outside and see the big musical fountain. I love that fountain.

And yes, when you are Downtown, please stop by the Earl of Sandwich!

We love Columbia Harbor House in Magic Kingdom!

It's across from the entrance to The Haunted Mansion and we eat there at least once every trip.

The food is good and they have a delicious fish & chips basket (think Long John Silvers without the grease!).

And the prices are very reasonable. I fed myself and three children there for around $35 during our last visit.

I also love the atmosphere. It always seems nice and quiet in there. :)

Yes! My favorite is Columbia Harbor House! We once did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and that is where we had lunch. Love the sandwiches there and it tends to be a bit quieter than the other spots.

You can't beat the hotdogs at Casey's on the corner of Main St(turning to the left as you face the castle)

Epcot- We typically eat at The Land (Sunshine Seasons) for a couple of reasons. They have several options, so we can each choose our favorites. It is also right outside of Soarin' so we can eat while we wait for our fast passes to be valid.

We also really like the Moroccan QS place.....is that Restaurant Marrakesh? The pita and hummus combined with rice and beans makes the meal very filling.

Magic Kingdom- we like the ones already mentioned- Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bills

Hollywood Studios- We really like the ABC Commissary.....the curry dish is awesome! Kids like Pizza Planet....I am not a big pizza eater, so it is just so/so. There just aren't a lot of QS places at HS.

Animal Kingdom- I like Yak and Yeti. DH does not....he thinks it is too greasy. I have not eaten at Flame Tree BBQ but it looks good. We typically just to to Rainforest while we are there or take in food.

OOPS!!! I wrote this before I realized you wanted QS! DUH! Oh well. I'm leaving it so you (and others) can see it!

Magic Kingdom

Counter service - Sonic Rays. Huge portions and it's pretty good.

Snacks - The bakery on Main Street has HUGE cinnamon rolls. My teen boys loved those. Also, Dole Pineapple Whips in Frontierland are wonderful!!!

When we go to MK, we usually do a dinner at the Polynesian at O'Hanas.

We've also eaten at California Grill at the Contemporary. VERY good food and you can watch the fireworks at MK from their balcony off the restauratn. They pipe in the music. It's REALLY fun!

We also have taken the boat shuttle to Whispering Canyon on our MK day. It's a VERY fun experience!

Animal Kingdom

Counter service - Flame Tree Barbecue. Better than most counter service. It's not just fast food.

Sit down - we leave the park and go elsewhere. Boma is AMAZING!!!!

Epcot

Counter Service - I didn't like Sunshine Seasons. Yes. There's a good selection, but I found the experience to be too chaotic and the food was just okay. We prefer to eat at one of the countries. We liked the fast food at Mexico.

Sit down - Coral Reef - It's worth the wait to get a place near the aquarium. Le Cellier - eat lunch here and it's still only one meal credit. Mexico (Can't remember the name) - we LOVED this!!!! We didn't like Marakesh. I don't know if it was the night we went or what. The food was VERY bland. And, the belly dancer just embarassed my oldest son. He refused to watch!

Hollywood Studios

Counterservice - Starring Rolls was really very good! They have a butterfinger cupcake dessert that can also be a snack. Don't miss out on that!

Pizza Planet - We didn't used to like this, but I took dd in January and we liked it this time!!!

We've not done any of the other restaurants here.

Wolfgang Puck is always a must for us. We usually do the counter service place there.

Restaurants we're trying this next trip (September): Tappan Edo (Epcot), Portobellos (Downtown Disney), and Kouzzina (Boardwalk). These are all new places to us and we can't wait to report back on them!!!

Edited by Jennifer in MI

Epot - Sunshine Seasons

DHS - Starring Rolls - great sandwiches and amazing desserts!

We didn't have anything stand out at MK or AK. Columbia Harbor House was okay food, but the line was so long it wasn't worth it. Yak & Yeti was also decent at AK, but not spectacular.

Don't forget to get a Dole Whip ice cream at MK. That was heavenly!

EPCOT: the French patisserie, fabulous! the fish & chips kiosk in England; the chips (fries) were soooo good - the fish was good, too, but a little bland if you're used to seasoning.

Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Ray's (variety, veggie burgers for when you get tired of heavy food, iced mochas); Village Haus (pretty good Caesar salad), Main Street Bakery (breakfast sandwiches, baked goods, lattes). The funnel cake place in Liberty Square had a rocking ice cream sandwich last time we were there: two freshly baked (and big!) chocolate chip cookies, with peppermint ice cream between.

HS: nothing great, Pizza Planet is pretty good and I think they have salads.

AK: also nothing great; Flame Tree BBQ is pretty good if you want a plate meal, the counter service at Yak & Yeti is okay, like mall chinese food.

I don't remember the name, but at Disney in FL we went to the Teppan Grill restaurant there and I was pretty disappointed. The food was fine, but I has assumed that Disney would take Teppan Grills (and the show that inevitably comes with them) to the next level - and they instead brought it down to almost-boring. This was a huge surprise to me, so I wanted to point it out to others!! :)

SEE????

THIS is why I associate you with Disney posts!!! :D

No advice as we've only been there once and probably don't know the best places, but I just had to poke my nose in and say

SEE?! I TOLD YA! :001_smile: :tongue_smilie:

Have a great trip!!!

Astrid

Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Rays, Columbia Harbor House, Main St. Bakery (the cinnamon roll for breakfast...use a snack credit), and Sleepy Hollow (funnel cake and soup).

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, La Boulangerie Patisserie, Kringla bakery (Norway...great sandwiches) and Tangierine Cafe in Morocco (fun way to try some good ethnic food and the portions are large).

Hollywood Studios: Starring Rolls (HUGE sandwiches...buy one, then buy a plain croissant and make a second sandwich with some of the filling from the first...yes, they're that big).

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree Barbeque. Yak & Yeti CS is ok, but I prefer their sit-down restaurant better...the dessert wontons are soooo good!

Our favorites:

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, La Cantina de San Angel

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill's

Hollywood Studios: nothing here is really our "favorite," but we usually go to Backlot Express or Pizza Planet

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree BBQ, Yak & Yeti

Downtown Disney: Earl of Sandwich

SEE????

THIS is why I associate you with Disney posts!!! :D

No advice as we've only been there once and probably don't know the best places, but I just had to poke my nose in and say

SEE?! I TOLD YA! :001_smile: :tongue_smilie:

Have a great trip!!!

Astrid

I get it! I actually thought about you when I posted the two Disney questions last night. We ARE planning two separate trips though, so I just HAD to ask... :tongue_smilie:

Your post is quite helpful actually. We are going in December as well, and will be doing the regular dining plan, so I'm going to start making reservations in June. There are a couple on your list that I was hoping to try, so I'm glad to see them in your favorites!

I'm just hoping the park hours for December come out before I have to reserve meals so I can plan what parks I'll be in when!

Your post is quite helpful actually. We are going in December as well, and will be doing the regular dining plan, so I'm going to start making reservations in June. There are a couple on your list that I was hoping to try, so I'm glad to see them in your favorites!

I'm just hoping the park hours for December come out before I have to reserve meals so I can plan what parks I'll be in when!

Park hours for December SHOULD be out in June. They may be out as early as the end of May. Lurk on the disboards page and you'll find out the minute they hit the internet. :D

Magic Kingdom - I'll join in with everyone else and say Columbia Harbor House. the food is always good there

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons = I like the turkey on focaccia

Hollywood studios - the Starring Rolls is great, HUGE delicious sandwiches and amazing and huge cupcakes

Animal Kingdom - we have not found anything that we like there